Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowd tomorrow?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I bought two...yep, just the way it panned out...got other stuff on. Forest should be my first game BUT have an early flight to Texas the next morning for the Austin City Limits music festival, so I may miss that game too if the wife starts giving me grief... Gutted to have missed today but the 30seconds of cycling I saw was awesome, plus blagged some momentos from the Cofidis team...
  • Options
    15,542 according to BBC website
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Winner.
  • Options

10,000 season tickets, 2,500 sales, 1,200 comps, 2,300 Leicester - maybe just shy of 16,000 official - more like 13,000 in the ground.

Airman

Thinking generally, would you say that other clubs inflate their declared figures by more or less the same %?

• Options

10,000 season tickets, 2,500 sales, 1,200 comps, 2,300 Leicester - maybe just shy of 16,000 official - more like 13,000 in the ground.

Airman

Thinking generally, would you say that other clubs inflate their declared figures by more or less the same %?

Not as much, because I think we have more marginal season ticket holders and we certainly issue far more comps, which are much less likely to be used than paid tickets.
  • Options
    Ha ha, brilliant!
  • Options

Airman

Not as much, because I think we have more marginal season ticket holders and we certainly issue far more comps, which are much less likely to be used than paid tickets.
    And is that a newish policy or was it also true in the more, er, cohesive years? I'm simply trying to work out what our real attendances are compared with the published attendances of everyone else. What do you mean by 'marginal' season ticket holders? People who buy one but often don't use them? Why would people do that nowadays? I used to be one, of course, if that is what you refer to, but that was in the Prem days when there was real pressure on capacity.

• Options
    I find it strange that the attendance is generally falling. I would have thought peolle would be more inclined to come after last season and with having powell in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jamescafc said:

I find it strange that the attendance is generally falling. I would have thought peolle would be more inclined to come after last season and with having powell in charge.

I couldn't wait to buy a season ticket after last year's home form!
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I agree, I put it down to the general feeling of discontent among the fans who are normally the walk-up sales. This is with regard to the lack of signings/discontent with the owners blah blah....
  • Options
    for the 1st time in about 4 seasons i sat in west upper quite close to the away fans, must say the north upper looks good and the since i was young really is loud its just i couldnt believe how empty the east looks.
  • Options

for the 1st time in about 4 seasons i sat in west upper quite close to the away fans, must say the north upper looks good and the since i was young really is loud its just i couldnt believe how empty the east looks.

If you thought the East looked empty Saturday wait untill the next home game (Millwall), tumbleweed will be blowing through the home stands.
  • Options

Looking out from the NWQ, I always use the east as a method to help me judge the attendance, if theres a busy middle section and a smattering of fans at the ends, its a crap crowd, if the ends are busy too its a better then average crowd.

To me the west stand always looks the same every game in terms of crowd....
  • Options
    East stand did indeed look sparse from the West. Disappointing crowd but not really surprising, results are key to stimulating/maintaining interest. It has sorted out the upper west catering queues tho - it is now possible to nip out to get a coffee and a kitkat and get back to my seat comfortably within the half-time break, so there's £2.50 the club wasn't making last season...