Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kids kit

I went to the shop yesterday to get my 5 yr old the home kit with a number on the back and felt like id been mugged and slapped in the face when it came to £73!!

Surely, the club needs to realise that these kids are the next generation of fans??

Comments

• Jesus Christ , that's a piss take.

• CafcMee said:

I went to the shop yesterday to get my 5 yr old the home kit with a number on the back and felt like id been mugged and slapped in the face when it came to £73!!

Surely, the club needs to realise that these kids are the next generation of fans??

Did you pay it ?
  • When our contract ended with macron I got my two year old an away kit (shirt , shorts and socks) for £1.50.

• It is a silly price but it's not OUR club shop.

It's run by Just Sport not CAFC
  • Disgraceful . The worst thing we ever did was go with Nike.
  • edited July 2013
    Had exactly the same thing and the shorts are the same as last year so if u av last years shorts u dont need to buy em again.£73 is a joke to be honest im lucky i had vouchers all nike clothing is a rip off off.
  • As long as people pay it, they will charge it.
  • edited July 2013
    I know last year my 4 year old had the moody "Avec" kit cos Nike don't do them that small
    Does anyone know if its the moody kit again for the smaller kids
  • I know last year my 4 year old had the moody "Avec" kit cos Nike don't do them that small
    Does anyone know if its the moody kit again for the smaller kids

The smallest kit i saw was small boys 6-8 it fits my boy much better than last years i didnt see anything in the shop yesterday which was smaller but maybe they will bring out a mini kit just like the new england kit.
  • Ah ok boogica ta , I think that's what happened this time last year , the fake snide Avec ones didn't arrive at the same time as the new one
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I paid it but I didn't buy one for myself because of the it gets too much.......
    se9addick said:

CafcMee said:

Did you pay it ?
  • Bloody hell!! on monday 24th and bought my son a black away shirt still at 34 quid hoping they would discount it for me but didnt, now that the new kts out i wanna take it back and get thim the new home shirt, because they dont sell the black one anymore im concerned they might be funny about taking it back, its still within 28 days and unworn with the tags attactched and the reciept. they have to accept it back right?
  • Bloody hell!! on monday 24th and bought my son a black away shirt still at 34 quid hoping they would discount it for me but didnt, now that the new kts out i wanna take it back and get thim the new home shirt, because they dont sell the black one anymore im concerned they might be funny about taking it back, its still within 28 days and unworn with the tags attactched and the reciept. they have to accept it back right?

It depends on what their rules are. Check the receipt, it normally says something on there - maybe on the back.

However, they have stated that the black kit will be a third strip this season. Assuming the home kit is white, it will be work against any teams that wear red and white stripes - I can only think of Doncaster at the moment. This should ensure that they will still be selling it - all be it that I doubt they will have them available in all sizes all season, but it might make it easier to get them to take it back.

Based on their response to an out of date voucher I would imagine that they would swap it, it might be worth calling them in advance to ask them.
  • That's expensive. I hope of had the choice to buy just the shirt rather than the full kit which it sounds like you bought. I really believe the Nike stuff is better quality and am happy they run our shop.
  • I got stung full price for the black away kit in April that had only *3 weeks* to run as my boy was mascot up at Boro.

Wadda you gonna do......

• Just seen the new white shirt!! Amazing!! Well pleased with what nike are producing just disappointed with the prices...
  • On the plus side £3 probably went to the sweat shop worker who made the clothes. OK more likely £2. ;-(
  • as always, retailers taking advantage of the dedicated fan .. especially at five, he'll have grown out of it by september
  • http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sportsdirect.com/nike-manchester-united-home-kit-2013-2014-mini-378193

The main point I am making is that we are all trying to encourage our kids to support charlton as they grow up but for less dedicated fans who just want a football kit for their kid they will could end up choosing the man utd full strip which is £32 in sports direct. In fact you could buy the home and away kit for less!! For those who have 2 kids it makes a massive difference!! Don't get me wrong that will never happen in my house but you catch my drift!!
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Jesus Christ , that's a piss take.

Maybe that's why Cally Messi bought his kid the arsenal shirt, cos he couldn't afford the cafc one!!
  • stonemuse said:

Good result today ...my grandson, 5 yrs old, started football practice with his school.

Most of the kids had team kits and my daughter asked if he would like one. Yes please mummy, can I have Grandad's team. When asked if he meant Charlton, he smiled and said yes.

And my son-in-law supports Spurs so he's well pissed off.

Brilliant mate
  • stonemuse said:

Good result today ...my grandson, 5 yrs old, started football practice with his school.

Most of the kids had team kits and my daughter asked if he would like one. Yes please mummy, can I have Grandad's team. When asked if he meant Charlton, he smiled and said yes.

And my son-in-law supports Spurs so he's well pissed off.

One of my five year olds went for his first football session last week, with the Charlton Community Trust that comes into his school, and he had his new kit on. My boys look great in their Charlton kits :-)

Just feel sorry for the pain ahead of them