Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eddie offered me a lift home from London once - years after I stopped using lewis coaches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I went that year Ket's best holiday ever.Where did u use to go?

Es Paradis -They had decent nights there then unlike now which are Garage shite
    Bora Bora - Dancing on the Beach & cheering when a new flight arrived overhead
    Amnesia - Think the Cream nights were just stating to kick in around then
    Space - When they had the Terrace which is now sadly gone :-(
  • Options
    His name was Edgar, he had an account at Barclays where I worked, next to Lewis' . He didn't like the name Edgar and dared me to tell anyone....
  • Options
    "He didn't like the name Edgar and dared me to tell anyone.... "

I wish I had known that at the time :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]99/00 For Music & Ibiza at it's peak numbers wise. Also was at the top of my Clubbing powers going all over the country in search of the next great night out.

started getting abit too 'ibiza uncovered' around that time..
    so so different from 3/4 years previously...

If you liked your Trance though 1999 was the year to be in Ibiza Fella.

Gotta agree 99.

Great music, was seeing this stunning Spanish bird from May through till Oct, apart from on holiday when I had a "romance" with a fitness instructor from Huddersfield.... Aahh Good memories!
  • Options

what more can I say :)
  • Options
    Too many good years...all of being away at college was great (89 - 93) for all the reasons listed above (altho particular highlights were seeing Blur on their first two UK tours and a road trip - me driving - to penrith after a slightly *ahem* altered state viewing of Withnail and I...coming too on a mountainside in the freezing cold is not recommended)...loved 93-94 as was travelling on my own around the world..too many good experiences to write about...married 1999 (not such a good year) and then CC jnr born in 2004, which put everything in perspective
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Lewis coaches!Lovely days

My Dad was a Lewis Coach driver, I remember him doing some footie games but he always used to have to leave early to get the coach ready for the way home. He didn't (and still doesn't) like people drinking on the coach as they always made far too much noise and mess LOL I have been on many a freebie trip to France with him driving. He's now pootling around the IOW with the occasional trip off the island to take holidaymakers home again.
  • Options
    1979 for me. The Jam, The Who, Madness, Specials, Merton parkas, Secret Affair, The Chords. Every weekend we were away somewhere up to no good on our scooters and watching above bands. Margate, Brighton, Leysdown, Canterbury, Hastings. Sleeping rough, bloody scooters were always breaking down.

When we were Kings........ (I'm 4th from left)
  • Options
    1985 was good end of O Levels met the wife to be; spent the summer drunk/stoned in the pleasaunce.

1992/3 last two years at Uni

2001 Birth of son

Worst year 2003 - best friend killed himself.

2006 was running it a pretty close second but the first 3 months were OK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great pic stoney !
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    btw that Cafe was a 24 hour gaff. We spent many a night 'chatting' in there until dawn.
  • Options
    It is a good pic, where was it?
  • Options
    The Broadway, Maidstone. Just by the old bridge (if you know Maidstone) Been pulled down a long time now though.
  • Options
    It's an important piece of social history - a photo like that.

I've been to Maidstone recently (last couple of years) but not that long ago. A colleague runs the parking enforcement in said town.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]actually, changed my mind

1987!!!!

:-D

Did you know that God was a woman? Until she changed her mind!.....:-)

1984 - I got married
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I went that year Ket's best holiday ever.Where did u use to go?[/quote]

Es Paradis -They had decent nights there then unlike now which are Garage shite
    Bora Bora - Dancing on the Beach & cheering when a new flight arrived overhead
    Amnesia - Think the Cream nights were just stating to kick in around then
    Space - When they had the Terrace which is now sadly gone :-([/quote]

Went Es Paradis that year also used to start evenings out in Sargeant Peppers that year.They had a crackin DJ that year and went to a few of his gigs in the UK when he came back in the winter.