Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ebbsfleet United vs Charlton XI

Summer signing Richard Wood will be among the CAFC XI that takes on Ebbsfleet United at Stonebridge Road on Sunday (3pm).

Speaking after Saturday’s home pre-season friendly against Inverness Caledonian Thistle at The Valley, Addicks boss Chris Powell indicated that he was intending to send a strong squad to face the club’s non-League Kent neighbours.

Those players who didn’t start against the Scottish Premier League side are likely to do so at Stonebridge Road, so Wood, Leon Cort, Danny Hollands, Lawrie Wilson, Danny Green and Cedric Evina are all expected to be involved.

Ebbsfleet are this season managed by hugely popular former Charlton defender Steve Brown, with ex-Addicks joint boss and Valley legend Steve Gritt as his assistant.

Tickets are £5 adults, £3 concessions and free for U12s, and are available from Stonebridge Road on the day. 

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130728-ebbspreview-950047.aspx

Comments

• I don't think there are any trains to Northfleet today as there is engineering works,looks like a bus from Crayford/Slade Green/Barnhurst
  • Looking forward to this one. First charlton psf this year. 2nd fleet one after watching them beat thamesmead.

Brown have them playing attractive passing football compared to the long ball last year.
    Should be a good game.

Can park in ebbsfleet international if trains are a mess...
  • I'm gonna jump on the Rail Replacement bus service from Crayford. Should be a good game.
  • Didn't know Stevey Gritt was there with him. He should still be employed by us. A very knowledgable football man. Good luck to them.
  • just seen the teamsheet quite a strong lineup from us
  • Care to share?
  • Should imagine the team will be something like

Button

Cousins Wood Cort Evina

Wilson Hollands Hughes Green

Piggott Smith

complete guess
  • edited July 2013
    misinformed then
  • CAFC XI v EUFC: Pope, Wilson, Cort, Wood, Evina, Cousins, Hollands, Green, Cook, Church, McGurk
  • CAFC XI subs: Phillips, Osborne, Feeley, Fox, Poyet, Munns, Muldoon, Pigott, Lennon, Paxman
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting...no Hughes again
  • "Church, McGurk", got a ring to it......(!)
  • Daughter's birthday weekend I think. He was posting pictures from her party yesterday.
  • McGurk? Munns? Paxman? Anyone know?
  • Mcgurk is a forward released by Tranmere this summer
  • Evina starting his 2nd game in 24 hours.
  • Is it Munns from Spurs?
  • Oggy Red said:

Evina starting his 2nd game in 24 hours.

don't think he started yesterday mate
  • McGurk? Munns? Paxman? Anyone know?

That's Jeremy Paxman.

We're struggling for strikers, you know.
  • A few interesting things about McGurk.

"Birmingham boss Lee Clark has said he cannot sign Mark Little, Adam McGurk or Liam Davis because of financial reasons."

Also:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21195634?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Paxman was at Southend last year.

Munns has played a few games for the academy thus season. Looks a decent player, but makes Solly look like a giant! Believe he was on the Spuds books.
  • Mike said:

Oggy Red said:

Evina starting his 2nd game in 24 hours.

don't think he started yesterday mate
    Stand corrected, Mike. Thanks.

Of course Wiggins started and Evina replaced him during 2nd half.
  • Wiggins started yesterday
  • I like the look of Hollands and Cousins as the 2 CMs.

Lots of energy and quick feet from Cousins.
  • WSS said:

Daughter's birthday weekend I think. He was posting pictures from her party yesterday.

Lol a weekender ......

Good job she wasn't born during season time

One day is fair enough but two I think is pushing it !

I'm sure if it was Simon Francis or McOxo doing the same during their time here no one would bat an eye lid !

#doublestandards
  • WSS said:

Daughter's birthday weekend I think. He was posting pictures from her party yesterday.

He isn't playing because its his daughters birthday this weekend ? Or he isn't playing and it's his daughters birthday ?
  • edited July 2013
    @CAFCofficial: Church has a chance in the opening minute with a run into the box, but pokes the ball harmlessly into the 'keepers hands (OG) #cafc

@CAFCofficial: Point blank save! Green's long throw finds Church who's volley is saved brilliantly by Fleet 'keeper Edwards (OG) #cafc
  • Bet we sign Church and Mcgurk as 9 and 10.
  • Can OG change his mneumonic
  • @NewsShopperSprt: McGurk, 24, started out his career with Villa but has spent most of it with Tranmere and was released at the end of last season #cafc

@NewsShopperSprt: He has already been on trial at Birmingham this summer and scored in their pre-season 1-1 draw with Oxford #cafc

@NewsShopperSprt: However, Blues unable to offer him a deal due to finances according to their boss Lee Clark and now he is out to impress at #cafc