Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kids school holidays and heat wave thread for ideas on how to keep kids happy

2»

Comments

• Options
    lots of water & ice cream
  • Options
    Not much of a heatwave here today - at work all week when it's hot and now the weekend is here, it is cloudy and cool. Hope tomorrow will be better.
  • Options
    Well I cursed that. Every time I've been down in the summer to use the pool the weathers been crap!
  • Options
    Our youngest loves it when we do science projects. Making rockets out of soda syphon capsules was a favourite.

http://www.photoblog.com/Jarvo/2011/06/04/rocketeer.html
  • Options
    back up tp 35 degrees Monday they said on sky
  • Options

back up tp 35 degrees Monday they said on sky

Just in time for work. Mint.
  • Options
    scooter boy here don't have that worry pool all day scooter all night
  • Options
    Pool is up and working and getting used.
  • Options
    Water temperature is now a very comfortable 30 degrees.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Looks superb, Del.

Might have to think about looking for one ....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got gift voucher for Godstone Farm in surrey if anyone wants it.
    It's a ONE FAMILY TICKET (2 adults + 2 children)
    expiry date 30/11/13

We won it in a raffle and it's not really our thing.
  • Options
    Well as soon as I left Horton Kirby the sun came out! Always happens.

But as my Facebook friends on here will know on the way home saw a police car on A20 stopped in fast lane as They had only pulled an OAP over because he was in his mobility scooter!! God knows if he was confused or what.
  • Options
    Any pics ?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Well as soon as I left Horton Kirby the sun came out! Always happens.

But as my Facebook friends on here will know on the way home saw a police car on A20 stopped in fast lane as They had only pulled an OAP over because he was in his mobility scooter!! God knows if he was confused or what.

Why? Was he going in the wrong direction? ; )
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Didn't realise you had a pool mate, how far are you away from first avenue are you again :)

• Options
    get em out cleaning the motor
  • Options
    certainly need the pool today wow its a scorcher
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Del that looks quality.

Nothing used to beat a slip and slide in the summer. Bit of plastic tarpaulin, some water and fairy liquid and old pillows at the end so you didnt break ya neck.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    just got my kids out of ours been in it since 9 only stopping to get a bit of lunch and putting on the sun block every hr or so

think I have convinced the mrs to invest in a 18ft by 9 ft , 4.5 ft deep rectangle one for next yr bet it rains all summer now for next yr but hey ho it will be there waiting for the sun
  • Options
    Just got in from work 14hr day on the heat press 210c fuckin shattered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you are going to buy a pool I think it is worth the extra cost to get a decent pool heater so it can be used regardless of the weather.
    Nicholas: I am close to the Town Park off School Lane. You will probably hear the sound of kids splashing about from a long way off.
  • Options
    2 minutes away then Del. You can probably hear my 2 year olds cries when I get his little paddling pool out.
  • Options
    Hello neighbour!