Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers at Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Options
    Girlfriend and her family are Wednesday fans (unfortunately), went to this with em last night. Unbelievable atmosphere, both ends joining in with singing the national anthem, 10 german bombers chants etc, never seen that respect between fans at a game before. Considering it was only a friendly, comfortably the best fans I've ever seen in person. Gutted for em they didn't get to see a goal.

Maghoma who we were rumoured to be trying to sign was in the squad, not a clue if he played as none of the Wendies had player names on the back of the shirts.
  • Options

Are they British first and Scottish second ?

What's the percentage of Union Jacks /scottish flags like for rangers

And do Celtic just have Irish flags any scottish or union jacks

Genuine questions cos I can't work them sweatys out

I consider myself English first British second

Am i patriotic , I have St Georges flags (courtesy of NSS) in the eighties /early nineties had the union jack

Great turn out as usual them rangers and celtic are different gravy but do they all live in sheffield/london/etc

Rangers are still the team with the biggest support base in Scotland. The English based support is a mixture of people who have moved from Scotland (or descendants of the same) and people who follow Rangers, for a variety of reasons, often (but not always) in addition to an English team. Due to economic reasons, it's not surprising that London has the largest contingent of English based Rangers fans, although like all great football teams they have representatives in the Steel City.
  • Options

Are they British first and Scottish second ?

What's the percentage of Union Jacks /scottish flags like for rangers

And do Celtic just have Irish flags any scottish or union jacks

Genuine questions cos I can't work them sweatys out

I consider myself English first British second

Am i patriotic , I have St Georges flags (courtesy of NSS) in the eighties /early nineties had the union jack

Great turn out as usual them rangers and celtic are different gravy but do they all live in sheffield/london/etc

Rangers are still the team with the biggest support base in Scotland. The English based support is a mixture of people who have moved from Scotland (or descendants of the same) and people who follow Rangers, for a variety of reasons, often (but not always) in addition to an English team. Due to economic reasons, it's not surprising that London has the largest contingent of English based Rangers fans, although like all great football teams they have representatives in the Steel City.
    I love that picture.

• Options
    That's the queens 11 at their finest there,
  • Options
    Which way will they vote in the independence referendum?
  • Options
    to the right
  • Options
    How do we progress this flag ?

If people have specific ideas of what is wanted and @northstandsteve can physically make it then I will happily coordinate the finances and money gathering.

I won't however be seeing it a lot this season so a volunteer needs to own its movements.

New thread ?
  • Options
    If you mean people making things up that they personally heard and supporters of the team being accused of singing offensive songs being ashamed of there fellow supporters then you're right ......................

Stop making up rumours.
  • Options

slightly different to the link title seeing as this is what the link says

One of the most distateful of allegations circulating post match was a number of Brentford supporters who contacted the Chronicle to claim they witnessed Celtic fans singing songs glorifying the IRA and the recent death of soldier Lee Rigby who was attacked outside barracks in Woolwich back in May.

One man claimed to have been 'sickened' by the songs his family had heard and said it was wrong for anyone to 'get away with it'.

These were given greater depth when people claiming to be Celtic fans wrote messages on Brentford forums saying they too had witnessed the incidents and were ashamed of their fellow supporters’ behaviour.

The Chronicle asked the police whether any complaints had been made regarding these allegations and if an investigation was taking place.

A spokesman confirmed no allegations of any offensive songs or chanting had been received and added if anyone knew of any specific incidents they should report them to police immediately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Shame Newco's patriotism didn't extend to paying tax into the British economy to support things like the army and NHS.

Put your bitterness aside for a second (referring to Rangers as "Newco" is embarrassing) I'm sure Rangers paid more tax than most of their counterparts in Scotland.

If you are referring to the EBT scheme then I assume you are either ignorant or suffering from severe amnesia - let me remind you ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20412919
    Referring to rangers in general is embarrassing tbh....
  • Options
    I find it highly unlikely that if such things were sung and people whether their Brentford or Celtic wereso disgusted that not one person reported it to the police, or in fact not one reporting officer heard such songs. So yeah I would imagine it's people starting rumours or posing as opposite fans much like the Sheffield Riot rumours.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This was about rangers and how good their support is. Lets keep it that way.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited July 2013
    That
  • Options
    PL54 said:

How do we progress this flag ?

