Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Athletics Champs 2013

Not interested in any doping chat, any athletics fans on here ?

Expecting a disappointing champ from a British perspective. Shame in commentary terms the excellence of Cram is paired with the uselessness of Foster.

Osagie and Runner go in their 800 heats in next 15 mins.

Comments

• Options
    SAt down to watch but had to defer to a bubble guppies marathon, sigh.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What channel is it on, and what time does it start?

I love athletics.....
  • Options
    I had no idea, but looks like there's athletics on Eurosport at the mo.
  • Options
    BBC1 & 2 , guys. Morning session already covered and attended by one man & his dog ...

Mo Farah due to run during half time at The Valley so we'll be able to watch it on the Big Screen.

Steve Lewis failed to qualify at his opening height in the pole vault .

Final event tonight will be heats of the Men's 100m inc Mr Bolt.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    James Dasaolu in the 100m has a chance of a medal.
  • Options
    Uk athletics have pretty much admitted they expect little from the championships past farah. Perhaps that takes pressure of some and they more over perform. Think ohurogu (a name i spell incorrectly in a different way every time i type it) has a good chance though. The 100m guy, dasaolu will be in with a chance if he stays fit through multiple rounds.

Just hope some spectators turn up for the later session.
  • Options

James Dasaolu in the 100m has a chance of a medal.

If he can get through 3 rounds fit.

Think Farah will get our only golds.

Shakes-Dreyton might get a bronze in the 400m hurdles and Ohurugou always seem to perform at the big events.

• Options

Mo Farah due to run during half time at The Valley so we'll be able to watch it on the Big Screen.

I know he is quick, but I don't expect him to knock a good 10 mins off the 10,000m world record !
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Mo ..
  • Options
    Ohurugou always seem to perform at the big events.

Funny that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    an oxymoron .... Mo .. the human machine .. what a runner this man is
  • Options

I know he is quick, but I don't expect him to knock a good 10 mins off the 10,000m world record !
    Doh ! Tongue in cheek, AFKA !

As if the Club would sully half time showing something slightly more exciting than what was on the pitch !

• Options
    Bolt is the man! 9.77 in the pouring rain!
  • Options
    Ohuruogu gets gold by a head - literally!
  • Options
    That was an unbelievable finish...!
  • Options
    Unbelievable. Seen it three times and still don't think she won !
  • Options

Definitely think she won from the first replay where she dips her head and second place seems to lift off - Think her coach will be pushing the point home that you always dip when you get to the line regardless
  • Options
    Awful race from Shakes-Drayton
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Awful race from Shakes-Drayton

Hitting the 3rd hurdle hardly helped..typically British!

I think that Ukraine guy will get the high jump WR at some point.
  • Options

Bigger tits
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kigelia said:

Uk athletics have pretty much admitted they expect little from the championships past farah. Perhaps that takes pressure of some and they more over perform. Think ohurogu (a name i spell incorrectly in a different way every time i type it) has a good chance though. The 100m guy, dasaolu will be in with a chance if he stays fit through multiple rounds.

Just hope some spectators turn up for the later session.

Yep poor showing on the spectator side, not sure what the problem is, cost, lack of interest or what.

Hannah England just ran a good race. Looking forward to the Commonwealths.

• Options
    Adam Gemili 19.98 in his winning 200m semi final. Only 19 years old.
  • Options
    only second sub 20 british time ever
  • Options
    Fantastic run by Gemili. He's really starting to look like he could be a challenger for medals in the future, especially now with Gay and Powell out of the sport as well. No Blake or Young at this Champs either so after Bolt and Weir, that bronze could be up for grabs with a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Brilliant run from Gemili! His first year concentrating on 200m and he goes sub 20 seconds, also a brilliant interview afterwards and he seems like a very likeable chap
  • Options
    Sign him up!
  • Options

Brilliant run from Gemili! His first year concentrating on 200m and he goes sub 20 seconds, also a brilliant interview afterwards and he seems like a very likeable chap

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Dartford Grammar School boy of course
  • Options
    Just about to put a "Congrats" card through his family's door down the road.

What a fantastic young man and Dartford Grammar School for Boys will be rightly proud of him .

Hoping we'll get a chance to see the final at 5pm tomorrow evening from "our" house in France .

Come on Adam !!!!
  • Options
    Number 15 fanny
  • Options
    Come on Mo -make it another double