Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Hollands or Dale Stephens

Who would you prefer to keep?

Comments

• Options
    Stephens if motivated
  • Options
    whoever is the cheapest to employ and sell the one who we can get the most
  • Options
    Stephens has more potential if used properly. Hollands I think peaked in League 1 although I do like him. If I had to keep one now it would be Stephens.
  • Options
    If Dale doesn't push on he will end up back in league one. Alternatively if he starts chipping in with goals and can get consistent he could find himself at a Norwich type club and forge a career similar to Snodgrass, Hoolahan etc
  • Options
    Dale
  • Options
    Hollands
  • Options
    Dale no contest could be a big player this season so much potential
  • Options
    I'm not sure how fit Hollands was last season given his foot injury.

If he is over that then I think I prefer him of the two.

Stephens, sadly, does not appear able to show his undoubted talent consistently enough.
  • Options
    Dale

whoever is the cheapest to employ and sell the one who we can get the most

If not, this.
  • Options

Dale no contest could be a big player this season so much potential

Been living off that for a while now!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Stephens isn't far off being a very good player - I also think that with a good pre-season Hollands has something to offer.
  • Options
    Danny Hollands all day
  • Options
    Get rid of both. Not shown can play in the championship and any money would be most welcome.
  • Options
    Good players can look poor in teams that are playing poorly. Most of Dale's game time last season happened when Charlton were playing poorly. Id like to see him have a run of games alongside Gower or Hughes, but you can't drop Jacko, Pritch or Harriot.
  • Options
    Andy Hughes.

Stephens if he can play to his full ability with effort to match. Hollands is better with an anchorman he is not a holding player himself.
  • Options
    Neither. Hollands not good enough. Stephens good enough if he tried but he is not interested since villas failed bid.
  • Options
    Hollands has scored tonight
  • Options
    A fit Danny Hollands
  • Options
    Neither, but as potentially Stephens would be worth more on the transfer market, I'd sell him and keep Hollands as a reserve/squad player
  • Options
    A fit and confident Danny Hollands playing in the right position is a far better choice for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hollands - i think stephens is better on his good day but in the position he is usually played in-deep mid- we have hughes, gower and now cousins, for our other centre mid, who last season would have been a box to box mid, we have jackson and pritchard, and one of them is usually needed down the wing, so hollands would be a better cover to have as he is best as a box to box mid in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think we saw with Stephens at the beginning of the L1 season what potential he has, its now a case of Powell finding a way to realise that potential or get rid.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wouldn't like to see either go as both have more to offer at this level IMHO however Swindon are rumoured to be keen to have Hollands back so maybe he was in the shop window tonight? Hope not because he said he was bitterly disappointed with his injury blighted season just gone and feels he has a point to prove!
  • Options
    Hollands. I don't think we saw the best of him last season and he's got the drive to do better. Dale looks like he doesn't want to be here anymore. I really thought Hollands would take to the Champ with no problem and it could still happen for him
  • Options
    neither. Having seen them both in a couple of pre-season games I would rather play Jordan Cousins. Stephens has gone downhill over the last 18 months and now plays a Ray Wilkins role of 10 yard sideways passes and doesn't get above 2nd gear. Hollands is marginally better but is afraid to shoot and can't pick out a pass to save his life.

Cousins looked head & shoulders above them tonight.
  • Options
    Stephens was a big part of the cause of our bad midfield performances at home last season, with sideways balls that put team-mates under pressure. He was dispossessed three times in the first 20 minutes in vital areas at AFC Wim last week, but looked stronger this evening against weaker opposition. Despite his goal today, Hollands looks no more than a very average Championship player. I suspect we need a tougher and more creative midfield than these two if we are to contend for the play-offs.
  • Options
    Neither?!

Hollands and jacko in same midfield will not work imo. Both have zero pace.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    cs1986 said:

Neither?!

Hollands and jacko in same midfield will not work imo. Both have zero pace.

Never said it would, what if Jacko's gets injured? In the current situation it's as much about numbers with experience not who the best combinations in midfield are! But then again a certain VF didn't overly rate Pritchard last season either :-0 Opinions, opinions.
  • Options
    Hollands
  • Options
    I am as bored and disinterested in Dale as he would appear to be with us. May have potential but does not have the inclination to use it or work sufficiently hard enough. May make it one day, may not but frankly I would be amazed if it was with us.

Hollands is the opposite, a real 100% player and team player just lacks a bit of quality and probably not top half of the Championship...then again I am not convinced we are as a team and if you need a battler at the wrong end of the table he will be a lot better at that than Dale.