Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Australia, One-Dayers..........

Comments

• Options
    England v Australia, Sunday 8th September.

England win the toss and put Australia in.

Aus 0-1 (0.4)
    Marsh, C Buttler B Finn 0.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Watson LBW Finn 0 1st ball:

hang on....review.....

Not out: 3rd umpire says he hit the ball, 'tho not 100% convinced.
  • Options
    Watson out nicking off, England reviewed, big noise, he looked disappointed, he would have known he nicked it.
  • Options
    Snicko suggests snicko suggests nick as well, Aus 62-2 13.3 overs.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Watson out nicking off, England reviewed, big noise, he looked disappointed, he would have known he nicked it.

He did know he nicked it. He's only not happy because there's nothing on the bat on hotspot yet it still got overturned. Botham just pointed out what I was screaming at the telly re: hotspot showing a second mark on the ball - it was a very good decision by Dar.

The Aussies are a joke with their whinging about Broad not walking - they do it as much if not more than anyone.

• Options
    118-3 off 23, "Our" James got the last wicket.
  • Options
    I like the look of Ben Stokes, looks like we might have a very decent fast bowler there.
  • Options
    175-3 (32).
  • Options

I like the look of Ben Stokes, looks like we might have a very decent fast bowler there.

Stokes over Woakes any day.
  • Options
    186-3 (33.3) (RR 5.55).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    283-5 (46.2)

Clarke caught behind 105 (102).
  • Options
    307-6 (49).
  • Options
    England needing 316 to win are 0-0 off 1.
    Carberry & Pietersen opening.
  • Options
    Mitchell Johnson looking very lively!

This winter is going to be very interesting.....
  • Options
    38-3 off 10.2.
  • Options
    To be fair, the Aussies bowling isn't really a problem for them. I wouldn't see Johnson get in their test side ahead of, say, Starc, Bird, Cummins or (obviously) Harris. It's their batting that's shite at test level. Still fancy England to go down there and wallop them - we won this series without any ofour batsmen (Bell aside) performing at anything like he level they can.
  • Options
    Yep, still going.

Or not.

Raining in Birmingham.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    There will be no play today. The rain is forecast to get heavier.

Ridiculous to schedule a September series. It's all greed. Mind you, most monies will have to be refunded.
  • Options

There will be no play today. The rain is forecast to get heavier.

Ridiculous to schedule a September series. It's all greed. Mind you, most monies will have to be refunded.

??
  • Options
    Poor Carberry, his career has gone into reverse over the past week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KP runs out Carberry then gets out himself. Trott given out LBW but sucessfully appeals, then not given out to another LBW appeal but Aussie refer, umpires call.

Why on earth are we playing these games? Of course! ££££££££££££££££££££££
  • Options
    really want carberry to perform. been a good player this season until now. still a couple more matchs for him to do it. watching him earlier in the summer I thought he could be an option as opener for the coming ashes tour.
  • Options
    Kent Cricket News ‏@ksncricket
    Kent captain James Tredwell finishes with figures of 3-53 as England bowl Australia out for 227 in the ODI at Cardiff. @kentcricket
  • Options
    the Aussies are all saying .. 'we 'ate you Buttler' (:>)
  • Options
    Buttler is unbelievable. What a talent. Surely a place has to be found in the test team. Either Priors long term replacement or the problem number 6 role.
  • Options

Buttler is unbelievable. What a talent. Surely a place has to be found in the test team. Either Priors long term replacement or the problem number 6 role.

agreed .. and Carberry to open
  • Options
    Yes - carberry actually showed the dogged ability to dig in against the new ball on a difficult pitch that would be so valuable. How about bye bye Prior....Cook Carbs Trott KP Bell Root Buttler Broad Swann (another seamer tbc) Anderson. Still think Tremlett or Finn would suit the pitches down under.
  • Options
    No Tremlett for me .. he's a spent force .. Root, despite his 100 does not totally convince me .. go for Carberry not Bairstow, Onions must go and a youngster instead of Tremlett .. who is the youngster? .. I'll need to think on that one
  • Options
    Tremlett spent force? Based on what? Whole summer has been to build him up for ashes.
  • Options
    Also butler, no thanks. Prior to continue for at least 2 years. Go as number 2 though