Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie signings

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Diawarra £4M - took time to bed in, class, great performance yesterday - vfm=7/10

Carson - class, what a save at the end yesterday, vfm=10/10

Traore £2M - accident prone, liability, vfm=0/10 (how have Pompey fared since he went there?)

Faye £2M - jury still out, did well against Parker, vfm=4/10

Pouso - who?, vfm=0/10

Hasselbaink - past it, vfm=1/10

Walton £1M, seems not to be deemed good enough, vfm=3/10

Andy Reid £2M - very good but injury prone, vfm=6/10

Comments

• Options
    pretty fair assessment, may be being a bit kind on Faye. He is not as bad as some make out, but he is not a £2m player
  • Options
    Dowie signed a contract as well didn't he? 0/10
  • Options
    Are we sure these were all Dowie signings? I though Mr Mills was in charge of all that. Also I do seem to remember us being linked with JFH before Dowie came.
  • Options
    I am sure we were linked with some before his arrival, but he would at least have had the final say, except for Gibbs who'd already signed.
  • Options
    Seem to be very hit or miss don't they, either excellent of woefully dis-appointing.
  • Options
    Let's be honest, you can pick most managers and find some turkeys. Even Fergie has cocked up a few times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite] but he would at least have had the final say

You would like to think so, however this may not be the case.
  • Options
    Wasn't Reid 3m?

Faye, not fit to clean Kish's boots, and you know my views on Kish..

:D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Let's be honest, you can pick most managers and find some turkeys. Even Fergie has cocked up a few times.

And Curbs!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Let's be honest, you can pick most managers and find some turkeys. Even Fergie has cocked up a few times.

Ralph Milne.....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]pretty fair assessment, may be being a bit kind on Faye. He is not as bad as some make out, but he is not a £2m player

He is not even a £2 player.

Did you hear the ironic cheers from the Geordies when he miscontrolled the ball with his first bloody touch.

granted he seemed a bit fired up and played slightly better but you just felt he was a mistake waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Given that last summer we needed another striker (ZZ!) and a decent central midfielder and a decent left back (NOT Traore) then overall 12M was not well spent.

Having said that I agree with most of the above and always rated Diawara as the new Rufus - I like Reid but actuall rate Romm and Thomas when they play like they did for the second half yesterday.