Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelski vs The Tigers

Comments

• Options
    Because he said it when the cameras showed Lukaku warming up. They look nothing alike, so what's he suggesting?
  • Options
    Nothing alike?

• Options

Nothing alike, yeah? Stop attempting to be controversial for attention.
  • Options

Because he said it when the cameras showed Lukaku warming up. They look nothing alike, so what's he suggesting?

Don't be so ridiculous.
  • Options
    Has Martin Tyler been writing his own scripts? Commenting on Sagbo being signed from Evian and getting into......hot water???? and.....pouring cold water on something???? during the season. Oh my sides...........
  • Options
    I think livermore looks like chris hughton's love child.
  • Options

Wait, what are you suggesting ?
  • Options

Not sure that's acceptable, what are you trying to suggest?

• Options
    Not sure
  • Options
    Why do Sky choose to televise games like this? Can understand if it's being played at the underdog's ground but this isn't entertaining.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha! Attempting to be controversial for attention? I don't comment on here much, if attention is what I'm after I'd comment a lot more. Okay, I'll admit that in those pictures they look alike, but Lukaku did not look like Drogba in the shot they showed. Also, a few quotes from Twitter demonstrate that I'm not the only person in the universe that thought it was a bit odd.

sebo ‏@Connorm1903 14m
    Did the commentator just say that's lukaku drogba hasn't come back.. What a racist implying all black people look the same? #skysportsracism

J Robbins ‏@robbinsuk 15m
    Did Martin Tyler just say "that's Lukaku, Drogba hasn't come back" when Lukaku came on screen?! Wow

Jack ‏@Spanderton 16m
    'That is Lukaku, Drogba hasn't come back.' And that's racism Martin Tyler

I could go on and on, but okay, whatever.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Why do Sky choose to televise games like this? Can understand if it's being played at the underdog's ground but this isn't entertaining.

Because they can't predict the future, because it's Jose's first game back and because it's Hulls first game back in the Prem would be my guesses.
  • Options
    PC gone mad.
  • Options
    Hull are doing OK here, they have an experienced side now and have spent a few quid .. I will be surprised if they are relegated
  • Options
    Fuck me, how is that racism?

Two blokes of a similar size, height, weight, build, physique, hairstyle and, yes, skin colour.

It's not as if he's comparing him to Idi Amin, is it?
  • Options

Haha! Attempting to be controversial for attention? I don't comment on here much, if attention is what I'm after I'd comment a lot more. Okay, I'll admit that in those pictures they look alike, but Lukaku did not look like Drogba in the shot they showed. Also, a few quotes from Twitter demonstrate that I'm not the only person in the universe that thought it was a bit odd.

sebo ‏@Connorm1903 14m
    Did the commentator just say that's lukaku drogba hasn't come back.. What a racist implying all black people look the same? #skysportsracism

J Robbins ‏@robbinsuk 15m
    Did Martin Tyler just say "that's Lukaku, Drogba hasn't come back" when Lukaku came on screen?! Wow

Jack ‏@Spanderton 16m
    'That is Lukaku, Drogba hasn't come back.' And that's racism Martin Tyler

I could go on and on, but okay, whatever.

Stop reading Twitter for moral guidance. You sound silly.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Talal said:

Because they can't predict the future, because it's Jose's first game back and because it's Hulls first game back in the Prem would be my guesses.
    I don't think you need to be mystic meg to have predicted this one.
  • Options
    Okay, it's not racist. The pictures on here show them to look similar. I still don't think they look that similar when he's been shown on TV today. "Nothing alike" was an exaggeration. Sorry everyone.
  • Options

PC gone mad.

This.

• Options
    Some white guys look similar, some black guys look similar. When they do it isn't racist to comment on it.

Whenever they show David Luiz I think of Sideshow Bob, is that racially offensive to white/yellow people ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Some white guys look similar, some black guys look similar. When they do it isn't racist to comment on it.

Whenever they show David Luiz I think of Sideshow Bob, is that racially offensive to white/yellow people ?

Yes, I get that. Thanks.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Yes, I get that. Thanks.
    I just looked up the twitter user you quoted with the #skysportsracism tag and what a surprise he's a Liverpool supporter !
  • Options
    Having looked up more pictures online and finding very few where he doesn't look like Drogba, I can see why everyone thought my comment was ridiculous. It's just that when I saw him on TV, I didn't think "Woah, he looks a lot like Drogba". I'm not stupid, I'm well aware that you can compare people of the same colour skin without being racist. I wasn't attention seeking, and the rationale behind my initial comment was related to what I saw on TV. I realise now that this was a silly comment, after seeing other pictures. Back to the football...
  • Options
    Well played sir.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    All 3 promoted teams failed to win or score in their openers.
  • Options

Having looked up more pictures online and finding very few where he doesn't look like Drogba, I can see why everyone thought my comment was ridiculous. It's just that when I saw him on TV, I didn't think "Woah, he looks a lot like Drogba". I'm not stupid, I'm well aware that you can compare people of the same colour skin without being racist. I wasn't attention seeking, and the rationale behind my initial comment was related to what I saw on TV. I realise now that this was a silly comment, after seeing other pictures. Back to the football...

Fair play mate.

Weirdly I think both sides will be pretty happy with that. Hull could have been smashed and 2-0 is respectable.
  • Options
    First half hour looked like it was gonna be bad.
  • Options
    Deary me. Just shows a sign of the times when people say that's racist. Doesn't surprise me anymore.
  • Options

Fair play to you Aiden. Nice one. As you say, "back to the football".
  • Options

Man falls asleep in the car pitchside.