Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricardo Fuller

Really don't get it. He wants to sign, he has stayed fit and he is a game changer. Why the .... have we not given him a year. He never let us down over last season. Don't give it the injury nonsense he played 31 games last year. Rant over.

Comments

• hope he signs, quality
  • I reckon it will happen but I can imagine the board leaving it as late as possible to avoid paying extra wages
  • Technically the best player last year
  • Im wondering whether we would be looking to re-sign Haynes as well at this stage had he not found a contract at Notts..
  • hes shit. 31 games and 5 goals. no where near as technically gifted as yann.
  • SuperYann said:

hes shit. 31 games and 5 goals. no where near as technically gifted as yann.

You didn't even write that with a French accent !

• edited July 2013
    eug72 said:

Really don't get it. He wants to sign, he has stayed fit and he is a game changer. Why the .... have we not given him a year. He never let us down over last season. Don't give it the injury nonsense he played 31 games last year. Rant over.

I've just rung Jimenez and he agrees with you. He said if you could set up a direct debit to Fuller's account for £12k per week, then he will sign him immediately.
    Plus, he presumes you can come across with the £10K signing on fee as well, by the end of the week. Thanks.
  • I have no doubt they would give him another year if he agreed to significantly reduce his wages.
  • Yeah I should think it's due to wages unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• £12k a week. I hope we don't have any other players on 5 figures per week.
  • jamescafc said:

£12k a week. I hope we don't have any other players on 5 figures per week.

Would be amazed if Yann isn't.

• edited July 2013
  • jamescafc said:

£12k a week. I hope we don't have any other players on 5 figures per week.

Would be amazed if Yann isn't.

The club accounts confirmed we spent something like £8m on wages in 2011/12. That doesn't work out to a squad of players all on £2-4k each a week. I'd also be surprised if that figure wasn't higher last season.
  • The problem with Fuller is, he is great in and around the box, but when it comes to finishing his chances he really lacks that compusre. Not sure he is worth the 12k a week.
  • razil said:

Dim recollection but think him and yann on same 12-15k a week

Really, Yann's on 15k a week? Bloody hell. That has surprised me a lot. Not saying he doesn't deserve it. But for some reason I thought Jacko was our top earner on around the 8k mark.
  • razil said:

Really, Yann's on 15k a week? Bloody hell. That has surprised me a lot. Not saying he doesn't deserve it. But for some reason I thought Jacko was our top earner on around the 8k mark.
    Some of these numbers bandied about on how much players are earning are complete bollocks.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks we are paying a bloke we picked up as a FREE AGENT and who was not even in the Leicester City squad nearly 800,000 per year then they have rocks firmly planted where their brains should be.
  • edited July 2013
    Come on Ormy "free agent" means they can get a bit trumpy on their salaries or take a biggish signing on fee
    And if celtic were looking to buy him ,I think they've sniffed twice since we signed him, his agent would know he's worth a few bob and I'm sure he wouldn't have beem on small wages at Leicester(to give them a ball park to start with) so he would be at the higher end imo
    And look at Scohams numbers so from league one , so possibilites that with promotion increases as well
    This was 2 seasons ago before purse strings were being tightened as well

• The problem with Fuller is, he is great in and around the box, but when it comes to finishing his chances he really lacks that compusre. Not sure he is worth the 12k a week. Quote

Didn't see him bang that one in top corner about 25 yards out at the valley no? Sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games
  • Don't think that is what he means. When I think composure, I would guess he is referring to the knack of finishing the one on ones and close in chances presented on a plate. Rather than the ability for the random act of sublime which I think we all agree he can provide.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013
    rumour is he got a payrise when celtic came in for him
  • razil said:

He got a payrise when Celtic came in for him, like I said cant recall if it was 12 or 15.

If Yann was on anything like that surely we would have sold him when Celtic came in for him ?
  • Don't think that is what he means. When I think composure, I would guess he is referring to the knack of finishing the one on ones and close in chances presented on a plate. Rather than the ability for the random act of sublime which I think we all agree he can provide.

I felt his finishing was fine, the problem was trying to do to much on his own and not really forging partnerships

• Agreed Shrew but we know he can do a job, can change a game and is better than just Yann!
  • se9addick said:

razil said:

He got a payrise when Celtic came in for him, like I said cant recall if it was 12 or 15.

If Yann was on anything like that surely we would have sold him when Celtic came in for him ?
    I don't suppose for one minute anyone on here knows what Yann is on.
    It's all guesses!
  • I know we are way, way, way down the list of monied clubs but, apart from a few exceptions (notably our Spanner wielding friends), there hasn't been a huge amount of movement - even from some clubs with an entire row of urinals, let alone a pot. I think with FFP there has been a great deal of brinkmanship and come Aug/Sept there are going to be a whole bunch of out of contract pros thinking "hang on, maybe I need a club more than the clubs need me" - after all it's not as if we've got NO players in the squad at all. I think us, and others, are going to wait until the wage demands drop. Not as if we've got any other choice....................
  • razil said:

Some of these numbers bandied about on how much players are earning are complete bollocks.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks we are paying a bloke we picked up as a FREE AGENT and who was not even in the Leicester City squad nearly 800,000 per year then they have rocks firmly planted where their brains should be.
    The accounts don'e lie.
  • The accounts do not specify how much goes on the first team squad let alone individual top earners. I have it on good authority that the savings are in the region of £1.5M, maybe even £2M with Fuller, BWP and others off the wage bill.

Fuller was on big money last season and clearly the board have decided to cut the wage bill. Will he come back on less money - who knows. But a striker needs to be signed IMHO. Is Yann on than £500-600K per annum? I doubt it but again who knows.
  • razil said:

The accounts don'e lie.
    So, it says in the accounts that Kermorgant is on 15k per week, does it? A player we signed in League One? Leave it out.

I would be gobsmacked if that were true, even in the Premier League we were paying TOPS of around 15,000 per week, maybe edging towards 20,000 towards that last season.

Don't forget that wages in th accounts refer to ALL wages at the club, not just first team players.
  • If we are paying Yann anything close to the amounts being bandied about then the owners are deservedly up the proverbial creek without a paddle.