Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4th Ashes Test

Looks like Bird may be playing, possibly replacing Harris with his injury fears.

Comments

• Options
    Bird is quality. There is talk of Onions playing, though not sure who in place of
  • Options
    CHG said:

Looks like Bird may be playing, possibly replacing Harris with his injury fears.

a place for ol' Dickie .. He's gotta be 80 at least .. the Oz have got that desperate have they
  • Options
    Bird for Starc are the rumours.
  • Options
    Onions for Jimmy is another rumour.
  • Options
    Tremlett and Onions warming up, no Anderson out there.

just heard - England unchanged...
  • Options
    Toss won, batting, England unchanged.
  • Options
    England won toss, England Batting
  • Options
    I thought Bird looked good when I saw him bowl at Hove a couple of weeks ago. He looked better than Starc, to be honest. On that same day, Messrs Agar and Lyon went for about 6 per over until the tail came in.
  • Options
    England just don't want to play Onions. I like playing our best team at all time... but there is some sense in rotation. Despite us having retained the ashes, this is a big game.
  • Options
    Starc does create a lot of rough for Swann to bowl into - but he bowls a line that most batsmen don't see all that often and he can bat a bit as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm afraid the England team is getting a little cliquey, much like it was in the 80's. Ok we have had some success and were briefly No.1 but in no way have we got anywhere near the great WI side from late 70's to early 90's nor the Oz team that succeeded them.
    We have some good players who are simply not getting a look in and I'd like to see some of our other bowlers get a chance rather than having to wait for an injury.
  • Options
    Root c Haddin b Watson 16

34-1
  • Options
    Imagine if they'd ditched hotspot before this test. There'd have been Aussie uproar.
  • Options
    57/1 at lunch, slow going, but the bowling has been tight.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    107-2

Trott c Khawaja b Lyon 49
  • Options
    Jug avoidance by Trott!
  • Options
    Pietersen c Haddin B Lyon 26

149-3
  • Options
    Hoping captain Cook can push on through to a century here.
  • Options

You really shouldn't have said that.

I'll give him another 5 mins. :-(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    FFS I'm not going to comment on this thread again while we're batting. I'm a curse.

Cook lbw 51 153-4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Callum the albatross....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Callum - 5 mins :-(
  • Options

Jonah
  • Options

You really shouldn't have said that.

I'll give him another 5 mins. :-(
    Damn you Callum #shakesfist

;)

• Options
    Blimey - I need this match to last to the fourth day - it might not at this rate!
  • Options
    Bell gone too :(
  • Options
    189-6 Prior gone
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    193-7

Bairstow lbw Lyon 14
  • Options
    I'm now looking forward to tomorrow's game to take my mind of the cricket...
  • Options
    England are their own worst enemies here. The ridiculously slow run rate is creating pressure that simply isn't there.

Interesting stat from Strauss. No team has scored over 250 in their fist innings at Durham all season.