Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premiership teams?

I apologise in advance if this discussion as already been created.

I am a football coach in which I spend every day teaching young children football, most of them being crazy about the big teams like Chelsea, Man U etc. Every child who walks into my camps or sessions always asks me the team of whom I support, and on my reply to Charlton, I either get a 'who are they?' but mostly get 'okay, but which premiership team?' and I always still to this day ponder of which premiership team I route for.

I always had a very miniscule soft spot for teams like Wigan, Reading , who I like to watch scrap their way through the premiership season with players nothing compared to the big teams, but also for teams like Fulham or Aston Villa, who are long running premiership teams. But in Conclusion I can never say I really look out for a team, yet I only find myself each week looking at the Championship table only.

So I ask you, if you were to support a premiership team, who would it be? and why?

Comments

• Options
    Erm...no one mate.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't support any, and much to the confusion of my co-workers.. I rarely have a clue what's going on outside of whatever league we're in..! That said, I have a boss who is a Wolves fan but generally knows the ins-and-outs of Arsenal more so than Wolves. Can't understand that to be honest, nothing against it - I just find it hard following one team! (Since I was young..)

That said, I do have a bit of a soft spot for Norwich actually. I wish them well. I couldn't cheer them on though, I'd find it hard to get behind any other team than Charlton to be quite honest.
  • Options
    Route for? Is that a motorway?
  • Options
    I apologise, Root*
  • Options
    ill watch all the games - all we get over here is prem and champions league. Only support Charlton tho.
  • Options
    None that I would support but there are obviously those I enjoy watching more than others - Swansea, Manchester City and Everton.
  • Options
    I support Charlton Athletic... no one else
  • Options
    Crystal Palace

I'm supporting their relegation next season with the lowest points total ever.
  • Options
    Pretty much any team that has players in my fantasy team...
  • Options
    Pretty much gave up watching the prem about 3 years ago. Have MOTD on series link, but end up deleting them and only watching 3-4 a season..............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've always quite liked Arsenal and Spurs even though supporters of each club would find this abhorrent.
  • Options
    Would be spurs purely on the fact that i cannot stand arsenal football club at times i think i hate them more than millwall or palace, its mainly there fans there so bitter its unreal. every season they celebrate under achieving. yes i am adrian durham in disguise
  • Options
    Think most Charlton have a soft spot for the Mackens after 1998.
  • Options
    Any underdog team other than Palace. Fulham if pushed I guess.
  • Options
    Aston Villa
  • Options
    I have a soft spot for Swansea as I went to the playoff final against Reading, and they some very likeable/good players and manager and play exciting football.

Don't mind Sunderland either.

Hate Arsenal, Chelsea and of course that two-bob team from Croydon.
  • Options
    Not remotely interested in the Prem especially this year with ahem wotsanames in it.
  • Options
    Bluebirds
  • Options
    I get that over here a lot as well:
    `Who do you support?
    Charlton Athletic
    Who?
    Charlton Athletic
    Not Chelsea or Arsenal?
    No, now fudge off and leave me alone!

A lot of the French I work with all seem to support Arsenal, although no-one can name anyone in the team except Wenger.
  • Options
    Arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like Spurs other than Defoe/Adebayor. Swansea becoming likeable too recently.
  • Options
    Soft spot for Everton. 'Proper' club with genuine fans and a traditional ground with good atmosphere. Not backed with £millions and always had a likelable manager.

• Options
    Charlton and only Charlton. How can someone support us AND a premiership team ?
  • Options

Totally agree. If I'm watching a game on tv I'll want someone to win more but that's as far as it goes

• Options
    If I had to say one it would be Liverpool as I enjoyed the football they played in the 80s. Saying that probably watched match of the day three times last year so couldn't really care about any of them.
    Hate Chelsea as most of my mates support them and spurs. obviously that mob with the shit ground and strange supporters.
  • Options
    Man united
  • Options
    I don't "support" anyone else but I like Arsenal and Everton.
  • Options
    I know it's not a popular one but Chelsea for me. My mum is a fan and has been since the 1960s when they had Peter Osgood who was her first favourite player. Since then she's seen them relegated twice and near the brink financially. I grew up watching the exploits of a team containing Franco Zola, Roberto Di Matteo, Luca Vialli, Mark Hughes, Tore Andre Flo, Marcel Desailly and Dan Petrescu. As a result I've never been able to buy into the hatred of Abramovich and his money revolution. It's a decent club with good history, I remember some brilliant cup runs in Europe and FA Cup wins that left my house happy, and I've never thought it was fair that people claim they're a soulless club essentially created in 2003. Watch that Di Matteo goal against Middlesbrough or Chelsea's last gasp win against Vicenza, or the Cup Winner's Cup win against Stuttgart. I understand why people don't like them but I always want them to do well.

Plus sometimes it's nice backing a team that actually does well in cups.
  • Options
    I don't "support" anyone else but I like Swansea and Fulham (always saw them as a west London version of us). Always intersted to watch sides that have ex-CAFC players.
  • Options

Because its not a crime :)

I supported Arsenal before Charlton, due to dad so i have a soft spot and would say i follow them aswell. Obviously Charlton all day when they play though