Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home supporters pubs

Hi all,
I'm an Australian based Charlton fan, heading over in October to among other things see some games at the Valley. Just wanted to know which pubs home fans drink in before the match at the Valley. Haven't been over in a few years, vaguely recall drinking in the Rose of Denmark pub before a Saturday match (it was against Everton and I'm fairly sure Andy Reid scored in a 1 all draw - thats how long its been). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    the royal oak, the bugle in charlton village
  • Options
    All except for the Antigallican (mainly for away fans).
  • Options
    The Victoria , the watermans arms , the horse n groom or the mitre
  • Options
    Shag said:

If you mean the Victoria on Woolwich Road, it's derelict. I suggest you try the Anchor & Hope, in A & H Lane. Out of station, down hill, cross main road and straight on; about seven minutes. Bang on the river - sit on the trerrace for the view. The Swan, in Charlton Village, has reopened.

• Options

Shag said:

If you mean the Victoria on Woolwich Road, it's derelict. I suggest you try the Anchor & Hope, in A & H Lane. Out of station, down hill, cross main road and straight on; about seven minutes. Bang on the river - sit on the trerrace for the view. The Swan, in Charlton Village, has reopened.

Cheers Trigger.
  • Options
    Apparently there are new landlords in The White Swan and it's unrecognisable at the moment.
  • Options
    The Bugle
  • Options
    MLS said:

Apparently there are new landlords in The White Swan and it's unrecognisable at the moment.

Passed it earlier - same as it was, just a new manager.....

• Options

MLS said:

Passed it earlier - same as it was, just a new manager.....

Fair enough.

I'd heard they'd taken the tv's, pool table, the garden furniture and even the optics!
  • Options
    The Pickwick