Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Question of Sport

Comments

• Options
    Years ago they had a footie type of quiz where footie teams played each other. Cant recall what it was called but you had four routes to goal. From roiute four was easier questions and route 1 harder question led to a goal. Maybe that could come back.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Could do with a serious sports quiz show, maybe like Mastermind, no celebs just members of the public.

Years ago they had one on radio, was it Brain of Sport or something like that.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Brain_of_Sport
  • Options
    So what happens next 

No likey, No lighty.

Will the BBC sell the show to an independent company 🤔; or had they already ?

Costs too much too make !
    I find that hard to believe compared to a drama.

With the wages saved with Hugh Edwards who will be leaving and Lineker may walk soon so he can be the next Messiah. Aunty really should have some funds if there's still the demand from the public for AQOS.
  • Options
    The revamp was terrible, Paddy seemed an odd choice and the captains not famous enough.  
  • Options
    Years ago they had a footie type of quiz where footie teams played each other. Cant recall what it was called but you had four routes to goal. From roiute four was easier questions and route 1 harder question led to a goal. Maybe that could come back.
    Quizball?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I gave up years ago when Sue Barker left but did dip in in every now again but then seeing Sam Quirke on there does me tits in. Comes across as a big arse and the format changed. In the end I only used to watch it to see who the mystery guest was.
  • Options
    50 years old, is/was very good of its type, but the time has come for a rethink .. question is, what could replace it .. a cash prize quiz just dedicated to sporting questions ? .. that sounds more ITV than Auntie B though
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Tried to be like League of their own with the cheeky chap comedian as host and got rid of dear Sue

You reap what you sow. 

They had their own comedic sports quiz called They Think It's All Over which QOS out lasted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ugo Monye was a odd captain choice as well, being neither particularly famous nor fun to listen to.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Tried to be like League of their own with the cheeky chap comedian as host and got rid of dear Sue

You reap what you sow. 

They had their own comedic sports quiz called They Think It's All Over which QOS out lasted. 
    Was in audience for first ever episode. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    TV sports quiz show Question of Sport has stopped production after more than five decades, the BBC has confirmed.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67731546
    No at all surprised. Another show destroyed by box ticking . 
    Supposedly, it’s production costs. What are these ticked boxes of which you speak?
  • Options
    Haven't watched it for years loved Billy Beaumont and Emlyn Hughes and a few after that including John Parrot. Most of the sports stars on it today when i have briefly tuned in have no idea who they are. 
    #chippyshowinghisage. To be fair, I’m also clueless about them. 
  • Options
    This may sound really harsh and i apologise if it offends but the reason it's unwatchable is because the mainstream audience can't play along anymore . Because of the BBC box ticking quota of sporting guests must have a much higher proportion of women and Para athletes,  the audiences for these sports are minimal ( i know women's football has become popular but i can't watch it) the questions relate to the guests sports and i haven't got a clue who they are talking about . I know i'm not alone . I don't know anyone who watches it any more and yes it doesn't help that the pillock Paddy McGuinness is hosting it either. 
    If if ever comes back it needs to go back to basics. Mainstream sports with guests that people recognise at least. 
    The fact you feel you have to start with an apology when you’re just stating facts shows how sad it all is. The ‘home’ questions are basically all ‘away’ ones now for the audience because the guests are Paralympic high jumpers. 

I really can’t stand Sam Quek either, gives off bad vibes.
    I wouldn't worry abut it - she loves herself more than enough for the three of us!
  • Options
    Strangely enough I think Gary Lineker would have made a fantastic compere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sports personality of the year next for the chop 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Sports personality of the year next for the chop 
    I agree. They've already demoted it to a Tuesday. 
  • Options
    I think it had been losing viewers over a prolonged period before the doomed revamp, which I'm guessing the BBC intended as a kill or cure.  I'm not surprised it hasn't worked, those I'll conceived changes not attracting a new audience and alienating many of the old.
  • Options
    Very valid comments from Liddle. 

The former QoS was fun and always left me with a smile on my face. 

Rarely happened with the new format.  
  • Options
    Didn't the charmless McGuiness also host the shit show that Top Gear became? I spot a pattern emerging...
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Didn't the charmless McGuiness also host the shit show that Top Gear became? I spot a pattern emerging...
    Question of Sport, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2023 

Top Gear, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2023 

Take Me Out, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2020 

Benchmark, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2015 

Your Face Sounds Familiar, presented by Paddy McGuiness and Alesha Dixon, axed after one series, 2013 

71 Degrees North, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2011 

Rory and Paddy's Great British Adventure, axed 2008 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    IdleHans said:
    Question of Sport, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2023 

Top Gear, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2023 

Take Me Out, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2020 

Benchmark, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2015 

Your Face Sounds Familiar, presented by Paddy McGuiness and Alesha Dixon, axed after one series, 2013 

71 Degrees North, presented by Paddy McGuiness, axed 2011 

Rory and Paddy's Great British Adventure, axed 2008 
    To be fair, the titles of most of these alone gives a pretty fair clue that their days are numbered even as they are conceived. Perhaps he just won't say no to anything.
  • Options
    McGuiness is an easy target here. Frankie Boyle, Mo Gilligan, Romesh Ranganathan could have replaced Sue, it would have made no  odds but when they go with a different way of doing something that worked for 50 years then people will just turn off