Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Lineker's message on Sunday

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Now that the jug eared mug has actually been witnessed by 27k people saying Charlton and South London in the same breath maybe he will stop saying Charlton v Wrst hma is an East London derby.

Still one of my all time heroes mind

Comments

• Options
    Give credit to the guy, that was a moving appeal for the Demelza (sp) Hospice. Well done and thanks mate.
  • Options
    I definitely had a tear in my eye seeing as I was so charged up for the game
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Now that the jug eared mug has actually been witnessed by 27k people saying Charlton and South London in the same breath maybe he will stop saying Charlton v Wrst hma is an East London derby.

But we are on the East side of London Arf. Don't worry we won't be playing them again for a while.
  • Options
    listen i wasn't knocking the fella about the actual bloody message was i -
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]listen i wasn't knocking the fella about the actual bloody message was i -

Who said you were?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Give credit to the guy, that was a moving appeal for the Demelza (sp) Hospice. Well done and thanks mate.

whats this?
  • Options
    Depends how you read it I'd say. If you read it as a stand alone post then no prob, however if you read it as a reply then I guess you could see it as a dig.
    As there was no "quote" involved I saw it as just a post.
    However, Charlton is STILL on the East side of London. People get so wound up by postcodes!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Give credit to the guy, that was a moving appeal for the Demelza (sp) Hospice. Well done and thanks mate.
    whats this?
    Seconded. Ehh?
  • Options
    By the way Charlton is in SOUTH-EAST London ...

... so I don't really see what is so wrong with calling WHU-Charlton an east London derby - same as calling us and Palace a south London derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]However, Charlton is STILL on the East side of London. People get so wound up by postcodes!

the thames is the clear divider and west ham are a north london club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This brings the anorak out in me.

I instictively agree with Peakey. Calling us an east London club is profoundly wrong, but calling us a south London club is fine. Put that down to a media-centric anti-lines of longitude bias.

Here's a thing. The SE postcodes are strictly alphabetical between SE2 and SE18. How come the Borough sneaked in as SE1, what's the deal with SE19 upwards, and is there really an SE99 in Thamesmead?

Yeah, quiet day in Moorgate.
  • Options
    the most central ares are "1" eg. SE1, SW1, NE1
  • Options
    There is no NE postcode in London, as there is no S one either.NE is the postcode for Newcastle!
    The Thames is not a north south divide in London. Where is Chelsea? North of the Thames but the code is SW. Answer that and stay fashionable! ;-)
    If you look at a map of London, Charlton is more East than South I'd say!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    whats this?
    Seconded. Ehh?
    For all of you who were late arriving on Sunday (see my other rant!!) the club played a video of Gary Lineker on the giant screen talking about the work that Demelza did and appealing for everybody to get behind the new hospice that they are planning to build in South London (i.e. Eltham). It was filmed in the MOTD studio and he came across very well and very sincere. Good guy.
  • Options
    Never take my seat early - I am a last second charlie.
    Same for second half