Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PNE v Blackpool pitch invasion

Nothing major late winner for PNE and a few of their fans went down to goad the Blackpool fans and then stewards slowly started pushing them back and then old bill on horses arrived and one just went straight over a steward , hope he's ok , didn't look pretty

Apparently ok

Comments

• Options
    Not what football needed is it - more negative headlines now.
  • Options
    The police horse only went over the steward because the steward had been wrestled to the floor by an idiot who shouldn't have been on the pitch. It is only a matter of time before someone is badly hurt during a pitch invasion.
  • Options
    no need for the horses tbh
  • Options
    Apparently the steward lost a tooth. Not a great way to earn £7/hour.
  • Options

no need for the fans to go on the pitch either?

• Options
    I meant they should've had more stewards

no no need to be on the pitch in a game although a local derby means relatively little

but the horses were ott
  • Options
    The horses wouldn't have been required if those idiots hadn't gone onto the pitch. It's only the beginning of the season and pitch invasions have started already.

I assume that most of those who think it is okay to invade the pitch are too young to remember what it was like to have steel fences prior to the Hillsborough tragedy.
  • Options

The horses wouldn't have been required if those idiots hadn't gone onto the pitch. It's only the beginning of the season and pitch invasions have started already.

I assume that most of those who think it is okay to invade the pitch are too young to remember what it was like to have steel fences prior to the Hillsborough tragedy.

Hear hear

• Options
  • Options
    Just a bit of harmless fun............. Tick tick tick tick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apparently the steward lost a tooth. Not a great way to earn £7/hour.

One of the preton players lost a tooth celebrating the goal and found it a few mins later

Good blackpool turnout 4k or so
  • Options

The police horse only went over the steward because the steward had been wrestled to the floor by an idiot who shouldn't have been on the pitch. It is only a matter of time before someone is badly hurt during a pitch invasion.

So predictable.
  • Options
    I always think if I were a steward I'd just let them run on the pitch and get on with it. No way I'm risking my health and wellbeing for some drunken idiot.
  • Options
    Big game in those parts. Surprised it was an evening kick-off.
  • Options

Big game in those parts. Surprised it was an evening kick-off.

Yeah league cup games are often played in the daytime......

• Options
    Oh yeah - doh!! Thought it was a league fixture for some silly reason.
  • Options
    Nowhere near enough stewards for what is a local derby.
  • Options
    JT said:

you never fail my man

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I hope that muppet who pushed the steward gets nicked. He knew full well what he was doing if you watch the footage.

He seems to run towards the steward, who looks to walk towards him - and then just shrugs the steward off; pushing him in to one horse which knocks him under the second horse. It even appears as though he then gets his phone out! It looks as though he's either taking photos or recording it as he steps backwards towards the edge of the penalty area.

Paul Ince seems livid in his post-match interview (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23583380) - especially with regards to the player safety aspect.
  • Options

Hear hear

Really. - What is the relevance?

I seriously don't know why you bother going to football - you seem to hate everything a match day entails - specially a local derby.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:

Hear hear

I seriously don't know why you bother going to football - you seem to hate everything a match day entails - specially a local derby.

Meant for me14 that
  • Options

Completely agree. Pathetic really, they prevent absolutely nothing. Who remembers the six horses at Millwall away? Bizarre and pointless.
  • Options
    Should just warn the pitch invaders that 50 Alsatians will be released if they don't leave the pitch within 5 minutes.
    Now that would/should do the job. Simples!
  • Options
    Don't mind pitch invasions but thought that one was purely provocative and not celebratory. Reading through this thread there are some right dare devils on this forum
  • Options
    I hear he's in a stable condition
  • Options
    Boom said:

Boom said:

Hear hear

Meant for me14 that
    I go to football to WATCH a match. As you don't seem to understand the rules - it is ILLEGAL to run on the pitch. I don't see how anyone can condone it. The steward could have been badly hurt and was very lucky that he wasn't. What will it take to stop these idiots who run onto a pitch, someone dying?
  • Options

Oh yeah - doh!! Thought it was a league fixture for some silly reason.

It will be next season unless PNE go up.
  • Options
    If its for a good reason then i think a pitch invasion is fine for example cardiff last season or us at carlisle but not for a cup win over rivals there is no need.
  • Options
    Does it cost more for the police to provide horses?

If it does then the money would be better spent hiring more stewards.

Them horses do absolutely f**k all but crap everywhere
  • Options

Does it cost more for the police to provide horses?

If it does then the money would be better spent hiring more stewards.

Them horses do absolutely f**k all but crap everywhere

Shouldn't think the Groundsman would have been to Happy with the hoof marks either.