Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Grove AKA The Man In Black is getting married

Tomorrow I will be at the Valley attending the wedding of Richard and his lovely bride Nat Machtus who met whilst supporting Charlton in the Royal Oak many years ago.He is finally making an honest woman of her !

If you are on CL Mr Grove all the best and I am really looking forward to the day.

Comments

• Went to school with Richard. He has been on CL but very rarely posts. Hope it all goes well.
  • Lovely couple, wish them all the best!
  • All the best Richard,from your otherhalf Oldham 1994.Catch you next time son.
  • Was a great day and such a good wedding venue. Cant wait for the dug-out pic.

The programme will make my website when I get a chance to scan it :-)
  • Only taken me 8 years to become aware of this thread :o

Thanks for the best wishes, somehow the wife is still putting up with me 8 years later <3
  • charscot said:
    Only taken me 8 years to become aware of this thread :o

Thanks for the best wishes, somehow the wife is still putting up with me 8 years later <3
    Bloody hell....you still around?! Many hours spent on away-day trains with you, Richard Birch, "Dowman" and Steve Dixon, especially in the 84-85 season. Every Saturday we used to hear about how many goals you'd banged in the previous Sunday! 

Kindest Regards from "Simonsen" (Richard from West London... I was also a bit of a Bees follower and the man who christened you as "The Man in Black") 
  • edited August 2021
    Congrats on the 1k consecutive home matches.

I don't think I could have come close to that. 

Are you doing any aways this season? I know there are no trips to Nottingham but Lincoln might be a good option. 
  • charscot said:

what you doing searching for yourself on Charlton Life?

(belated congratulations btw)
  • I wasn't, bumped into someone I hadn't seen in many many years on Saturday and they said they saw I got married via this site. Still took me the best part of 2 days to actually look !

(And thanks ) :-)

• Simonsen said:
    charscot said:

Bloody hell....you still around?! Many hours spent on away-day trains with you, Richard Birch, "Dowman" and Steve Dixon, especially in the 84-85 season. Every Saturday we used to hear about how many goals you'd banged in the previous Sunday! 

Kindest Regards from "Simonsen" (Richard from West London... I was also a bit of a Bees follower and the man who christened you as "The Man in Black") 

Yep, still around ! Those were the days...so much fun. Good to see you are still around (and still have those who only know me by the nickname so thanks, I think lol)
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Congrats on the 1k consecutive home matches.

I don't think I could have come close to that. 

Are you doing any aways this season? I know there are no trips to Nottingham but Lincoln might be a good option. 
    Thanks mate, still gutted at missing a game at a run of 51 as a child and having to start again !

Not sure re aways sadly at present. Am ever hopeful but circumstances are not making it possible yet. (I know, fair weather fan ;-)  ).

• Bollocks fare weather fan😂😂😂😂Your 92 came up at Grimsby Town Feb 94 if I am not mistaken.  Trust you are keeping well  CandG
  • Did indeed, good memory ! Old and unfit now but happy enough. Hope you are both well ?
  • Simonsen said:
    charscot said:

White boots...