Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC "Club Day", Sunday 21st July.

Comments

• Options

Just won a golden ticket for Sunday

Lot a) £10?
  • Options
    Come down and meet CAS Trust, oh there's some other stuff going on too - Graphic by the STIG

• Options
    Was thinking of popping down for this but
    1) I haven't got a season ticket.
    2) is it not just going to be a load of crappy stalls in the car park? Or is it actually in the ground?
  • Options
    Now going to go to this. Clever by the club as i know i will end up going on the club shop and buying some stuff at the same time.
  • Options
    Apologies, as I realise all the info I need is probably in this thread but I've still managed to find myself confused, so..

I'm a season ticket holder with an invitation to this, but have not sent emails to anybody. Is it worth going to? What can I do and what am I missing out on etc.?
  • Options
    both car park stalls and stuff in the ground
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

Apologies, as I realise all the info I need is probably in this thread but I've still managed to find myself confused, so..

I'm a season ticket holder with an invitation to this, but have not sent emails to anybody. Is it worth going to? What can I do and what am I missing out on etc.?

You can call the commercial center and get a taster tour for £5 or show your season ticket and go into the ground and watch the first time train.
  • Options

• Options
    Mr. Happy said:

You should phone your account manager.
  • Options
    The season ticket wallet shows the capacity for each of the three 'home' stands: North, 6,650; West, 8,200; East, 5,800. I make that a total of 20,650. Wiki says our total capacity is 27,111, and I recall crowds of that order against Stevenage (£5 admission) and Hartlepool in 2011-12. The South stand doesn't hold anything like 6,000, so why the discrepancy? Shurely shome mishtake?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Quadrants. I agree it's a bit odd the way it's presented. Matt Wright out ... Oh...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    The doors to today's #cafc Club Day open at 10am. Full details of what's happening and when are here --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130717-club-day-925385.aspx … (MW)

Chris Powell talks to www.cafc.co.uk about this Sunday's event at The Valley
    Gary Haines reports

Chris Powell is hoping that the inaugural Club Day at The Valley will be the first of many – and now detailed timings have been released concerning Sunday’s planned events.

The Addicks boss will be one of the star attractions for season-ticket holders when he conducts an exclusive training session in their presence on the hallowed SE7 pitch this weekend.

He will also carry out a number of interviews and participate in a question-and-answer session later in the day, while fans can tour The Valley during a day jam-packed with events and entertainment.

“It’s long overdue in my eyes,” said Powell, when discussing the special day that runs between 10am-4pm on July 21st.

“We are a close-knit football club. I do recognise a lot of our fans home and away and at various events. But I think when you see them in a unique setting, watch us train and are able to interact with the players and staff and get the chance to go behind the scenes at The Valley, that’s even more special.

“I commend our commercial department and everyone involved in putting this day together because it’s for our fans.

“They will be able to see us and speak to their heroes. I’m really pleased we are doing this and I’d love it to become a bit of a tradition over the next few years.”

When the Addicks last held an open training session, then-manager Alan Pardew conducted affairs while armed with a microphone, but Powell will not be following suit.

“I don’t think that works,” he said. “It doesn’t make it intimate to hear the manager’s every word. I’ll maybe speak to the crowd when training is going on, but I will be open with fans afterwards and they will be able to spend some time with us during the Q&A and get autographs.

“I think they might be able to see what we do in recovery for the players that played the day before as well [against Portsmouth]. So they will get a little insight into the preparation and what we do post-match. It promises to be a great day.”

A scorching weather forecast is already predicted on Sunday, and season-ticket holders and their families and friends can take advantage of a fun-filled day.

The doors to the event open at 10am, with taster tours running from 10-11am. They are priced £5 adults and £3 U18s and must be pre-booked by calling 0871 226 1905.

The car park will be full with attractions including football-based activities, funfair rides and lots of other things for people of all ages to enjoy, with food and beverages also on sale.

The main event will see Powell putting his squad through the training session, and this part of the day is exclusively for season-ticket holders and one guest apiece. The turnstiles will open at 11.30am, with training expected to commence at 12.15pm.

The six fans who have been lucky enough to win one of the ‘golden tickets’ to join the first team on the pitch during training will be notified by 5pm Thursday via email. If you would like to enter this competition, email clubday2013@cafc.co.uk with the subject line of ‘Golden Ticket’ to be in with a chance.

