Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Driving over for home games from Essex, parking suggestions?

Hi all, going to start attending home games driving over from Essex, is there any tips or suggestions as to where to park?

Comments

• Options
    Victoria way car park, always space, costs a fiver though. 10 mins to the ground (if that)
  • Options
    Park in the Sainsbury's at Peartree Way by the A2. It's free, it's only 15 min walk to ground and you're straight onto the A2 for the Dartford or Blackwall tunnels.
  • Options
    If you are going to drink there, the Rose of Denmark car park on Woolwich Road
  • Options
    It's usually pretty easy getting a space on the industrial estate by Eastmore and Westmore Streets. Alternatively up by Charlton Park.
  • Options
    Ross_cafc said:

Victoria way car park, always space, costs a fiver though. 10 mins to the ground (if that)

Leave 10 mins before the end of the game to be guaranteed to be on woolwich road by 5.30 and go in an old banger...my experience of this car park...no security and like wacky races getting out of the car park and out on to the road out of it.

• Options
    Guy also told me there are secret security camera's. i work in the security industry and also just got pipped for the gold medal by bolt in the last olympics.
  • Options

Ross_cafc said:

Leave 10 mins before the end of the game to be guaranteed to be on woolwich road by 5.30 and go in an old banger...my experience of this car park...no security and like wacky races getting out of the car park and out on to the road out of it.

Admittedly I don't drive an expensive car but I've parked there 100+ times with no issue and I haven't seen anyone else's car broken into either. I tend to jog back to the car but I am in the Blackwall Tunnel by 5:10.
  • Options
    I have parked there a few times (and dont do that now) and had the same issue..even parked there for the soton game on boxing day a couple of years ago, got 2 mins away from the car park and found out it was postponed, and guess what the guy i just given me fiver too had scarpered a fiver for 5 mins parking - never again...up to you....you have been warned.
  • Options
    It has been £5 to park there for at least 15 years, during which time cumulative inflation has been approx 50% and alternative local parking options have been greatly reduced.

Rather than bemoan your bad luck, be grateful that the brightest in society don't want to become parking attendants.
  • Options

I have parked there a few times (and dont do that now) and had the same issue..even parked there for the soton game on boxing day a couple of years ago, got 2 mins away from the car park and found out it was postponed, and guess what the guy i just given me fiver too had scarpered a fiver for 5 mins parking - never again...up to you....you have been warned.

TBF I don't think any car park would refund you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why should they. Their obligation was to provide parking which they did. Should hsve sued Durso.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Why should they. Their obligation was to provide parking which they did. Should hsve sued Durso.
    Some people work on the principal whats fair and reasonable....they wernt so i dont park there anymore, think its only fair to warn others...They say they have secure cameras and theres somewhere there during the match....neither happens.
  • Options
    Depends when you get to the ground

I try to time it to park at 2.15 Ish in which case the retail outlets boots etc near asda where you get 3 hrs parking quick getaway to the tunnel

Otherwise near the horse and groom (rip)
  • Options
    Lansdowne Lane, its free so why pay a fiver and its a short walk from the ground
  • Options
    I normally see if I can nick Len's spot, just to wind him up.
  • Options
    Park in either Anchor and Hope Lane or turn left by Mataland and follow the road round.
  • Options
    we park on eastcombe avenue. easy enough to get to. Not sure why, but we've been parking there for a decade!
  • Options
    Sutlej Road is where all the cool people park.
  • Options
    We park in the streets above the park and have a pleasant stroll to and from the game. Good getaway to Shooters Hill too.
  • Options
    The following roads offer free parking,Eastcombe Avenue off Victoria way, also nearby Sandtoft Rd,Eversley Rd,Wyndcliff Rd,Bramshot Ave.