Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

YANN 150/1 TOP SCORER

In championship betting Yann is 150/1 to be top championship scorer. He is ranked at 70th in the list of 85 forwards available to back. With Rhodes best at 8/1. If this truly reflects our forwards goal scoring capability, then it does not bode well !

Comments

• Options
    Tempted to have a couple of quid at those odds. Didn't do badly last year considering he missed a few games and he didn't take the penalties (which I guess he will this year)
  • Options
    Not sure how they worked that out! Joint 15th highest goal scorer in the league last season, along with Johnnie Jackson and a lot of others. Not prolific, but not bad.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic, serially underestimated and overlooked. I shall have a fiver on that at 150/1 in an act of solidarity.
  • Options
    What's e/w pay to? Top 4?
  • Options
    that price at Bet Victor and Ladbrokes a quarter the odds first four.
  • Options
    2/1 for a top half finish !
  • Options
    I wouldn't........Yann is a great player but he is not a great striker. He very rarely shoots and from what I've seen & read this pre-season he would be better off as a provider, maybe sitting a bit deeper or playing behind the main striker.

I doubt if he will get anymore than 12-15 goals. This is not a negative golfie post, just saying what we all know if you watch him week in,week out.
  • Options
    worth a punt at 150/1 though
  • Options
    Kermorgant will finish with 14 goals, Jackson with 11, Harriott with 6, and other strikers a total of 15 between them. The rest of the team will get a further 22 goals. 68 goals scored, 61 conceded, 11th in the table. Top scorer in the league will be a Watford player
  • Options
    There's a world of difference between the 150/1 odds on being top scorer and the fact that he's ranked 70th out of 85 forwards. I confidently predict that he will come in somewhere between 2nd and 69th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic player and I love him but this is the right price. He works too hard and is to unselfish to ever be a 25/30 goal a season player which is what you need at least to be stop scorer in this league. 12/15 goals an hat full of assists and hard work in every game is all ask from big Yann!
  • Options
    Mike said:

worth a punt at 150/1 though

Only if you want to lose money.
    As great as Yann is he is not a prolific striker. Those odds are about right.
  • Options
    Ridiculous odds seeing as he's 50/1 elsewhere but as others have already said he's not an out and out striker so doesn't really have much hope of winning.
  • Options
    Wasn't glenn Murray 125/1 last season?
  • Options
    I would be interested to see what Obika's odds are IF we sign him!
  • Options
    He's also not our regular penalty taker.
  • Options

He's also not our regular penalty taker.

I think he is now. Took over from Jackson after he missed 3 in a row last season. Scored against Bolton from the spot and Pompey in the friendly.
  • Options
    He also missed two months of last season. It's very unlikely he'll be top scorer and I think he'll end up on about 12 again but...

I am sure there was a season a year or two ago where the division's top scorer only got 20-odd. He could feasibly get that if he has another good season, remains fit and takes penalties. But ignoring all of those three points, the main thing is having good service. He didn't have a lot of that for much of last season... he creates a lot of his goals himself and can score almost any type of goal... with better service and more decent balls into the box...

At 150-1 got to be worth an each way bet.
  • Options

He also missed two months of last season. It's very unlikely he'll be top scorer and I think he'll end up on about 12 again but...

I am sure there was a season a year or two ago where the division's top scorer only got 20-odd. He could feasibly get that if he has another good season, remains fit and takes penalties. But ignoring all of those three points, the main thing is having good service. He didn't have a lot of that for much of last season... he creates a lot of his goals himself and can score almost any type of goal... with better service and more decent balls into the box...

At 150-1 got to be worth an each way bet.

Or just a place at £37.50. Don't think he will do it but that's overpriced.
    sam3110 said:

Kermorgant will finish with 14 goals, Jackson with 11, Harriott with 6, and other strikers a total of 15 between them. The rest of the team will get a further 22 goals. 68 goals scored, 61 conceded, 11th in the table. Top scorer in the league will be a Watford player

Only if they re-sign Vydra.
  • Options
    Skybet apparently offering 3/1 that Yann will be our top scorer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he is our new penalty taker then you can add another 3-4 goals on top of his usual tally. I think those are incredible odds.
  • Options

Skybet apparently offering 3/1 that Yann will be our top scorer

They obviously have inside info that we are signing Mario Gomez then