Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Questions about last season: your thoughts

Every summer I provide answers to some questions for World Soccer magazine, so thought to throw open to others t see what we get.

Interested in your thoughts

1 How would you describe last season?

2 What are your expectations for this season?

3 Who¹s your biggest hero?

4 Who¹s your biggest villain?

5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for

6 What was your best/favourite song/chant of last season?

Comments

• Options
    1. Better than expected. Excellent away, average at home but targets achieved.

2. Hard to tell this early but a couple of signings and we will hopefully finish top half again.

3. Chris Solly

4. The whole Birmingham team. Two 95th min equalisers home and away, preventing 4 points that could have seen us reach the playoffs.

5. Callum Harriott. The kids gonna be big.

6 "he's coming for you, he's coming for you, Jeremy Kyle, he's coming for you - millwall away.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1. very happy as I expected us to be in a relegation scrap. home form was a bit lacking though.

2. to try and go for the play-offs. couple of additions in certain areas could make that happen.

3. Yann Kermorgant

4. anyone involved in helping palace go up. including our own players for giving them 6 points.

5. callum harriott.

6. "all in all you're just a, bunch of pricks called millwall!"
  • Options
    I can't disagree with anything EssexGary has put.
  • Options
    1- Inconsistent, Cardiff/Leicester home and Barnsley/Watford away were brilliant. Millwall and Palace hurt like mad.
    2- Mid Table would be just fine
    3- Yann
    4- Kevin Phillips
    5- Pope
    6- Obi Obi Obika
  • Options
    1. If our home form had matched our away form then we would have been promoted.

2. A season we should be more experienced, I want to see more consistency and someone to finish off a few more chances.

3. Yann Kermorgant or Johnny Jackson.

4. David Cameron

5. Callum Harriott

6. The Obika song...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1 We over achieved thru great team togetherness and super management
    2 Hoping that we carry on from how we finished last season
    3 John Jackson. I thought he was finished but he is Powell's main man on the field .. AND the goals !!
    4 Ian Holloway (but I grudgingly admire him really)
    5 Harriott (the obvious answer)
    6 -------
  • Options
    1 How would you describe last season? Highs and Lows. but the Highs outweighed the lows in the end.

2 What are your expectations for this season? Same as last season. Mid Table.

3 Who¹s your biggest hero? Yann Kermorgant.

5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for. Kasey Palmer......

6 What was your best/favourite song/chant of last season? He Chipped For A Laugh, He Chipped For A Laugh. Yann Kermorgant, He Chipped For A Laugh.
  • Options
    1 How would you describe last season? Initially thought we'd do okay, but got worried about relegation scrap for a while.

2 What are your expectations for this season? Assuming some signings are made, outside shot of play-offs again. Especially if home form can be improved

3 Who¹s your biggest hero? Yann

5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for. Harriott

Oh Yann Kermorgant, you are the love of my life
    Oh Yann Kermorgant, I'd let you shag my wife
    Oh Yann Kermorgant, I chip penalties too
  • Options
    1. Poor on home performances which made it feel like a bad drain but overall 9th can't be sniffed at so on reflection a good season.
    2. I think football at our level is at an interesting point as teams prepare for fair play. It could be a very good season but I'll be happy with improved home performances even at the cost of our away record.
    3. Jacko, not just for his on field activity but also his rapport with the fans.
  • Options
    1. Overall very decent, with some real highs and some depressing lows. 4 home wins on the bounce at the end certainly did a lot for my positivity!

2 Depends who we bring in. With a few decent additions I'd expect a similar league position, hopefully with a chance of sneaking into the play offs. No real investment in the squad and we'll go backwards, but probably still be alright in terms of safety.

3 Kermorgant.

4 Holloway - genuinely had me believing Palace were going to mess it all up, but was just toying with me all along.

5 Callum Harriott - if this kid can push on and come even close to fulfilling his potential, he'll be a hell of a player.

6 The Obika song, mainly cos it coincided with the best part of our season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. A rollercoaster. I attended all home games, but none away so don't feel able to comment on those. Overall I thought our quality of football was rather poor. Nottingham Forest set the standard: streets above us.

2. Expectations? The play-offs - to expect anything less would be unambitious.

3. Yann Kermorgant and Chris Solly - excellent skills, tough physical qualities, and the right attitude.

4. None.

5. Callum Harriott - I'm hoping he can sustain his progress and improve his effectiveness in and around the box.

6. I'm in the Lower North - we rarely hear any chants or songs. The atmosphere needs hotting up.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1 A bit of a yo-yo season (as it was for most teams given how close the league was), but ended up better than many could have expected. A great success IMO.

2 More of the same without flirting with a relegation scrap! - mid table, with the posibility of scraping into the play-offs with another good end to the season. I think we must remember that this is largely the same team who played in League 1, and very few have previous Championship experience. This seems to be forgotten about when expectations are discussed.

3 Yann the Man

4 Millwall supporters (every single one of them) :)

5 Callum Harriott

6 Can't decide between 'Jeremy Kyle, he's coming for you', and 'Obi-Obi-Obika, Obika, Obika'
  • Options

1 How would you describe last season? Initially thought we'd do okay, but got worried about relegation scrap for a while.

2 What are your expectations for this season? Assuming some signings are made, outside shot of play-offs again. Especially if home form can be improved

5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for. Harriott

Oh Yann Kermorgant, you are the love of my life
    Oh Yann Kermorgant, I'd let you shag my wife
    Oh Yann Kermorgant, I chip penalties too

Hahaha that Kermorgant song is brilliant. Why have I not heard this before...?!

• Options
    1 How would you describe last season?
    Steady

2 What are your expectations for this season?

Same again with a few more home wins though. Perhaps play-offs.

3 Who¹s your biggest hero?

Jacko. Some vital goals from Midfield when the strikers went quiet.

Kenny Jackett.
    5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for

Rob Lee.

BOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    1 How would you describe last season? better than i expected but the last 8 games took us to an elevated position that i think we'll do well to match without some decent squad improvements

2 What are your expectations for this season? we'll be sloshing around in the bottom half

4 Who¹s your biggest villain? the mysterons

5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for . Harriott , hes shown flashes but a bit more experience and better thought processess and he could be a player

6 What was your best/favourite song/chant of last season? 'Jeremy Kyle, he's coming for you' it got up the scum fans noses and that's always a good thing
  • Options
    1) Fine once we got the DM position sorted

2)Challenge for promotion

3Andy Hughes

4)Roman Abramovic

5)Diego Poyet

6)Red Red Robin
  • Options
    1. Better than I expected in the end.

2. To stay up.

3. Chris Powell

4. Whoever was responsible for the exiting fiasco at the Millwall home game.

5. Young Harriott looks to have a lot of potential

6. Red, Red Robin
  • Options
    1 a rollercoaster that ended on a high

2 a play-off push

3 johnnie jackson, captain....leader

4 the 90th minute at home

5 Callum Harriott, left winger destined for good things

6 obi-obika and jeremy kyle already said so i will go with "theyve got chlamydia" towards the crystal palace cheerleaders
  • Options
    1. A typically exciting and unpredictable Championship season which resulted in a much higher finish than expected.

2. Hopefully more of the same with a potential play off push at the end. Although all depends on the players which come and go.

3. JJ, everything a captain should have been in a season where we were underdogs for most of it.

4. Watford's squad for the play off final.

5. Harriott, exciting talent.

6. Obika song.
  • Options
    1 How would you describe last season? - Very good solid season back in the Championship

2 What are your expectations for this season? - A towards playoffs but will not be to down if another mid season with building happens

3 Who¹s your biggest hero? - Yann

4 Who¹s your biggest villain? - Watford Diving Cheats

5 Tell us about a young player people should look out for - Harriott

6 What was your best/favourite song/chant of last season? - Obika Song
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are going to have a hero nominated - how about someone from Charlton Upbeats? Surely they could use the publicity?
  • Options
    For the middle bit...worrying.

Play offs.

Yann.

Jesus.

Harriott.

I haven't written it yet.
  • Options
    1 A huge success, massively exceeding my expectations but at the same time frustrating when you think what could have happened with a couple of better results and a reality check on the money front.

2 Strengthen the squad and maintatin our championship status building the club up for readiness for the premiership.

3 The people that have kept us afloat, CP and the Players

4 The police for a number of incidents at games I attended.

5 Johnnie Jackson. He'll come good with experience.

6 Don't save me by Haim.
  • Options
    1 Ultimately frustrating,an earlier good run and we would have made the play offs

2 Got to be progressing, so let's hope we make the play offs

3 Johnnie Jackson and SCP

4 Holloway

5 Morgan Fox

6 Jeremy Kyle he's coming for you at Millwall away made me laugh,but I'll go for obi obi obika.A shame SISS never took off.
  • Options
    1. Good overall. Poor home form pissed everyone off. Good away form rewarded the faithful. Still in some way think it was a missed chance to get in the play offs.

2. As investment stands the same again would be fine. Play a bit more on the floor at home would be nice. Should be a lot more belief next season so we may be dark horses. Bit like palace last season.

3.JJ. He stood up and made himself count when it seemed all was lost. Charlton legend.

4. Ourselves at times.

5. Only Harriot i can say.

6. Jonnie Jackson/batman song at barnsley. Pissed up blokes at the back were hilarious.
  • Options
    1. Well played picked up from towards the end of the season but overall good season.
    2.hopefully pushing for playoffs but mid-table would be more likely.
    3.yann great season for the big French man
    4. Bwp poor start of the season for us but proved his self abit at brentford
    5.callum harriot great season one for the future
    6.sister is your mother all the way