Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Here is how I see our situation.

Regarding the owners, we have two people who we think came in with a financial backer, with a plan to take us back to the Premiership, and possibly take a nice little profit. The finance now seems to have disappeared, and TJ and MS have done a decent job of keeping us afloat. They are not Charlton supporters as we have previously experienced, and there is an indication that they are now looking for a nice Arab, American or Russian person to take us off their hands. Good luck to them, but we can forget them for the moment with just days before the season starts.

What are we left with ? A good Stadium, a decent support around 18K, and a young manager that we all love who has the potential to become an excellent manager. Now, like the rest of us, CP has strengths and weaknesses. For me, one strength has been his ability to bond a squad with good spirit on the pitch and off, a squad who finished last season well. One weakness for me is that he is overly reluctant to use the young players, and please stop calling them kids. So what can we all do ? Well first of all we can turn up in numbers with a good positive attitude, and a determination to give loud support to the team with the only proviso being that we expect to see that the team want it as badly as we do. There are bound to be youngsters involved who we need to encourage and show patience to. With the squad that we have, I see no reason why we should not have success on the field, and plenty to enjoy. Make a noise people and discourage negativity, our history is something to be proud of. Get your kit on you red red robin, I'm ready to sing !

Comments

• Hear, Hear....
  • Well said Granpa
  • I'm with you Gramps.
  • agree with you Granpa apart from one thing - CP is already an excellent manager.
  • Thank God a sensible post, amongst the Doom n Gloom in this forum. Well said Granpa COYR
    Oh and any Doom n Gloom mongers reading this thread... Unless you can be positive in your comments, JOG ON ;)
  • I thinkwe will be fine this season would be nice to see some fresh faces that can add to the squad but if the younger players are truly good enough then they are old enough. Looking forward to seeing them.
  • im goin for promotion, i predicted charlton went up with 100 points in league one and that we finish upper mid table last season, so trust me i look at things with logic
  • the main reason people dont score goals is due to no creativity. and it is scientifically theorised, yes theorised not proven, nothing is absolute proven, that creativity comes from learning basics and doing basic tasks first. so basically if our players have trained hard then we will get into positions to score and the goals will take care of themselves.
  • " Grandpa we love you , Grandpa we do..."
  • Sponsored links:

• What I said on another thread......if the youngsters come in and do well 'he should have played em sooner and shown more faith' or if they're not up to scratch at first "they've been thrown in to early and that could hinder their progress" ... SCP can't win with you throw em in mob ....
    SCP is our greatest hope and long may he reign over us
  • the main reason people dont score goals is due to no creativity. and it is scientifically theorised, yes theorised not proven, nothing is absolute proven, that creativity comes from learning basics and doing basic tasks first. so basically if our players have trained hard then we will get into positions to score and the goals will take care of themselves.

I presume you're aged between 15 & 21 ?

So if you train hard, you will score lots of goals ?

So if Welling train harder than Man U, they will score more goals & beat them.

Blimey, have you told Chris Powell ?
  • edited July 2013
    What if all the teams have trained equally hard does that mean every game ends up a 10-10 draw?

Just theorisisising.
  • I didn't't train hard and ended up a dissatisfied forty year old, whose body aches and soul is tortured on a bed of broken dreams. Let that be a lesson to you all.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS!!!

Bit of a condescending post CE

I get what he's saying. Train hard technically. The quality is already there, these are champ players. Results can be ground out if you work hard physically and do the right basic things with the ball.
  • Apologies, just thought it sounded rather naive.
  • Well said Gramps, COYR!!!!!

Oh and 3 points please at B Mouth.
  • Don't really get those who say Powell doesn't play the youngsters. He brought Jenkinson into the team, made Solly a regular, gave Harriott his debut then made him a regular too. Then this season it seems cousins and piggott at least will be around the first team squad. Think that's pretty good in 2 1/2 seasons.
  • I think Powell's apparent reluctance to play the youth team graduates is borne out of a desire not to see their confidence crushed. Anyone remember when Waggy first got in the side, made a horrific ricket against some team or other in the cup then got slated for it? Shattered his confidence for a while, and took him a fair few games to get going again. And Waggy never really struck me as a player short of confidence.

Some of the youngsters will need protecting through their step up to the first team - it may be that Powell wants to protect them from over-expectation.

People of all ages say dumb stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hooray. If I train harder than Rooney et al I can still be a professional footballer; at age of 64. I knew my career advice teacher was wrong when he persuaded me to select a career in chemistry. Now I have a bone to pick with him. I wonder if he is still alive.
  • Yes he is still alive, playing for Inter Milan !
  • I used to work for an Italian company in Milan. I can say with definite conviction. No, non abita oppure lavora in Milano.
  • edited August 2013
    Good post , but they av kept us afloat to line their own pockets .
  • That just inspired me . Bring on the Bournemouth!!!