Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref kills player - crowd kills ref.

2»

Comments

• Options

This was done in the name of football - strong message needed. I'd take the World cup from them.

Blimey. Not sure about that.

It's a disgusting, horrifying story but I'm not sure that it's right to penalise every Brazilian football supporter for what went on that day. Not to mention scuppering the plans of everyone travelling out there next year.

That said, there is clearly a huge problem there that needs sorting out. Maybe it's a reflection of the sort of society they still have but something needs to happen, even if it's some sort of voluntary step or appeal by the players or their FA.
  • Options
    Every time, we have this nonsense. Every time, it's a joke. I've been with work a couple of times and walked about on my tod at night, had a few beers and didn't have any kind of trouble. People were brand new. You're always going to get folk who've never been there being scared and demanding the World Cup is taken off them. If we listened to these folk we'd not have had a tournament outside of Europe. Even the US was going to be gun madness and all the games were going to be split into four bits to accomodate adverts. All lies of course. If you're the kind of person that's scared of your own shadow, watch it on the telly. If your only frame of reference about London was tabloid reports about the riots, 7/7 and Lee Rigby, you'd probably not want to come here either, you just need to be a bit wise about where you go and how you behave.
  • Options
    I wasn't being totally serious, I might add. I wouldn't have given Brazil or Qatar the World Cup in the first place though!
  • Options
    They should have the world cup 100%

For tradition and flair Brazil makes perfect sense

Their own people dont agree with it and the majority dont want it or the olympics
  • Options
    Should book smallwall a match against the home team ;-)
  • Options
    Handbags
  • Options
    IMHO nth london addick is spot on here. I am a fairly regular visitor to Sao Paulo and, fortunately, touch wood, like Mortimerician, I have never personally experienced any kind of trouble. However, my friends and colleagues who work in the city always advise extreme caution and behave accordingly themselves. It can be a dangerous place. Its by no means unique in this respect, but there are many, many safer cities on the planet.

Anybody planning to go to next summer's World Cup, and I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience, would be wise to think hard about what they are doing and keep their wits about them.