If people have specific ideas of what is wanted and @northstandsteve can physically make it then I will happily coordinate the finances and money gathering.

I won't however be seeing it a lot this season so a volunteer needs to own its movements.

New thread ?

New thread.

I have no idea of what to do for the design other than a Union flag with his name on it, hopefully we've got some creative fans.
  • Options

This was about rangers and how good their support is. Lets keep it that way.

To be fair, if a thread appears gushing about how amazing Rangers fans are you have to expect that people who arent fans of Rangers (or just dont like them) might pipe up with a different view....
  • Options

I find it highly unlikely that if such things were sung and people whether their Brentford or Celtic wereso disgusted that not one person reported it to the police, or in fact not one reporting officer heard such songs. So yeah I would imagine it's people starting rumours or posing as opposite fans much like the Sheffield Riot rumours.

This
  • Options
    It's just a shame that no one from this board went to the Brentford game to give first hand accounts
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/56099/celtic-fans-at-brentford TelMc did mate. Anyway, that will be my last thing said on this thread, hope any future threads involving the other side of Glasgow doesn't get invaded.
  • Options
    Rangers quote;
    -------------------------------------
    Just wanted to come on here to thank the lot of you! my long journey started at 4am Wednesday morning, and spend all afternoon in the city and loved every minute of it every owl I saw spoke asking how we were etc: was fantastic!!

Atmosphere was unbelievable, the ground is perfect for a good atmosphere only downside....

A big F ing pole in my way of the other goal! missed your goal!

I think a part of our good behaviour etc was the police believe It or not, even if we get caught slurring a word up here we are in the back of a van, suppose that's part of salmonds plan to ruin our country and our game(if it isn't already)

anyway thank you all and it is now fair to say I am now an Owl!! wanted to buy the black top very nice! but our third kit came out today so kept my money!

oh and could someone tell me who your number 2 and the usain bolt up front was? ran the show along with that judas McCabe(kills me to say it)

thanks again!!
    --------------------------------------------------

Top fans them lot, if you have the pleasure of a friendly with these you'll not be disappointed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/56099/celtic-fans-at-brentford TelMc did mate. Anyway, that will be my last thing said on this thread, hope any future threads involving the other side of Glasgow doesn't get invaded.

OK just being hypothetical, if someone on CL started a thread on (heaven forbid) a good experience at Celtic Park watching a Celtic game, should that thread be protected from being "invaded" by CLers with rangers sympathies?
  • Options
    If you are referring to the EBT scheme then I assume you are either ignorant or suffering from severe amnesia - let me remind you ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20412919

HMRC has appealed the decision, but that has not yet reached the Upper Tribunal. The UT is not scheduled to deliver its verdict for sometime, possibly mid 2014 or later. Depending on what happens then there might be a further couple of appeals the last of which is the Supreme Court.

Anyone interested in the original FTT decision can read this, the summaries of the majority and dissenting opinions are at the end:

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/judgmentfiles/j6851/TC02372.pdf
  • Options
    So the Rangers fan quoted above praised the police and yet others slagged em ......
    All swings and roundabouts

As someone mentioned before Charlton fans singing racist songs abusing Lisbie doesn't make us all racist divs
    So a few celtic or rangers fans singing abusive songs doesn't make them all divs
  • Options
    Yes but some clubs have a higher percentage of divs than others.
  • Options

Yes but some clubs have a higher percentage of divs than others.

And we all know our neighbours from Zampa road trump everyone on that front

• Options
    Talking of Rangers on the other thread, first game of the season has just kicked off on channel 143 (BBC Alba) - only down side is the commentary's in gaelic !
  • Options
    Red Button ?
  • Options
    Nice one SE9 forgot all about that now got it on
  • Options

Red Button ?

No BBC Alba specifically only delivers programming in Gaelic, not even English subtitles.