Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPod touch screen replacement

Does anybody know the cheapest/most reliable place to get a screen replacement for an iPod touch 4th generation? As my son has smashed his one :((

Comments

• There's a place in Mile End Road, E1, that will do it while you wait - it's opposite retail park where Halfords and Currys is located. I know some who had their screen replaced there and they were happy with it. Not sure if E1 is any good for you though!
  • Thanks Paul its a bit far to go as live on Kent I suppose it depends on how their price compares to others to make it worth the drive?
  • I had my i-phone screen replaced in Palermo. Don't suppose that's much help though.
  • My daughter went to the apple store in Bluewater and they replaced the whole iPod and charged £70
  • edited August 2013

My daughter went to the apple store in Bluewater and they replaced the whole iPod and charged £70

This is your best bet - its done pretty much on the spot and you get some sort of guarantee with it as well.

Make sure you sync the ipod beforehand as they litterally just swap it. Book an appointment at the genius bar and you're good to go.

Bluewater store is here: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/bluewater/
  • Buy a replacement screen and ill do it for you. Changed the screen on my old iPhone 3gs and they are pretty similar.
  • PopIcon said:

Buy a replacement screen and ill do it for you. Changed the screen on my old iPhone 3gs and they are pretty similar.

Do you know how much they are? How to buy one? How much do you charge? Thanks.
  • I've found some screens + tools on eBay, apparently with the 4th gen the LCD and the glass both need to be replaced at the same time, is this the same as the iPhone 3GS?
  • After replacing my sons broken iPod touch he has now dropped replacement in bucket of water, advice on how to best dry out for best chance of revival would be greatly appreciated. Now a very frustrated mummy :-(
  • Bag of rice and warm room
  • Sponsored links:

• After replacing my sons broken iPod touch he has now dropped replacement in bucket of water, advice on how to best dry out for best chance of revival would be greatly appreciated. Now a very frustrated mummy :-(

I put mine through the washing machine by accident. I just put a few towels on the radiator left it for week then stuck it on to charge. It was a bit funny for a few days but has worked fine ever since
  • it will dry out in the airing cupboard for a week
  • Thanks guys