Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dan Evans

Great win today in the US Open.
Did brilliant to qualify but beating the world No.11 in straight sets, amazing stuff.
Robson wontoday to.
British tennis is on an up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23843924

Comments

• Options
    Another great win against Tomic.
  • Options
    Wow, never expected him to beat Tomic!

Another England victory over Australia :-)
  • Options
    Apparently Dan Evans said that he tried to practice with Tomic in Miami but Bernard's dad rejected him because he "wasn't good enough"
  • Options
    AlexC said:

Apparently Dan Evans said that he tried to practice with Tomic in Miami but Bernard's dad rejected him because he "wasn't good enough"

This is true. Just watched his interview. He reckons it wasn't Bernard's doing as he knows him from junior tournaments etc.
    Tomic's dad must feel a bit of a prick now.
  • Options
    A great win! Keep it up Dan.
  • Options
    Lost opening service game but broke back. Come on Dan.
  • Options
    Where has this guy come from? I love the way he plays.
  • Options

Where has this guy come from? I love the way he plays.

ITF/Challengers.....................Tough to move up the rankings.
  • Options
    taken the 3rd set, come on Dan
  • Options
    AlexC said:

A bit like the LCFC fans today - they thought we were shite like Mr Tomic Snr thought DE was back in Miami.

Pride before a fall ladies and gentlemen? ;-)))

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollox, served for the 4th set......................................
  • Options
    Beat Novak on clay at the Monte Carlo Masters and is into the semi final of a Masters 1000 tournament.

Saw a tweet... Only two players have beaten Novak on clay since 2019. Rafael Nadal and Dan Evans.
  • Options
    Beat Novak on clay at the Monte Carlo Masters and is into the semi final of a Masters 1000 tournament.

Saw a tweet... Only two players have beaten Novak on clay since 2019. Rafael Nadal and Dan Evans.
    I was just as surprised/impressed that he then beat David Goffin in the QF, as I was expecting a dip after such a notable win