Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oi henry...how about a couple of stalls selling noodles

and other chinese food at the back of the west stand on match days to go with the fish and chip van ?

Comments

• Options
    If only we had someone on this site that worked for a noddle restaurant chain ;-)
  • Options
    I DO hope you're not taking the pith! ;o)

Seriously though, if this was done properly, I'm sure it would be a popular (and slightly more healthy) alternative.
  • Options
    Nandos now have a mobile van... get them down there...
  • Options
    If there is a supplier then they just need to speak to Charlton and see what can be done.

I'd much prefer a Chicken & peppers in black bean sauce and rice to a burger or a prawn sarnie.
  • Options
    god so would i.
    nandos or noodles... anything other than a fat grease burger.
  • Options
    wahts the national dish of iceland and senegal maybe we could have a van selling that as well.
  • Options
    not sure deep-fried puffins would go down very well here.
  • Options
    sorry forgot, Denmark,Cameroon and Morroco
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]sorry forgot, Denmark

Carlsberg will do....
  • Options
    guiness for ireland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heineken for JFH
  • Options
    great idea - i would actually eat at a football grond then.
  • Options
    some North African food would be pretty good, Moroccan/Tunisian/Algerian
  • Options
    What about Senegal? Netherlands?
  • Options
    i still reckon we should clear part of the car park (less cars is a green measure for fck sake - greenwich council will love that) and put up a beer tent on matchdays...
  • Options
    all good ideas, but can you imagine the mess most of us would be in trying to eat noodles at a match....
  • Options
    The club shop sells charlton bibs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]i still reckon we should clear part of the car park (less cars is a green measure for fck sake - greenwich council will love that) and put up a beer tent on matchdays...

Some people pay for the parking and it would only move the cars in the surrounding streets so a less happy Greenwich council.

Better to put a beer tent on that green off Harvey Gardens : - )
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Some people pay for the parking and it would only move the cars in the surrounding streets so a less happy Greenwich council.

let them get public transport...i suspect a beer tent would bring in more revenue than a bunch parked cars...set up some bar-b-q's and food stalls and promote the 'family day out' image...
  • Options
    Thieboudienne is Senegal’s national dish and is made from rice and fish covered with sauce (seems to be fish stock / vegetable broth). Get the lowdown from the world renowned Congo Cookbook...

http://www.congocookbook.com/rice_recipes/ceebu_jen.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Some people pay for the parking and it would only move the cars in the surrounding streets so a less happy Greenwich council.

[/cite]
    [cite]

let them get public transport...i suspect a beer tent would bring in more revenue than a bunch parked cars...set up some bar-b-q's and food stalls and promote the 'family day out' image...[/cite]

"i suspect" doesn't go down to well in board meetings. We'd be competing with our own bars and lounges, losing parking income, having more set up and dismantling problems, fire risks, access issues all for "I suspect" You're an accountant, do a proper costing.
  • Options
    Iceland, according to Wikipedia (Get this!!):

Iceland offers wide varieties of traditional cuisine. Þorramatur (food of the þorri) is the Icelandic national food. Nowadays þorramatur is mostly eaten during the ancient Nordic month of þorri, in January and February, as a tribute to old culture. Þorramatur consists of many different types of food. These are mostly offal dishes like pickled ram's testicles, putrified shark meat, singed sheep heads, singed sheep head jam, blood pudding, liver sausage (similar to Scottish haggis) and dried fish (often cod or haddock) with butter.

Not sure a stall selling this lot would go down too well...best stick to beer...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]i We'd be competing with our own bars and lounges, losing parking income, having more set up and dismantling problems, fire risks, access issues .

no, you'd be competing with pubs and bars within a half hour run of the valley...& i take it you've never been in bartrams (floyds) then...the bar area was poorly designed, getting served is slllloooooooow and the lager always seems to be running out...trust me, that place and the few bar staff they only ever have working could do with somewhere else drawing away customers...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]singed sheep head jam

With a double helping of toast I assume?
  • Options
    Putrified shark meat butty anyone??

I'm sure HH must miss this during the season...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Iceland, according to Wikipedia (Get this!!):

Iceland offers wide varieties of traditional cuisine. Þorramatur (food of the þorri) is the Icelandic national food. Nowadays þorramatur is mostly eaten during the ancient Nordic month of þorri, in January and February, as a tribute to old culture. Þorramatur consists of many different types of food. These are mostly offal dishes like pickled ram's testicles, putrified shark meat, singed sheep heads, singed sheep head jam, blood pudding, liver sausage (similar to Scottish haggis) and dried fish (often cod or haddock) with butter.

Not sure a stall selling this lot would go down too well...best stick to beer...[/quote]

it would be the first time someone has singed in the west stand!
  • Options
    No