Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Twenty Twenty @ the Oval- Tomorrow 27th June

Really wanted to take the son to his first game tomorrow but all sold out... anyone got any ideas where i may get tickets from??

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I'm going, but the forecast is looking like rain, so personally I wouldn't bother trying.

There's a couple more T20's coming up at The Oval, that aren't sold out :-

FRIDAY 19th July: Surrey v Hampshire

FRIDAY 26th July Surrey v Kent

(FRIDAY 5th July Surrey v Middx - SOLD OUT)
  • I'm going, but the forecast is looking like rain, so personally I wouldn't bother trying.

Completely contrasting weather forecasts I've just read Covered End. BBC says it will be alright and Metcheck says rain all day. Hope not as going as well.

Sorry can't help with the tickets Webbja.
  • The Weather Channel suggests that it should be ok - 20% chance of precipitation:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/today-London-UKXX0085:1:UK

The good news is that (according to this site) there is a zero chance of snow tomorrow.
  • Yes but the rain is coming from NW & due to reach The Oval around 6pm :-(
  • Think there's a T20 game - Surrey v Sussex on Wed 3rd July too. Wasn't sold out 2 days ago when I looked.
  • I'll be there tonight! Should be a scorcher according to the weather forecasts. It was really tough getting tickets - give them a call instead of using the website.
  • I'm going tonight as well - bbc weather says rain from 7pm for the rest of the evening!
  • edited June 2013
    Netweather says it will stay dry http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2;sess=.

BBC & metcheck say it will rain.

The slightly better news is that netweather are much more reliable than the other 2 . Fingers crossed.
  • So glad I read this thread. Thought we were meeting friends in Vauxhall tomorrow evening and possibly going to a Surrey 20 20. But this made me check the fixtures (even though I eventually realised this thread is about an England game!) and that we've not meeting them until next Friday! With the added bonus that its alerted me to the game against Kent at the Ovalmnext month, which we can go to!

The benefits of CL!
  • Definitely loooks like rain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep, just checked the weather. Fingers crossed!
  • Sounds as if Tredwell will captain England tonight

Great news
  • Stewart said:

Sounds as if Tredwell will captain England tonight

Great news

Indeed he will ! Well done young man ! Will get a special clap at Canters tomorrow evening.

• edited June 2013
    Stewart said:

Sounds as if Tredwell will captain England tonight

Great news

where did you hear/read this? .. has Capn Morgan been dropped for Pietersen ?

EDIT: Answering my own ? .. I see it on the Beeb site .. let's hope he makes a good go of it
  • Leaving in half hour to start boozing.
  • Plaaayer said:

Leaving in half hour to start boozing.

Jealous. Had grand plans to leave work early and get on it, ruined by a company briefing starting at 4.30!
  • Netweather says it will stay dry http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2;sess=.

BBC & metcheck say it will rain.

The slightly better news is that netweather are much more reliable than the other 2 . Fingers crossed.

• I'm going, but the forecast is looking like rain, so personally I wouldn't bother trying.

Oh well, at least I'll get a refund. Mind you, I spent more in drinking than I normally would.

NB I stood outside for 2.5 hours, in the lightest of rain, that didn't even make my clothes, the slightest bit damp.

They really should have played, even if they made an announcement, that the bowlers may have to "take it a bit easy in order to give you some entertainment".

The public would rather have seen something, than nothing. It's not as if it was a Test Match, which would be different.

Cricket really needs to wake up, it's 2013 !

• Sponsored links:

• yep I agree, I went last night and we went back in the Roebuck when the 'rain' started, for the next 2 hours it didn't even make the pavement outside wet....could've easily played in that.
  • I didn't even leave the pub..

In bits today.
  • Agree with the comments re play, surely could have got something on.

I took my boy for his first taste of International cricket, got in an hour beforehand as he was keen, and stood there for practically four hours - with occasional trips to the bar - and barely wet at all!

I kept promising him the 5 overs at least as I knew they would be 'keen' to avoid the refunds but then five minutes before that deadline came the only really significant rain.

Really disappointed for him, he was good as gold hanging about and upset when they finally abandoned it, so going to try to get to Canterbury next week.

Also wonder how much gate receipt they retain by people not bothering to apply for refunds / lost tickets / bought from 3rd party etc.
  • I'm in a world of pain today
  • Me too Eltham. Thank God I booked the day off work. Beers in the ground and then on to Borough. Excellent night, just a shame about the lack of cricket.

Agree with the other comments that they could have played, did seem very light.
  • REFUND SCHEME – NATWEST T20 INTERNATIONALS

If play is restricted or does not take place at the ground on the day for which your ticket is valid, you may claim a refund of only the match ticket value subject to there being:

(a) 9.5 overs or less of the only or last match of the day because of adverse weather conditions and no result is obtained - a full refund.

In no other circumstances can money be refunded.

Claims for refunds will be paid by cheque. To claim your refund simply send your ticket, with the name of the payee, address, postcode and e-mail in block capitals, to A R D Response, Dept (Insert relevant match code from table at foot of this page), PO Box 15, Earl Shilton, Leicester LE9 8WA within 28 days of the Match date. There is no need to include an envelope. Please allow 30 days from receipt of claim for us to process your refund. For refund queries call 01455 852514 (9 to 5 Mon to Fri). For any other queries please contact the ground.
  • Cheers for posting that CE. Received an e-mail earlier offering free tickets to a Surrey T20 match as well, on offer Tuesday. Can't make Kent unfortunately as we are away, but will choose one of the others. Decent enough gesture, they didn't have to bother.

"To try and partially alleviate your frustration, we would like to offer those of you who attended last night free tickets to any of Surrey's five home games* in the Friends Life t20 (see below for a fixture list)."

• E - mailed me as well & offered me £5 off - wtf !

"To try and partially alleviate your frustration, if you click here and use the code Rainoffer, you can get £5 off tickets for any of the five Surrey home games* in the Friends Life t20 (see below for a fixture list)."
  • My e-mail was headed up "Dear Family of Disappointed Cricket Fans", wonder if its a different e-mail (and offer) if you bought u16 tickets??

• Mine was "dear disappointed cricket fan." That's probably why then, as you bought more than one ticket.