Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v NZ T20 The Oval

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Hannover Arms or the Brown Derby are both decent.
  • Options
    Hannover Arms is just around the corner. It does get pretty busy but they normally have loads of staff on and not too long a wait for a beer. Plenty of space to stand outside as well.
  • Options
    Is tomorrow's game at the Oval as well?
  • Options
    £4.20 a pint inside the ground and quick service if not (based on last week's ICC semi).
  • Options
    Will be there tomorrow, going to The Pilgrim beforehand I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I'm going to the game tomorrow with a few friends but as I haven't been to the Oval before, I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a decent pub nearby that we could go to before the game?

The Beehive is the best & it's right by the ground. (I've been to all those mentioned).

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/44/4405/Beehive/Vauxhall

PS I'm afraid they are forecasting rain :-)
  • Options
    The Roebuck, through the flats behind Archbishop Tenison's School.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

The Roebuck, through the flats behind Archbishop Tenison's School.

I went there last year. It's nowhere near as nice as The Beehive & 10 mins further away from the ground. It's further away, because you have to go through a council estate to get to it. Sorry :-)

Here's The Roebuck. http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/22/22150/Roebuck/Kennington
  • Options
    Cheers for the suggestions guys. Might have to try out a couple of these if I get the chance/they're not too rammed!
  • Options
    As someone mentioned above Soton, it's easy to get lager in the ground. Lots of outlets and those people with beer packs on their backs. Sometimes the queues for bitter's can be a pain though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Raining in New Eltham. Suspect a night in the pub awaits those heading to the Oval.
  • Options
    2nd ball wicket, bad start
  • Options
    shame about the weather .. more October/November than mid summer
  • Options
    Abandoned.
  • Options
    Not looking good for Canterbury tomorrow either.
  • Options
    Tredder's captaincy lasts two deliveries.

The shortest ever in international cricket?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

It's a Kent thing.... Chris Cowdrey got one game before they changed their minds

• Options

At least (if he never captain's England again) he must hold the record for the shortest reign!
  • Options

It's a Kent thing.... Chris Cowdrey got one game before they changed their minds

Chris broke his foot and by the time he recovered his Godfather (who was chairman of selectors) had quite rightly been replaced. Chris Cowdrey only ever first played for England because of his name, his Dad, the SAB Rebels, IT Botham's non-availability, his friendship with the England captain of the time (Lubo was his Best Man) etc etc......

Nice bloke but gave his kids ridiculous names and Grahame was a much better cricketer and doesn't play the Toff card like CSC does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At least (if he never captain's England again) he must hold the record for the shortest reign!
    Yes, but undefeated throughout.

• Options
    Riviera said:

Chris broke his foot and by the time he recovered his Godfather (who was chairman of selectors) had quite rightly been replaced. Chris Cowdrey only ever first played for England because of his name, his Dad, the SAB Rebels, IT Botham's non-availability, his friendship with the England captain of the time (Lubo was his Best Man) etc etc......

Nice bloke but gave his kids ridiculous names and Grahame was a much better cricketer and doesn't play the Toff card like CSC does.
    Had the misfortune to play cricket with Chris's sons a couple of times. Completely spoilt brats. Heard Fabian is now a pro with Kent now though.
  • Options
    colin cowdrey once refused to give me his autograph ....there!