Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic FC - A Pictorial History

Comments

• Options
    Yes, hoping for a cracking selection of pictures. Published in August. Will Dave do a book-signing for us?
  • Options
    thanks for link
  • Options
    Is this the prequal to Ackworth's tome ?
  • Options
    Should be a good read/look.
  • Options
    Hello all. I only found out my book was due out in August after speaking to a few people at the Charlton match Saturday who told me they had seen details on Amazon, the publishers hadn't given me a publishing date. I hope that most will like it, however when I was approached by the publishers I was a bit hesitant about producing another pictorial book due to all the image copyright legislation, so I've revised and updated this pictorial history from a previous book produced, adding some new images and personal pics, and tried to put a different slant on it. Also it's in colour now too. If Charlton Life is interested in a book signing I'm sure I can sort something out.
  • Options
    did this include the Trust launch in the end?
  • Options
    I've had this on order for a while now, I'm looking forward to it. Last one was very good.
  • Options
    Set to be delivered on August 22nd according to the email I received from Amazon this morning.
  • Options
    I picked up my review copy on Saturday.

Will write the review soonish
  • Options
    Ross said:

Set to be delivered on August 22nd according to the email I received from Amazon this morning.

Hmmm, bit miffed. Had mine on order since 8th July and it's still showing for delivery in September :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You may get an email today. I received it saying that it is going to be dispatched earlier than expected.
  • Options
    Bingo! Just as you said Ross. Cheers :-)
  • Options
    Looks good
  • Options
    Fantastic, it's been dispatched!
  • Options
    I won't say much as I don't want to gazump Henry's review, but I enjoyed this. It's worth getting.
  • Options
    Review is in today's programme page 26

• Options
    Nice one. I did wonder ;-)
  • Options
    He was selling & signing them in The Bugle last week.
  • Options
    The author's name is spelled incorrectly in the standfirst and the text (see photo above). It's Dave Ramzan. Book available through Amazon for £11.18 inc. p&p, or £14.99 in the shops.
  • Options
    No, that's definitely how you spell Ben Hayes : - )

I just checked and the error is mine not the programmes. My apologies to them and more so to Dave. Hopefully, the good review will get me off the hook with him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No, that's definitely how you spell Ben Hayes : - )

I just checked and the error is mine not the programmes. My apologies to them and more so to Dave. Hopefully, the good review will get me off the hook with him.

Stay behind after class and do fifty lines, young Ben....

• Options
    Since you used "spelled" rather than "spelt" (or even misspelt) in your post I dispute your qualifications to dish out such punishment : - )
  • Options
    And when experience matters, Henry comes on the outside to regain the freeloading lead from that young pretender Razil........

:-)
  • Options
    edited September 2013

And when experience matters, Henry comes on the outside to regain the freeloading lead from that young pretender Razil........

:-)

Not freeloading if you have to write a 400 word review to a deadline for no pay other than a copy of the book.

Freeloading is asking people to write articles and reviews for your website for no pay

: - )

• Options

Since you used "spelled" rather than "spelt" (or even misspelt) in your post I dispute your qualifications to dish out such punishment : - )

From The Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1981):

spell, past and partic. spelled or spelt

Do another fifty lines for insubordination, young Ben.

• Options
    Since I am not American and wasn't born in the time of Queen Victoria I use "spelt".

However in your sentence "misspelt" rather than "spelled incorrectly" would have been a shorter and less clumsy usage. : - )
  • Options
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who spotted that terrible schoolboy error in the programme.....
  • Options
    If we are talking about terrible errors in the programme then look at the photo report of the Huddersfield Cup game.

Has the score as 2 - 2.

I blame Olly
  • Options
    Of course I've never made a mistake. Ever.
    Seriously, it does look an excellent book and I will be purchasing mine shortly.
  • Options

Of course I've never made a mistake. Ever.
    Seriously, it does look an excellent book and I will be purchasing mine shortly.

Swansea City ring a bell : - )

It is very good and well worth 15 Quid