Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trouble at Butlins Bognor....

2»

Comments

• When you said about going to Pontins Camber AFKA i didnt like to say but had only heard awful stories about the place and that it should be shut down.

• Spot on. 7 nights in a two bed appartment (gold standard) is close to £700.00 during the summer holidays. They have also started charging £5 - £10 a head for any decent activities.

wow, you are right.

We go when its cheap, 4 days in March self catering and that comes to around 230 for Gold, which i don't think is to bad. Never realised how astronomically that rises during the summer.

On the flip side, we've just down our annual Sun £9.50 one, this time to Pontins Camber, which was overpriced at that. You can argue what can you expect from a £38 family holiday, but we've had some great ones before. Won't be returning there.

We went there a few years back using the Sun offer. Total pit. They may as well close it down as they just don't spend any money on the place.

• Virtually all our holidays are caravans or holiday parks, so i'm no looking on from a snobbish point of view. But it was very
    dated and not particularly clean, and the accomodation was the most basic and rundown i've ever stayed in.

We'd only been there 20 mins when one of my boys pulled a draw and the whole chest of drawers fell apart and on top of him, and fortunately the 1970s telly on top just missed his head as it crashed to the floor. Rained heavy one night and had two different leaks, on top of leaks from under the sink, the shower and the back of the toilet.

Won't slag off others, but i think I was the only bloke there without a tattoo on my neck.

Still, change of scenery for a few days
  • edited September 2013

Virtually all our holidays are caravans or holiday parks, so i'm no looking on from a snobbish point of view. But it was very
    dated and not particularly clean, and the accomodation was the most basic and rundown i've ever stayed in.

We'd only been there 20 mins when one of my boys pulled a draw and the whole chest of drawers fell apart and on top of him, and fortunately the 1970s telly on top just missed his head as it crashed to the floor. Rained heavy one night and had two different leaks, on top of leaks from under the sink, the shower and the back of the toilet.

Won't slag off others, but i think I was the only bloke there without a tattoo on my neck.

Still, change of scenery for a few days

Blimey AFKA you really are a chipper bloke.
  • ? Not with you SHG ?
  • Chipper as in hard to find reason to complain. After that experience most on here would be spitting feathers.
  • What is it with your boys and TVs?
  • Went there once - looked like someone had let their twins run riot in the place.

Complained about the dodgy furniture and dented telly and got upgraded to a lodge with hot tub.

Me and the wife got matching tattoos to commemorate the occasion.
  • Plaaayer said:

What is it with your boys and TVs?

Don't, its the bane of my life. When Rodders had his little un a few months ago, when we went round to visit them he stood the whole time holding his telly and would not move until we had left!

We've now removed the playguard from around the cabinet and drilled and fixed the telly into the base so it can't be pushed off. However, this means there is access now to the base cabinet, and one of my boys has worked out how to open the cabinet, and manually operate the sky box to rewind something and play it again. And will do this constantly, and i mean constantly. He doesn't really understand 'no', so no amount of distraction, pulling away, naughty step, telling off, punishing etc has any impact as he doesn't understand. Have tried blocking it, straps, tape, the works, eventually gets it all off. Currently have four different string ties tightly around it, which has so far done its job for 3 days now, but I know its only a matter of time.

Starting to appreciate it can sometimes be the smallest of things that can eventually drive someone mad!

• Chipper as in hard to find reason to complain. After that experience most on here would be spitting feathers.

Sorry SHG, the thought of me being described as chipper will have plenty of my mates chuckling!

• Sponsored links:

• You don't know AFKA very well do you SHG! Lol
  • oh and didn't mention the next day, the same lad fell 6 foot off aplayground bridge, fortunately landing horizontally rather than at an angle on bark stuff rather than concrete, and somehow got away with no more than a scratched face and a few tears of shock. Could have been very very serious, so thank your stars.
  • Plaaayer said:

You don't know AFKA very well do you SHG! Lol

and acquantances :-)

• Plaaayer said:

What is it with your boys and TVs?

Don't, its the bane of my life. When Rodders had his little un a few months ago, when we went round to visit them he stood the whole time holding his telly and would not move until we had left!

We've now removed the playguard from around the cabinet and drilled and fixed the telly into the base so it can't be pushed off. However, this means there is access now to the base cabinet, and one of my boys has worked out how to open the cabinet, and manually operate the sky box to rewind something and play it again. And will do this constantly, and i mean constantly. He doesn't really understand 'no', so no amount of distraction, pulling away, naughty step, telling off, punishing etc has any impact as he doesn't understand. Have tried blocking it, straps, tape, the works, eventually gets it all off. Currently have four different string ties tightly around it, which has so far done its job for 3 days now, but I know its only a matter of time.

Starting to appreciate it can sometimes be the smallest of things that can eventually drive someone mad!

That's no way to treat a young child, AFKA. The wife - that's acceptable, perhaps even pleasurable.