Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Can see him moving this summer. Newcastle maybe if Cisse moves on.
  • If we all pay and extra £10 when we walk through the turnstiles that should pay his wages?
  • We done a similar thing with Robbie Elliot and he moved to Newcastle, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, though I think he should join someone like Swansea or Everton
  • Dizzle said:

If we all pay and extra £10 when we walk through the turnstiles that should pay his wages?

Don't give the board ideas like that :-(

• He shouldn't settle for being a squad player at villa! Wasting his career.

Cardiff could do with a proven premier league goal scorer. Hopefully wont end up at palace although I can see that happen.
  • Was staggered that Villa managed to keep Benteke, I thought he'd be gone for sure.

Bent will end up at Newcastle as Ba's replacement.
  • Being as nomadic as he has been, perhaps the Sunderland connection might not be an issue. But then again it might. The other question is, why did he leave Sunderland? Did he not like it in the North East? Was it a London family thing? If so, will he value playing regularly up there over his family life? In a World Cup year, I'd say yes he would. So... erm... as you were.
  • 50/1 to join us on Skybet...
  • This is what CP is waiting for....the lack of signings makes sense now ;-)
    Would love him back.
  • I reckon he would be an ideal 'bargain' buy for Arsenal...amount of chances they create....he'd be a nailed on 20+ goals a season if he played regularly for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Being as nomadic as he has been, perhaps the Sunderland connection might not be an issue. But then again it might. The other question is, why did he leave Sunderland? Did he not like it in the North East? Was it a London family thing? If so, will he value playing regularly up there over his family life? In a World Cup year, I'd say yes he would. So... erm... as you were.

Someone else might confirm this - I recall that he left Sunderland under a cloud because he was banging Steve Bruce's (the manager's) daughter and Bruce took umbrage. But what does the daughter say about it all? I think we should be told.

• I hope he doesn't end up with Big Nose at Newcastle but it's probable that he will.
  • Never thought of it, but Arsenal isn't a bad fit. Would get fed lots of balls as well.
  • He had his best days with us
  • DanDavis said:

I reckon he would be an ideal 'bargain' buy for Arsenal...amount of chances they create....he'd be a nailed on 20+ goals a season if he played regularly for them.

True but ex spurs player and not that 'Huiguin' 'Suarez' which Arsenal fans are looking for, so very unlikely although i agree he would do a good job and challenge the top scorers if it was ever to happen

• His first touch is not good enough for Arsenal.
  • DanDavis said:

I reckon he would be an ideal 'bargain' buy for Arsenal...amount of chances they create....he'd be a nailed on 20+ goals a season if he played regularly for them.

Good call that, but he does have a 'bit' of an atitude...maybe not a Wenger player...but agree for 20+ goals a season who cares?...ask Arsne.
  • Gamble future for footballing success on overpaid, primadona and injury prone strikers?

Break the bank for darren bent bent bent scp 35 league goals championship title cup run England squad... only thing stopping that is money.

Lamberts a mug cause darren bent bent bent is a nice guy and too too good for villa- id take the charlton PL bent over villas bent eke all day long.

If I had to sigh higuain for 20 or arm biter hat tricks v norwich Luis I would not be make bids of 40.0000001M. Gooners getting played by investors methinks. They will sign feck all
  • Gamble future for footballing success on overpaid, primadona and injury prone strikers?

Break the bank for darren bent bent bent scp 35 league goals championship title cup run England squad... only thing stopping that is money.

Lamberts a mug cause darren bent bent bent is a nice guy and too too good for villa- id take the charlton PL bent over villas bent eke all day long.

If I had to sigh higuain for 20 or arm biter hat tricks v norwich Luis I would not be make bids of 40.0000001M. Gooners getting played by investors methinks. They will sign feck all

Had a good night mate?? :)
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Being as nomadic as he has been, perhaps the Sunderland connection might not be an issue. But then again it might. The other question is, why did he leave Sunderland? Did he not like it in the North East? Was it a London family thing? If so, will he value playing regularly up there over his family life? In a World Cup year, I'd say yes he would. So... erm... as you were.

Someone else might confirm this - I recall that he left Sunderland under a cloud because he was banging Steve Bruce's (the manager's) daughter and Bruce took umbrage. But what does the daughter say about it all? I think we should be told.

I think the difference between 50k and 80k a week might have had something to do with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• DanDavis said:

He's English so no chance of that.
  • Jayajosh said:

DanDavis said:

They have a few English players now right? Walcott, jenkinson, gibbs of the top of my head
  • DanDavis said:

Jayajosh said:

DanDavis said:

They have a few English players now right? Walcott, jenkinson, gibbs of the top of my head
    Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain