Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March51...again...(get well soon)

edited June 2013 in Not Sports Related
Hi all,

For those who interact with my dad on this forum and might have noticed his absence, I've got a brief update on his latest health issues...

Last week Lifer March51 aka Terry Phippen was taken to hospital late at night with vision issues and a bad headache. The symptoms were identical to his last health emergency.

Indeed, he'd suffered another stroke, the result of which has left him with minimal vision. He's back home albeit with hospital tests coming up, but sadly it's not clear if he'll get much vision back.

He misses the board as much as his jigsaws, and he is improving so there's a half chance he'll make it back online some time in the future. Personally, I just want him back at the Valley next season!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully he can get better and see us push for the premier league.
  • Options
    Hi JiMMy - really sorry to hear about your dad. I don't know you or him at all but send very best wishes that he will recover his sight and that he will be back on CL and at the Valley before too long.
  • Options
    Best wishes to your dad, yourself, & all your family.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that please send him my best wishes.

Get well soon March...
  • Options
    Yeah please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery too.
  • Options
    Best wishes to your da, JiMMy. Hope he makes a good recovery & you both get your wishes soon.
  • Options
    Best wishes to your Dad and all your family JiMMy.
  • Options
    Hang in there, we're wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Jimmy. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery and that he'll be down at The Valley next season fella.
  • Options
    Get well soon March!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the very, very best March.
  • Options
    Get well soon fella
  • Options
    Get well soon.

• Options
    Hope things improve for you soon March. All my best wishes.
  • Options
    Wow thanks everyone. Brings a smile to his face when we read them out. Thank you.
  • Options
    Get well soon March51
  • Options
    Nice when he has a family member to post on here (especially appropriate on fathers day). Hope all goes well and he soon gets back on the road to recovery..............
  • Options
    Please pass on my best wishes as well...
  • Options
    Sad news jimmy hope all improves soon

Get well soon march51
  • Options
    Jimmy, best wishes to you both and hope you have a swift recovery, Terry.

I have little idea about how but can't websites be made more accessible to people with vision impairments like you dads?

Hope to see you on here again soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Send him my best jimmy.
  • Options
    All the best.
  • Options
    All the best Terry. One day at a time with the recovery and I hope your sight improves as does your health.
  • Options

Jimmy, best wishes to you both and hope you have a swift recovery, Terry.

I have little idea about how but can't websites be made more accessible to people with vision impairments like you dads?

Hope to see you on here again soon.

If you got hold of some Dragon software, couldn't it read it to him for you? Probably not as good as you doing it and maybe difficult to navigate, but it might help.
  • Options
    Already pm'd you, but get well soon Marchy.
    We need you outta that Tramshed and back on the tracks :-)
  • Options
    Jimmy please pass on my best wishes to Terry for a swift recovery.

I'm looking forward to buying him a few pints for those brilliant dvds he has sent me.
  • Options
    Jimmy, please pass on my message to your Dad : Sincerest wishes to you for a quick recovery young man.
    He'll understand
  • Options
    Always enjoy your posts march. Hope you are back on here soon.
  • Options
    A much respected member of this community. Hoping that he will be posting again soon.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

A much respected member of this community. Hoping that he will be posting again soon.

Well said. jimmy, your dad is a lovely guy amd it was a pleasure meeting him. Please pass on regards from everyone here, amd if there is anything we collectively to do to help in any way, then please say.