Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football in Denmark - The Scandinavian experience

Following on from the recent post about my adopted Danish team FC Nordsjælland's "wonder goal" last weekend I recently came across this well written blog by two welsh guys who had spent a few days watching football in Scandinavia. It summarizes their experiences at the recent home game against FC Copenhagen (where the aforementioned "wonder goal" was scored). If you have the time to read it I can tell you that it's well worth checking out and paints a brilliant picture of what it is to experience football danish style.

Enjoy!

http://lostboyos.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/lost-in-farum-fc-nordsjaelland/

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for posting that flyingkiwiDK. As you say well worth reading and puts across very well the enormous difference in the football experience between here and Denmark. I worked for a short while in Aalborg and had the chance to experience the Danish brand of football first hand. I still watch for their results.
  • Options
    Good read.
  • Options
    Good read... Like the fact that they have a bar on the Stands so you can queue up for a beer whilst watching the game, and after purchasing you can continue watching the game whilst drinking your beer - Without any trouble
  • Options
    Great read, and what a stupendous goal.

Wasnt the FCC goalscorer, Gislarson, with us for a while, without ever featuring?

Ive been to Farum. Picked up my first Toyota RAV4 there. Thought I'd share that with you
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Great read, and what a stupendous goal.

Wasnt the FCC goalscorer, Gislarson, with us for a while, without ever featuring?

Ive been to Farum. Picked up my first Toyota RAV4 there. Thought I'd share that with you

That's correct, Rúrik Gíslason was on the team between 05-07 :)

He played in Odense Boldklub for 3 years, my hometown club - a great talent with a strong will to fight for the team. Unfortunately he has been hit by injuries quite a lot, often when he was just about to hit topform. His development and abilities got FCK's attention and they bought him from OB. A healthy Gíslason would be a great addition to our squad today!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    Lived in Denmark for 2 years 1983-85 played for a team called Herning Fremad.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I had a great time when I saw Brondby. We were approached by a guy selling tickets, a big no no. He was like "oh okay, if you don't want to get in for free." We therefore had a look, all seemed okay so we thought we may as well, then told him that if we saw him in there we'd get him a drink.

It was unreserved seating over 2 tiers so a long shot. However, having got our relatively cheap 5 pints for £20 my mate and I settled down and lo and behold, him and his mates turned up in front of us a few mins later.

We spent the game getting wasted and bitching about Rommedahl then got a lift to the station. We still catch up occasionally online if Brondby or Charlton have had a big game, I'll have to do the derby with Copenhagen at some point. One around that time was literally women & kids only though.

Also bumped into some West Ham fans on the train back that night & started a "We hate Millwall" chant. We went to see Malmo the following night but it was relatively subdued.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

Lived in Denmark for 2 years 1983-85 played for a team called Herning Fremad.

Herning Fremad is today called FC Midtjylland (a merger between Herning Fremad and Ikast in 1999).
    Mergers are a sad reality for a lot of Danish clubs, but (apparently) they're forced to do so, to survive.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I had a great time when I saw Brondby.

@RedPanda were you on the pitch with the lady post match? If yes, perhaps you should do the decent thing and let her know her picture is on the internet.