Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Gandolfini RIP

Comments

• Options
    Sad news - RIP
  • Options
    Brilliant actor, I post on reddit as well and a user on there said how he saw him just last week at some actors convention, there was a mess up with the seating and was accidently put with a group of students. Instead of kicking up a fuss he went straight over to his table and spent the day chatting and talking to the students. Says mountains about the kind of guy he was, wasn't into that prima Donna press darling bullcrap.

Is now chilling with the ducks in the sky.
  • Options
    Fantastic performance in the Sopranos in what must have been a very demanding role.

Only 51 as well, far too young.
  • Options
    This is the risk if you remain overweight so long. Such a shame he was a quality actor.
  • Options
    Fantastic in Sopranos, so many legendary scenes, what a shame, too young.
  • Options
    Very sad news RIP Sir
  • Options
    Genuinely shocked when I saw the news last night. The Sopranos is the greatest TV series I have ever seen, and Gandolfini created the greatest anti-hero in TV history with his performance. It's a testament to his ability as an actor that he managed to make such a terrifying and occasionally horrible character so likeable and enjoyable to watch. He was also great in True Romance (probably my favourite film of all time) and brilliant in In The Loop, amongst many others. As has been mentioned above, he also did a lot of work with and for soldiers and seemed like a nice and humble man. RIP James.
  • Options
    Gutted great actor in the best tv series ever. RIP
  • Options
    shocker... RIP
  • Options
    He'll always be remembered as 'Tony' .. this is a big surprise, but he was well overweight and as has been said, the Sopranos role must have been very physically and mentally taxing .. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    Loved the Soprano's; the box set my most looked at DVD's - fresh every time. RIP "Tony"
  • Options
    Great actor and the sopranos was a great show. Recommend to anyone who has not seen it.

Sad news. Such a young age. RIP
  • Options
    really sad news and so young.

I loved the sopranos but did feel it pidgeon holed him but perhaps that's no bad thing because he was perfect for the part and sadly no longer with us.

rip tony soprano.
  • Options
    Fantastic actor as well as a decent fella, by all accounts.

What a shame.

RIP
  • Options
    Genuinely gutted about this, He made Tony Soprano the greatest character of all time. RIP
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Genuinely gutted about this, He made Tony Soprano the greatest character of all time. RIP

exactly what I was about to say, sad news, RIP
  • Options
    Sad,sad news.
  • Options
    RIP Big Tony....taken far too soon.
  • Options
    The restaurant table where the iconic last scene from The Sopranos was filmed has been reserved in his honour.
    Will mean more to those who have seen the series and know what that scene was all about. I don't mind admitting that brought a lump to my throat. Lovely gesture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

No Sopranos movie now . Great actor RIP

If you watched the last show closely...
    Valley11 said:

The restaurant table where the iconic last scene from The Sopranos was filmed has been reserved in his honour.
    Will mean more to those who have seen the series and know what that scene was all about. I don't mind admitting that brought a lump to my throat. Lovely gesture.

I actually thought that was pretty dark, Valley11. The table outside Satriale's would've made sense...but not the diner!

Not entirely shocking, but a true shame to lose him. Would love to know what else he had to offer. He nearly always played a domineering bully, but in the right movie - Killing Them softly for instance - he was a heck of a presence.
  • Options
    We all know lots about Tony Soprano, but very little about James Gandolfini himself - how it should be. A testament to his desire to shun the limelight.
  • Options
    I feel like I should have some spaghetti with some good graaavy tonight in his honour !
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

No Sopranos movie now . Great actor RIP

If you watched the last show closely...
    Valley11 said:

I actually thought that was pretty dark, Valley11. The table outside Satriale's would've made sense...but not the diner!

Not entirely shocking, but a true shame to lose him. Would love to know what else he had to offer. He nearly always played a domineering bully, but in the right movie - Killing Them softly for instance - he was a heck of a presence.
    Ah I don't know, I liked that it was the table where it all ended. Fitting.

You're right about his range though. Reckon he had the ability to play some diverse characters.
  • Options
    Thought he was good in that film with kristen Stewart
  • Options
    I'll always remember a great photo of him in New York, a few days after 9/11, where he had ridden his bike down to ground zero and was chatting with two of New York's finest.

Had the DE-luxe, complete series, on my Amazon wish list for ages so now I've just ordered it. £44.00, an absolute bargain.

Rest in peace big man.

• Options
    Brilliant actor in whatever he was in. Will be watching the Sopranos on Sky in HD now to see what he was like in this. And a great performance in Romance & Cigarettes where he does this...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFrpHyE5Rp8
  • Options
    Just introduced the missus to the sopranos by watching the pilot in his honour. Those goddam ducks...
  • Options

I'll always remember a great photo of him in New York, a few days after 9/11, where he had ridden his bike down to ground zero and was chatting with two of New York's finest.

Had the DE-luxe, complete series, on my Amazon wish list for ages so now I've just ordered it. £44.00, an absolute bargain.

Rest in peace big man.

Ordered that today as well, brilliant price as its £69.99 in HMV

• Options
    "What you gonna do?" Tony Soprano's brilliant philosophical question in the face of the strange relentlessness of life and death, is now sadly true of James Gandolfini. No performance over a whole series even comes close to the complexity of his portrayal of Tony S. Really sad to bid him farewell.