Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**LAST DAY** - Signed Wiggins' Boots, Kinsella matchworn shirt, signed t-shirt - UPBEATS FUNDRAISER

So you lot raised enough for an Upbeats kit but we wanted to make the boys and girls look the business so we want to get them not just an "park" kit but a replica of the first team kit plus some tracksuit tops.

So we need a final push to raise another £600. So all the good stuff we've been saving up is coming up for sale.

If you haven't seen the auctions before a few notes. They are real auctions so only bid you if can and intend to pay. Highest bidder wins and pays postage or collects. Auction ends at 5.00pm Any bids after 4.59pm are invalid. Please only bid in few £ units.

Lot A - Pair of Rhoys Wiggins' match worn boots signed by the player on both boots. In very good condition these are blue Adidas Lethal Zones boots size 8. Donated by Weegie Addick who blagged them off Rhoys at the Sponsors' Dinner and collected personally from the training ground by yours truely. Opening bid £80

Lot B - A superb long sleeve match worn number 8 away shirt from the mid 90s which was worn by Mark Kinsella. Donated by Steve Dixon who at the time was Commerical Manager at the Club and confirmed it was matched worn. Very good condition and uber-rare. Opening bid £90

Lot C - White Charlton t-shirt with signatures from the entire 2011/13 squad. Donated by PL54 who personally collected the autographs at the Sponsors Dinner. Opening bid £30

Happy bidding.

Auction ends on Monday 17th at 5.00pmimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    A - £80
  • Options
    What size is the Mark Kinsella shirt please.
  • Options
    46/48 in
  • Options
    C) £35
  • Options
    Badger said:

I would guess at small or medium, he was only a wee fella after all.

• Options

46/48 in

he liked his shirts baggy
    cfgs said:

Badger said:

• Options

46/48 in

he liked his shirts baggy
    cfgs said:

Badger said:

Baggy?

He could have been shielding a pack of stray cats from the weather and we would never have known.
  • Options
    Wiggins boots - cafcphil - 80
    Kinsella shirt -
    Signed t-shirt - cafcdave123 - 35
  • Options
    b - £90
  • Options
    A Wiggins boots - cafcphil - £80
    B Kinsella shirt - Carl Leaburn £90
    C Signed t-shirt - cafcdave123 - £35

Cheers guys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worth mentioning that C is a child's size shirt - aged 10/12 on the label but not on the large side in my opinion.

Signatures are 2012/13 squad from PoTY awards.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Worth mentioning that C is a child's size shirt - aged 10/12 on the label but not on the large side in my opinion.

oh now you tell me..... doesnt matter to me (if i'm the winning bidder) as it'll be going in a frame on the wall in the bar
  • Options
    Anyone know who played number 11 in that last match at Burnden Park?
  • Options
    TEL said:

Anyone know who played number 11 in that last match at Burnden Park?

Mark Kinsella
  • Options
    Thought the number 8 shirt above was his? I have the number 11 shirt from that game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    100% sure it's Kinsella. I think the confusion arises as we wore the following season's shirt in the last away game of the season at Burnden Park. Thus Kinsella would wear that style shirt with number 11 one season and the same style shirt presumably with a number 8 in a subsequent season.
  • Options
    Steve Dixon told me the shirt was worn by Kinsella in the rain drenched game v Swindon. Any got a date or even photos from them.

It has the velcro like furry number and is long sleeve. Not sure long sleeve replicas were sold.
  • Options

04/04/98
    0 - 1
  • Options
    TEL said:

Thought the number 8 shirt above was his? I have the number 11 shirt from that game.

Number 8 was Mark Bright number 11 was Kinsella at Burnden Park.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

Steve Dixon told me the shirt was worn by Kinsella in the rain drenched game v Swindon. Any got a date or even photos from them.

It has the velcro like furry number and is long sleeve. Not sure long sleeve replicas were sold.

That kit was worn for the first time up at Burnden Park in April 1997, and Bright wore the number 8 top. That kit was used on a few occasions during the 97/98 season, and Kinsella was an ever present in the number 8 jersey, BUT, he wore a short sleeved version against Swindon in the rain drenched fixure and the game up at Crewe. The top was worn at Stoke, but unable to find any evidence from that game.

• Options
    Cheers Shirty,

Dicko was definite it was a shirt Kins wore. Any games were the long sleeve was worn and any photos?
  • Options
    Mine is a long sleeve version too.....it too came via a Charlton employee and his son. Thanks for clearing that up, I have bid and failed to get the Burnden Program a few times to clarify.
  • Options
    Tel, there's video of the last game at Burnden on youtube and Kins is wearing a short sleeve number 11.
  • Options

PL54 said:

oh now you tell me..... doesnt matter to me (if i'm the winning bidder) as it'll be going in a frame on the wall in the bar
    Irving was told at the outset - he has a photo of the label too.
  • Options

Tel, there's video of the last game at Burnden on youtube and Kins is wearing a short sleeve number 11.

Yes watched it just now, Kins and Brighty in short sleeved shirts
  • Options
    Lots of chat on this thread. How about some more bids?
  • Options
    Commentator states that it's the first time we wore that kit. Although I saw us play away a few times the following season, I never saw us in this kit. I'm sure Rothko stated it was worn in a cup game, possibly Blackburn? And maybe. A couple of league games.
  • Options

Cheers Shirty,

Dicko was definite it was a shirt Kins wore. Any games were the long sleeve was worn and any photos?

I can find no evidence of Kinsella wearing that long sleeved top.

• Options
    Dear all,

I just had a call from Ben, asking if I could verify the origin of the 1997/98 3rd shirt.

In 1998, I used to offer player sponsorship to individuals and companies. At the end of the season, I used to invite the sponsors to a function where they would meet the player and receive his jersey.

Therefore, I would receive a huge stack of shirts from the kit manager and have to ensure that jerseys were allocated to the sponsors. This jersey was among those that I received and I think it was either unclaimed or I may have had two No 8's in the third kit as if I had only been given one of each from Nos 2-11, I wouldn't have had enough for every sponsor. Since 1998, it has been sitting in a drawer in my spare room.

Of course, in 1998, there were no squad numbers as there are now, so any player could wear any numbered jersey for a game, but the No 8 was most commonly associated with Mark Kinsella, hence my original comment to Ben that it was his jersey. It may possibly have been worn by someone else as well.

I seem to recall that at the time we did not offer shirt numbering as a service, so the black No 8 is another indication of it's authenticity. I can't recall if we wore long sleeves or short sleeves in any of the games that season where the strip was worn, but no doubt someone will be able to verify. Nevertheless, it is a genuine match worn shirt, supplied by the club kit man at the time. If it was worn in a reserve game or a friendly, or by a player other than Mark Kinsella, the fault is entirely mine.