Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boxing tonight

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Any idea on ringwalk time for Groves/Eubank tomorrow? - scrap that, just seen 10pm
  • Yep bob he was shitting it looked like he never slept heard yesterday he was over on check weight weds but just in realms of rules then was still big yesterday and had shifted 8lb by this weigh in , his face looked drawn

George is ultra confident Eubank is Eubank but I saw nerves today in the corridors behind the weigh in I think he knows that this is a big big deal and groves looks so calm and big

• Just watched the weigh in highlights... Groves looks big
  • Yep bob he was shitting it looked like he never slept heard yesterday he was over on check weight weds but just in realms of rules then was still big yesterday and had shifted 8lb by this weigh in , his face looked drawn

George is ultra confident Eubank is Eubank but I saw nerves today in the corridors behind the weigh in I think he knows that this is a big big deal and groves looks so calm and big

George will have a stone advantage come the fight.
  • Any idea on ringwalk time for Groves/Eubank tomorrow? - scrap that, just seen 10pm

All WBSS main events are 10pm uk time ring walks. They're trying to make it a thing.
    Everyone associates Champions League with 7.45
    They want to establish a 10pm start for the main fights
  • Sauerland looked off his face at the press conference

He always does. Likely because he always is. Lol
    Check any of his main interviews on YouTube and the comment section is 95% about his jaw flying all over the place.
    To be fair to him, he always mentions the comments etc and says he loves the banter/stick he gets from fans
  • Didn't like the look of Groves at the weigh in, he never look a great but his face looked gaunt. Though if NLA said he was looking good in person than that is good enough for me.

Really want GG to give Eubanks a lesson because he is by far the better boxer.

Check any of his main interviews on YouTube and the comment section is 95% about his jaw flying all over the place.
    To be fair to him, he always mentions the comments etc and says he loves the banter/stick he gets from fans

• edited February 2018

Yep bob he was shitting it looked like he never slept heard yesterday he was over on check weight weds but just in realms of rules then was still big yesterday and had shifted 8lb by this weigh in , his face looked drawn

Based on what you say about the weight I would expect Walsh to be blowing out of his arse after 6 rounds. Had a sneaky little double Lowe and Groves both by stoppage - 23/1 on Betfair.

Will back George as a single as well if Lowe doesn’t stop Walsh.
  • Bob, are you allowed to bet with your company or do you have to have no gambling ties to them?

Groves in 8 for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Bob, are you allowed to bet with your company or do you have to have no gambling ties to them?

Groves in 8 for me.

I can’t bet with bet365 and quite right too - but can still get under the radar with some others (not all!).

• Groves looked really good imo I think Shane has him in a good place , his weight and strength with be so obvious tomorrow

http://checkhookboxing.com/index.php?threads/kalle-sauerland-we-salute-you.96449/

Check this out one of the funniest threads...
  • cs1986 said:

Sauerland looked off his face at the press conference

http://checkhookboxing.com/index.php?threads/kalle-sauerland-we-salute-you.96449/

Check this out one of the funniest threads...
    That’s hilarious - especially his performance today.
  • The only thing that has annoyed me about this fight is Eubank will again be relevant even if he loses. I make no secret about being a Groves fan and I've possibly seen him box live in.person more than any other fighter from memory.

Eubank has attached his name to so many fighters of real stock and pedigree but only fought 1 maybe 2 if you count Abraham.

Putting aside my bias towards Groves I think Eubank needs to pray Groves has a really bad night and he has the best night of his career. I've stuck money on Groves to iron out or TKO Eubank mid rounds and also done the double for Lowe and Groves both to win by stoppage

Best get my arse off to bed, fucken buzzing for this tomorrow
  • Just had ten mins with Gareth A Davies and he like everyone else is split every single time he changes his mind he is leaning on groves in 6
  • Which pub did they drag that bloke out from who Joyce just fought ffs. Embarrassing that
  • edited February 2018
    Joyce vs Chisora agreed for Haye vs Bellew undercard, which I have tickets for, happy days that’ll be a good scrap
  • Just had ten mins with Gareth A Davies and he like everyone else is split every single time he changes his mind he is leaning on groves in 6

Big fan of Gareth. Best boxing/MMA journalist in this country by a distance.

Personally I feel the same about the fight. If I had to bet I'd go for GG just because he is a longer price but really I wouldn't be surprised either way.
  • Never liked Groves and hope Eubank wins. Will be a good fight though, and if CE can stand up to GG power advantage, I see him winning late on.
  • Sponsored links:

• I seem to be the only person I know confident in Eubank tonight. I think he is going to give Groves a schooling. I think Eubank can take Groves power and can see Groves self doubts kicking in and Eubank’s ability the outwork him and tire him taking over. We’ll see
  • Good luck to the lad you sponsor @nth london addick and hope all of you up there have a great night
  • Good luck to the lad you sponsor @nth london addick and hope all of you up there have a great night

Cheers, AFKA - I can't remember the last time I was so excited about going to a fight.
  • I seem to be the only person I know confident in Eubank tonight. I think he is going to give Groves a schooling. I think Eubank can take Groves power and can see Groves self doubts kicking in and Eubank’s ability the outwork him and tire him taking over. We’ll see

He's not his dad mate, I don't think junior has ever been hit by someone who punches hard enough but from the way he reacts when he does get clipped I think that will be his undoing. Groves will land something unpleasant on him and depending on juniors reaction will determine how quickly or brutally Groves will then stop him

• bobmunro said:

Good luck to the lad you sponsor @nth london addick and hope all of you up there have a great night

Cheers, AFKA - I can't remember the last time I was so excited about going to a fight.
    Honestly it’s mental I have been up since 6 am buzzing for this fight tonight , nerves for my Isaac have now kicked in

Bob has nailed it these nights are electric and a privilege to attend I think we are in for the best night of boxing in years

Langford vs arnfield

Walsh vs Lowe

Groves vs Eubank

What a cracking three fights you will go a long way to find three closer top bill fights this year

Genuine 50/50 fights all three and all three will be absolutely full on now back foot fighters in there

Thanks smudge next up after this is our own Lew Smith can’t wait for him to have a night like this of his own
  • bobmunro said:

Good luck to the lad you sponsor @nth london addick and hope all of you up there have a great night

Honestly it’s mental I have been up since 6 am buzzing for this fight tonight , nerves for my Isaac have now kicked in

Bob has nailed it these nights are electric and a privilege to attend I think we are in for the best night of boxing in years

Langford vs arnfield

Walsh vs Lowe

Groves vs Eubank

What a cracking three fights you will go a long way to find three closer top bill fights this year

Genuine 50/50 fights all three and all three will be absolutely full on now back foot fighters in there

Thanks smudge next up after this is our own Lew Smith can’t wait for him to have a night like this of his own
    Hope you had a good night, D.

Agreed, most cards (Hearn in particular) are packed with journeymen against up and coming with 1/50 favourites. This one is competitive throughout.

My boys are picking me up at 12.00 and I've been up since 7.00am - couldn't sleep.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.
  • Will be interesting to see what PPV figures this pulls in in comparison to Sky PPVs
  • Heavy head this morning bob

The malmaison bar is one of my favorites in Manchester and they sell the best Gin

Heading to the park plaza event for 1600 then be into our vip bit for 7 ish see you there pal
  • Anyone know any local pubs showing? Anyone watching it out?
  • edited February 2018
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!