Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moany Moyes

I was rather hoping now Fergie was gone we might get a bit of respite from the constant stream of paranoid bullshit coming out of the red half Manchester but it seems young Davie Moyes is ready to cast off the shackles of his previous honest, straight talking demeanor and fully embrace his inherited role as English football's premier tripe spouter. Am I the only one who finds it pretty embarrassing when managers come out with this kind of crap?

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23710359

Comments

• Options
    "I hope it's not the fact that Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last season that has led to the fixtures being made harder"

You gotta play them all at some point Moyes!

I'm sure he'd rather play them now than when their players have bedded in, or over the Christmas period
  • Options
    Utd always have it their own way, I'm glad they've got this draw of fixtures. I really like Moyes as a manager so I'm hoping he doesn't turn into a moany old bastard like Fergie
  • Options
    So at the end of the season when they have a run of 'easier' fixtures in the run-in, will he be thanking the league?

Last eight fixtures West Ham, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Hull, Everton, Norwich, Sunderland, Southampton.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    so they have 3 hard fixtures from their first 5. Whats he moaning about?! surely you have as much chance of drawing a top 8 team than any other?

Its like doing the lottery and moaning that 3 of the numbers drawn are consecutive.
  • Options
    I did think it was a little Fergie-like when I saw the headlines this morning.

It could be a massive advantage for them. If they go through all those fixtures unscathed then likelihood is they will be on top of the pack.
  • Options
    bloody Jocks.
  • Options
    Isn't ol' Red Nose himself still roaming the halls up there? Sounds suspiciously like the mentor using his protege as a mouthpiece to me
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Isn't ol' Red Nose himself still roaming the halls up there? Sounds suspiciously like the mentor using his protege as a mouthpiece to me

I now have an image in my head of Moyes sat on Fergie's knee with Fergie's hand up is back and Fergie saying "Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer, the ref's all hate us and I won't do interviews with the Gee-Gee-Cee out the side of his mouth".

Moyes does actually look a bit like an old ventriloquist's dummy.

• Options
    I can see why he is moaning.

We have had two easy games so far this season.
  • Options
    myself and @rothko were sat directly in front of him last night. Got some proper clog when Lambert scored the winner but took it quite well to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we've still gotta put up with Wenger we may as well put up with ginger bollocks an all
  • Options
    I was surprised by his comments today - it's not really like him. However, he might be feeling the pressure a bit at them moment - far more than he has before, which is understandable.

Having met the fella, I haven't got a bad word to say about him, TBH (down to earth, sense of humour, intelligence, integrity - reminds me of the qualities of another manager/legend closer to home!). I don't think anybody else has either.
  • Options
    It's not in keeping with the way he generally conducted himself at Everton. I hope it's not a sign of things to come because I was really hoping Man Utd were going to develop a better sense of respect and fair play under Moyes. Lots to admire in that club but I could never get past the way Fergie behaved and the way he encouraged his players to.
  • Options
    Maybe Sir Alex is still writing the scripts at the press meetings.
  • Options

I now have an image in my head of Moyes sat on Fergie's knee with Fergie's hand up is back and Fergie saying "Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer, the ref's all hate us and I won't do interviews with the Gee-Gee-Cee out the side of his mouth".

Is this what you're seeing?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Scottish and moans at officials - perfect for Man U.

I agree with Sam - surely better to play a team like Man City who will have lots of players settling in now than when they are in full flow.
  • Options

Is this what you're seeing?

Almost exactly - love it!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Moyes was never backwards in coming up front when he was at Everton. I am sure that many will be analysing every word that he speaks looking (listening rather) for things which aren't there, tones of voice which conduct hidden meanings. Anyway, whatever Moyes does and says, Chelsea are the next prem champs
  • Options
    Shows what a great manager Ferguson was. Doubt Moyes will be there next season.
  • Options
    C'mon. Two definate pens today, I don't think he was moaning but pointing out the bleeding obvious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shows what a great manager Ferguson was. Doubt Moyes will be there next season.

Its great to see Everton doing so well without him too
  • Options

C'mon. Two definate pens today, I don't think he was moaning but pointing out the bleeding obvious.

I didn't think either incident, the Arsenio Hall sorry Wellbeck or Ashley Young hurdling Lloris was a pen. Funny that. It's about time we had some luck at OT after being on the receiving end of bad refereeing decisions for over 20 years.

I suppose he also wanted Harry Kane booked for that genius bit of time wasting at the end too??? ;)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I didn't think either incident, the Arsenio Hall sorry Wellbeck or Ashley Young hurdling Lloris was a pen. Funny that. It's about time we had some luck at OT after being on the receiving end of bad refereeing decisions for over 20 years.

I suppose he also wanted Harry Kane booked for that genius bit of time wasting at the end too??? ;)
    No way on gods earth was the Welbeck one a penalty. Can see a bit of an arguement for the Ashley Young one but you reap what you sow and if you dive as much as Young does then sometimes it comes back to bite you on the bum.
  • Options
    I think Man Utd are well in credit when it comes to dodgy pens - he should moan - pens to us are like hen's teeth.
  • Options
    Mourihno man utd mgr next season
  • Options
    Howard Webb has had it in for Man Utd ever since Alex Ferguson dropped him to fourth official, refused to renew his lucrative "no win, no fee" contract and placed him on the transfer list. Long gone are the days when Ferguson issued a hands off warning and insisted Howard Webb was not for sale.
  • Options
    To be fair to Moyes - United could have sacked Ferguson early in his career with them - I remember us beating them a few times with him in charge! Fergie will have recommended Moyes and will be reminding the board of that fact.
  • Options

To be fair to Moyes - United could have sacked Ferguson early in his career with them - I remember us beating them a few times with him in charge! Fergie will have recommended Moyes and will be reminding the board of that fact.

Moyes has also been left with one of the worst UTD teams that ive seen in years.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Moyes has also been left with one of the worst UTD teams that ive seen in years.
    They seemed to do reasonably OK last season!

Gary Neville summed it up well when he said that United under Moyes are static and predictable - that is the way Moyes plays, low risk, defensive football - that is fine for Everton but not enough at United.

He needs to let the players get back to the risk taking, buccaneering football they played under Fergie where they would simply overwhelm you with attacking numbers.
  • Options
    Good point, you look at Everton now and they seem to attack rather than the cautious approach under Moyes.