Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football updates via Dial Up - what is my best option?

As I usually do – I’ll be missing the start of the season whilst on Holiday (I come back on 9 August). The problem is that the resort in Cuba that we are visiting only has dial up internet. I’ve started doing a bit of research in advance, so that I am prepared. Can anybody advise what might be the best site to keep up to date with the Charlton score for the games I miss? – clearly needs to be a site that isn’t too advanced so I don’t have to wait forever for data to load.

Comments

• Options
    Get someone to text you is the easiest. Your british phone will work out there (just dont use it for internet).
  • Options
    You can change browser settings so that images, JavaScript, flash and stuff like that is switched off - I did this last year when I had to use tethered 2G in the middle of the Irish countryside to do some work.
    The problem is that sites don't refresh automatically with JavaScript turned off.
  • Options
    Or leave JavaScript on, but change the browser agent string so your browser identifies as a mobile device. That way you'll get a lower bandwidth version of whatever site you use.
  • Options
    Dial up?!!!

Try netaddicks
  • Options
    ClubCall ?
  • Options
    I think I'l get my brother to text me with every goal. Seems to be about 50p a text to Cuba. I just hope there isn't a delay - I hate not knowing when Charlton are playing.
  • Options
    Pretty sure you cant take smartphones into Cuba- something to do with not being allowed to use GPS...

I may have just imagined that though
  • Options
    Ok, I'll either train some carrier pigeons or take a bog standard phone then
  • Options
    Just check the result after the game get someone to text you!

Enjoy your holiday