Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Talk

Anyone else buy this new fanzine today?

As I said to the seller I bought it from I'm surprised that they didn't plug it on here prior to the launch but it's a decent read in my opinion.

The interviews with Shaun Bartlett and, as I'm an old git, Fred Lucas were the highlights for me.

Comments

• First I've heard of it. Who is behind it ?
  • edited August 2013
    How much Len?

It does seem strange that if you were going to go to the trouble of doing something like this why wouldn't you advertise it on the premier Charlton fans website?
  • The editor is Joe Hall.

The bloke I bought mine from said he had a Charlton life account he doesn't use much but didn't think of posting about it.
  • Off_it said:

How much Len?

£2
  • I saw a seller today, but didn't part with my hard earned because I'd heard nothing about it. Also wondered if we needed another fanzine? You go for years without any and suddenly you're wading knee-deep in them as you waltz down Floyd Road!
  • Joe already runs a blog b y the same name http://valleytalkblog.com
  • And writes match previews and reports for CAS Trust along with Callum
  • I see Razil is after a freebie already, the new Henry.....
  • :) ouch, better get my 2 quid out..
  • Personally I thought it was a really good read and the proliferation of fanzines/blogs and the success of this site are a sign of an active supporter base which I think is important, particularly when times ahead might be tough. The other great thing about Valley Talk is that Joe and his team are all young and should be encouraged as much as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Were the sellers of the fanzine of a happy enough disposition and ok with you paying by a note
  • edited September 2013
    Enjoyed it, and loved the cover, it was like a 70's program.
  • Missed this yesterday. Can you get it via mail order.
  • se9addick said:

Personally I thought it was a really good read and the proliferation of fanzines/blogs and the success of this site are a sign of an active supporter base which I think is important, particularly when times ahead might be tough. The other great thing about Valley Talk is that Joe and his team are all young and should be encouraged as much as possible.

Agreed, good luck lads
  • se9addick said:

Personally I thought it was a really good read and the proliferation of fanzines/blogs and the success of this site are a sign of an active supporter base which I think is important, particularly when times ahead might be tough. The other great thing about Valley Talk is that Joe and his team are all young and should be encouraged as much as possible.

I agree. It was a good first effort. Well done to Joe.
  • I quite liked the article by The Archbishop on the Spanners/Anoraks/Toolbox/Trainspotters.
  • I would have bought a copy if I'd known in advance, as a lot of the people you see are just giving out flyers etc
  • Off_it said:

How much Len?

It does seem strange that if you were going to go to the trouble of doing something like this why wouldn't you advertise it on the premier Charlton fans website?

What you mean CO LOL ;-)
  • Bought it.

Worth £2 - especially the interview with Shaun and the revelation that he.....

*...go and buy it....*
  • Sponsored links:

• Really great to hear that people enjoyed the fanzine!

There's been some nice words said and encouragement from all over, thanks very much.

I'm a bit of a berk for not posting about it on here before the game. I always meant to but must have been sidetracked with practicing my sales/shouting technique. (still needs work)

If you did fancy a copy, I've put them for sale online here:

http://valleytalk.bigcartel.com/

I'll hopefully have a few with me at Watford too.

cheers, Joe

• Sorry , on here is the first i've heard of this new fanzine , where abouts was it being sold from outside the ground?
  • Wish I'd known yesterday, copies ordered from the site, good stuff.
  • edited September 2013
    Order placed, but no option for postage. Let us know how much and will send the difference
  • Just ordered one but no charge went on for postage
  • Just ordered one but no charge went on for postage

Same thing here. Happy for you to add it on Joe.
  • Thanks for your orders and letting me know. I've amended it now!
  • Do I take it that you get the delivery address direct from Paypal?
  • I've got the answer with the confirmatory email :-)
  • Just ordered mine.