After the training session, fans will exit the stadium, and at 2.30pm, those who have been pre-selected to attend one of the Q&A sessions will enter via the main west stand reception or players’ entrance and be shown to the designated lounges where the events will be held.

Further details will be emailed to the lucky fans who have been selected to attend, and they are requested to bring that email as confirmation on the day. On entry, they will be given a question form that you will need to complete with those questions you’ve always wanted the players to answer.

There will also be a signing session with the first-team players that fans can attend in the north-stand facilities. Those interested in this event and meeting your idols need to register via email clubday2013@cafc.co.uk with the subject line ‘Signing’.

On receipt of your email, the club will email back confirmation if you have been lucky enough to be chosen and you must then bring that confirmation email and your items for signing with you on the day to gain entry. This event is from 2.30pm onwards.

Finally, there will also be a signing session in the Valley Superstore, with two players in attendance from 3pm onwards.

Please note that if you have already registered for one of the Q&As and you are not selected for this, then you will automatically be involved in the signing session that is taking place in the north stand, so there is no need to register twice. Please remember to bring the confirmation emails you receive from the club on the day to gain entry.

Any queries about the events on Club Day should be sent to lisa.squires@cafc.co.uk.

The commercial centre will also be open from 10am-2pm for ticket sales and other enquiries.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130717-club-day-925385.aspx#hDvcxbvsOwpxVKVU.99
  • Options
    edited July 2013

CAS Trust ‏@CAStrust
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    For those #AddicksAroundTheWorld who can't make #ClubDay today - why not follow all of our coverage live? http://bit.ly/1dNjlZa #cafc
  • Options

CAS Trust ‏@CAStrust

Seven new members already and double figures signatures on the ACV petition - come down and see us, seems like a really good day - credit to the club.
  • Options
    Gutted (no pun intended) I can't make this. But at least I am getting out of hospital & I haven't missed the cricket
  • Options

Gutted (no pun intended) I can't make this. But at least I am getting out of hospital & I haven't missed the cricket

I hope you're feeling better.
  • Options
    Is Coulibaly training today ?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Is Coulibaly training today ?

No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coulibaly was out there I was told and pointed out by a member of the training team.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

CAS Trust ‏@CAStrust

Seven new members already and double figures signatures on the ACV petition - come down and see us, seems like a really good day - credit to the club.
    Me and brother in law signed up today. Quite a good day.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

se9addick said:

CAS Trust ‏@CAStrust

Me and brother in law signed up today. Quite a good day.
    Top stuff, I had to leave about 2pm and we'd gained about 25 new members and lots and lots of signatures for the ACV petition

• Options
    Just glot back. Went to the q&a with bloom, Roberts, gower, Jackson, hamer, Harriet, umut.

All come across we'll and answered all the questions put to them.
  • Options
    Enjoyed it and hope it happens again next summer.

Good Q + A with Powell, Dyer and Matthew. Even a free bar! Shame I was driving.
  • Options
    Did you have the free buffet too?
  • Options
    No prawn sarnies : - (
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Danny green ‏@dannygreen_7
    Great day with the fans and staff at @CAFCofficial hope everyone had a good day! #cafc #ballers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S6TNboV4m80
  • Options
    I took my 3 kids who all enjoyed themselves, although being aged 10, 8 & 6 they mostly enjoyed the rides and bouncy castles in the West Stand car park. We did the mini-tour which was hosted by Dave Archer and was interesting to see the dressing rooms & the trophy cabinets. Dave Archer said that TJ was due to be there in the afternoon - anyone see him at all ??

I didn't have time to stay for the Q&A - any news on Coulibily ???
  • Options

I took my 3 kids who all enjoyed themselves, although being aged 10, 8 & 6 they mostly enjoyed the rides and bouncy castles in the West Stand car park. We did the mini-tour which was hosted by Dave Archer and was interesting to see the dressing rooms & the trophy cabinets. Dave Archer said that TJ was due to be there in the afternoon - anyone see him at all ??

I didn't have time to stay for the Q&A - any news on Coulibily ???

Someone said when asked CP was non committal on the subject but said he had done well considering.