Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Capital One Cup Draw- Oxford (H)

edited June 2013 in General Charlton
Tomorrow morning 9:30am. We've been seeded so we can get one of these teams:

AFC Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Colchester United, Coventry City, Dagenham & Redbridge, Exeter City, Gillingham, Newport County, Northampton Town, Oxford United, Plymouth Argyle, Portsmouth, Southend United, Stevenage, Torquay United or Wycombe Wanderers.

Ties to be played 6th/7th August.

Comments

• Options
    All those teams hoping they get us for a safe path through to the next round
  • Options
    So we could well be playing Wimbledon, Dagenham or Portsmouth twice within a month?
  • Options
    Plymouth Argyle away which we would predictably lose.
  • Options
    danny_m said:

So we could well be playing Wimbledon, Dagenham or Portsmouth twice within a month?

We could yes.

I'd like away to either Cheltenham, Colchester, Coventry, Newport, Northampton, Oxford or Torquay. All grounds I've not done yet.
  • Options
    we would probably cancel the friendlies danny...im sure we did with reading the other year
  • Options
    Mike said:

we would probably cancel the friendlies danny...im sure we did with reading the other year

That did happen, didn't it? I forgot about the Reading friendly being cancelled. I guess that's what will happen then.
    Personally, I'd rather a home game, but if we are away, I'd quite like to go to Newport. I went to the Cardiff game, It was a great atmosphere, and had a day in the town, I thought it was great, so would quite like to see Newport.
  • Options
    I haven't been to Newport but sod that on a Tuesday night. Northampton or Oxford away would be my preferences.
  • Options
    Wycombe away please, no reason.
  • Options

Nothing to do with the entertainment in the White Horse in High Wycombe?

• Options
    Southend or col u away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Any trip to Devon would be nice. Really nice part of the world down there. But been to all those grounds. Yet to go to Chlentenham Newport, Northampton or Oxford. Though I did go to Oxford's old Manor Ground a couple of times, firstly in late 1996 we won 2-0 (Barness and David Whyte). Then again in early January 98 when Super Clive and Johnny Robbo got our goals that day when we won 2-1 with two goals in about the last 8 minutes after going behind after about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    northampton, torquay, oxford, cheltenham or Newport away would be good all new grounds. Will try and do it whatever it is though
  • Options

Any trip to Devon would be nice. Really nice part of the world down there. But been to all those grounds. Yet to go to Chlentenham Newport, Northampton or Oxford. Though I did go to Oxford's old Manor Ground a couple of times, firstly in late 1996 we won 2-0 (Barness and David Whyte). Then again in early January 98 when Super Clive and Johnny Robbo got our goals that day when we won 2-1 with two goals in about the last 8 minutes after going behind after about 5 minutes.

Yes, memories of the old Manor ground at Oxford: nothing but a few ramshackle corrugated iron stands. I remember going there in 1980-81, our promotion season in the old Third Division: went down 1-0 to end our 17-match unbeaten run. We were outraged, expected to win every game courtesy of Walsh and Killer up front. Wobbled horribly towards the end of the season but went up in third place behind Rotherham and Udders, I think....

• Options
    Having done the 92 last season,Newport's promotion means I am one short again.

I would love us to draw them away.
  • Options
    I just hope whatever we get it isn't as bad as the orient home game last season
  • Options

I just hope whatever we get it isn't as bad as the orient home game last season

Yeah, that was dire. First competitive game of the season, so we were all expectant after a couple of months without the footy. When it went into extra time it couldn't end quickly enough. We've got to get over our problem with Cups....

• Options
    Stevenage away please.
  • Options
    no need to waste thinking time, it has to be torquay away.
  • Options
    Cheltenham,Oxford,or Northampton away pretty please with cherry on top.
  • Options
    The Gills would be good, we might try our best against them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As it will be a Tuesday night, please have something relatively local (and away).

Gillingham or Wimbledon would be great.

Failing that, a home fixture.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    BREAKING NEWS: Charlton will face Oxford United in the first round of the @CapitalOne_Cup (JS) #cafc pic.twitter.com/9YVf0x8vUn
  • Options

Nothing to do with the entertainment in the White Horse in High Wycombe?

Why's that, do they sell real ale?
  • Options
    Oxford United at home
  • Options
    Oxford at Home
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    BREAKING NEWS: Charlton will face Oxford United in the first round of the @CapitalOne_Cup (JS) #cafc pic.twitter.com/9YVf0x8vUn

at home
  • Options
    Out
  • Options
    So Oxford are getting a bye to the next round?
  • Options
    theres always next year
  • Options
    I remember them being us at home on penalties a few years ago, I can see them getting through in normal time this season.