Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paddy not happy with budget cut

Just opened this bday card. Shame paddy didn't do this last season.

Comments

• Could you make out any pitch markings last season ;-) By the way, has anything ever been said to explain the poor quality of last year's pitch.
  • Jiminez, Murray and Jim Davidson.
  • Macronate said:

Jiminez, Murray and Jim Davidson.

Love old JD, one of me favourite comedians
  • Which reminds me where's that thread "the things women say". We were having a chat with a friend in the pub last night and talking about ex players that remain at the club long into their lives working there in different rolls. To which i said, yes our groundsman Colin Powell played for the club for years, he even scored the first goal at the first game back at the Valley in 1992.

Ian looked at me but said nothing for a few mins because i think he was a bit embarrassed for me. But then couldn't help himself and pointed out my mistake..

As a footnote, i did realise my mistake soon after i had said it, and i was a bit tiddly... so thats my excuse.

• edited August 2013
    that is a VERY funny cartoon .. hahahaahahahaha ... AND: Many happy Returns O R H
  • very funny :)
  • Good HINT btw Randy!

Happy Birthday pal, have a goodun!
  • Ha. No hint big robin. I fricking hate birthdays.

Thanks anyway.
  • edited August 2013
    A birthday card? What a great card. happy birthday.
  • Curb_It said:

Which reminds me where's that thread "the things women say". We were having a chat with a friend in the pub last night and talking about ex players that remain at the club long into their lives working there in different rolls. To which i said, yes our groundsman Colin Powell played for the club for years, he even scored the first goal at the first game back at the Valley in 1992.

Ian looked at me but said nothing for a few mins because i think he was a bit embarrassed for me. But then couldn't help himself and pointed out my mistake..

As a footnote, i did realise my mistake soon after i had said it, and i was a bit tiddly... so thats my excuse.

that is embarrasing.

everyone knows it was 1997.
  • Sponsored links:

• About time Colin Powell got moved on. He must be near the top of Mute Tone's hit list. Cutting the grass is a luxury we can ill afford. If we sell the training ground we can make more use of the Valley pitch and all that extra activity should keep the grass flat. Simples.
  • He could hire some sheep to do it ... Oh, hang on....
  • I think the absents of grass makes for a more exciting game.
  • I walked past Dulwich College the other day, and saw that the vast playing fields behind the main building have been stripped back to bare earth in readiness for re-seeding (or turf laying?). To be completed during the summer holidays. The immaculate clubhouse is the size of some entire schools. A privileged education - OK for some, eh?
  • Think SurreyCCC have a big hand in this, I'm pretty certain they play certain U16, U18 games there, so I would image that they pay a certain amount for the upkeep of the cricket pitches.
  • Think SurreyCCC have a big hand in this, I'm pretty certain they play certain U16, U18 games there, so I would image that they pay a certain amount for the upkeep of the cricket pitches.

Yes, that rings a bell, MOG - a very useful connection between the College and The Oval.