Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will everyone please stop panicking?!

What are we really worried about?

Sure we have let go of a lot of players, but the CORE of our team remains i.e Hamer, Morrison, Solly, Jackson, Yann.

Players can be brought in on loan throughout the season. Players like Haynes, Button, BWP can be easily replaced with like for like.

Chill

Comments

• You do realise we aren't competing in a five-a-side league ?
  • oh aren't we?? SHIIIIIT I didn't realise time to start crying!!!!!!! ......
  • Would be a pretty good 5-a-side Championship team though :)
  • Here, here!

Some people on this forum are very damning of our (extremely successful) academy, and the players in.

Also, if we spend money that we don't have on players, and break the rules regarding FFP, how will they feel if we get penalised with a points deduction?
  • I'm with you RedIsTheColour
  • i'm not panicking until Yann gets injured
  • What will be will be and the cycle of life will continue to turn.
  • Here, here!

Some people on this forum are very damning of our (extremely successful) academy, and the players in.

Also, if we spend money that we don't have on players, and break the rules regarding FFP, how will they feel if we get penalised with a points deduction?

I'd be quite surprised since that's not a sanction which can be imposed under the Football League's FFP rules.
  • But we've sold our reserve Goalkeeper and lost some friendlies!
  • Some people on this forum are very damning of our (extremely successful) academy, and the players in.

Really?
  • Sponsored links:

• thanks.

prior to reading this, I had spent the last 20 minutes running round in circles around my living room with 2 pencils up my nostrils and a pair of pants on my head shouting "PANIC, PANIC, PANIC", not helped by Button being sold.

but now i'm ok and pwopa chilled.
  • Here, here!

I know very little about the impending ffp rules. but surely we are able to spend & pay more than the likes of Millwall, Doncaster and Blackpool considering our bigger gates hence greater revenue

• Would be a pretty good 5-a-side Championship team though :)

hahahahhaa
  • Here, here!

I know very little about the impending ffp rules. but surely we are able to spend & pay more than the likes of Millwall, Doncaster and Blackpool considering our bigger gates hence greater revenue

The FFP rules are not based on revenue, they set out the maximum loss a club can make. So we may have greater revenue than Millwall, Doncaster & Blackpool but it will also cost a shed load more to maintain The Valley than the Keepmoat Stadium. So Doncaster could easily be able to afford higher wages for players than we can.
  • All the people slating the owners is getting on my t*ts as well. I'm sure they're a bit dodgy, they all are, but they weren't the ones who got us in to this mess in the first place by giving dowie the millions he wasted.

Since their arrival, we've appointed a club hero as manager (albeit at Parkinson's expense) and had a superb title winning season in league 1 followed by another good finish in the Championship.

Fair enough they may not be splashing the cash, but who says they need to? We will, obviously, sign a couple of strikers and have a squad capable of competing in this division again.

Some people on here need to take the personal issues with the club elsewhere. Don't mix business and pleasure.
  • Are you wearing a blindfold MLS
  • Well done RITC! Most posters on here make u miserable
  • Not at all.

I don't understand why selling Button is such a big deal? Reserve keepers aren't hard to come by and we have a highly thought of lad in Pope.

They must have plans to sign a striker or two.

Why would these men want the club to go down the pan?
  • Ricardo Fuller will sign by the weekend , and panic will be shelved, temporarily......
  • Were gonna win the League. Fact!
  • Sponsored links:

Which year?

• ''I'VE FOUND SOME MAGIC BEANS!''

I do like your display picture @absurdistan ;)

Oh do get a room will ya.
  • ''I'VE FOUND SOME MAGIC BEANS!''

Careful AUN they can be lethal with vodka :0)
  • edited July 2013

Were gonna win the League. Fact!

It's a gif ( @AdTheAddicK

• RedChaser said:

''I'VE FOUND SOME MAGIC BEANS!''

Careful AUN they can be lethal with vodka :0)
    Haha you know me RC, as a great man once said 'a man's gotta know his limitations'. Though going by the mood on here I think I'm going to be flying with the Goose most matchdays this coming season. And not in a good way.

It's a gif ( @AdTheAddicK

Good old Lexi ayyyy
  • I'm not panicking at all. Infact, I'm pretty relaxed. I've no expectations of us to go up or down this season, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Our first team would give any side in the league a run of their money in a single match. The core of the team is still there - they have quality and they have commitment.

Yes, I know a lot of players' contracts are running out IN A YEAR'S TIME. Yes, the whole thing seems like a bit of a struggle off the pitch - that's what life is like in the Championship.

I would have bitten your hands off 2 years ago if offered the current scenario. I would like to think any Charlton supporter with an ounce of sense would.
  • I have'nt got an ounce of sense. Plus I'm not panicking, just nervous.