Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Upbeats First Fixture Sweepstake+++ Mendonca In Asdas - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Comments

• Options
    I'm delighted to say that the Upbeats will benefit by £585.75 (including Gift Aid). Thank you to everyone for your great support. And, of course, best of luck when the fixtures are announced on Wednesday even though many believe some games just can't be the first fixture!
  • Options

I'm delighted to say that the Upbeats will benefit by £585.75 (including Gift Aid). Thank you to everyone for your great support. And, of course, best of luck when the fixtures are announced on Wednesday even though many believe some games just can't be the first fixture!

All credit goes to you, Malaysia: well done for galvanising us into supporting the Upbeats - keep us posted with their news, please. Our first game of the season? While you are gently sunning yourself in the Tropics, we are hoping for Blackpool away, or even Bournemouth. Meanwhile, we'll probably get 'Uddersfield at home...!

• Options
    Sunning myself in the tropics? I spent Wednesday watching rain at an English cricket ground. The flight back to the sun (I nearly mistyped sin!) leaves in a week or so.
  • Options
    In the rain ? Cricket ? Cricket? What in heaven's name is that? You Tropical expatriates just don't understand the pain we go through between the delirium of the ball hitting the onion bag against Bristol Titty and the long, bleak south-London winter until we can face the very picturesque and soothing palm-trees of Torquay, away in the League Cup....

• Options
    Two games already announced as first fixtures according to the BBC.

Burnley v Bolton
    Derby v Blackburn

38 possibles left

Here's the draw that has just been completed

BARNSLEY (H) Nug
    Barnsley (A) WSS
    BIRMINGHAM (H) Weegie Addick
    Birmingham (A) AFKABartram
    BLACKBURN (H) ColinWalsh'sLovechild
    Blackburn (A) sirjohnhumprey
    BLACKPOOL (H) ISawLeaburnScore
    Blackpool (A) cafcinperth
    BOLTON (H) ellisaddick
    Bolton (A) ExiledinManchester
    BOURNEMOUTH (H) otherwarwickaddick
    Bournemouth (A) Mendonca in Asdas
    BRIGHTON (H) No.1 in South London
    Brighton (A) Bedsaddick
    BURNLEY (H) lordromford
    Burnley (A) MiserableOldGit
    DERBY (H) LeaburnForEngland
    Derby (A) rikofold
    DONCASTER (H) johnny73
    Doncaster (A) Bournemouth Addick
    HUDDERSFIELD (H) mrs thai
    Huddersfield (A) poplcon
    IPSWICH (H) Sonicstud85
    Ipswich (A) Valley McMoist
    LEEDS (H) RedArmySE7
    Leeds (A) suzisausage
    LEICESTER (H) ValleyGary
    Leicester (A) stackitsteve
    MIDDLESBRO (H) T.C.E.
    Middlesbro (A) PL54
    MILLWALL (H) Blinkat
    Millwall (A) Carl Leaburn
    NOTTS FOREST (H) Badger
    Notts Forest (A) Curb It
    QPR (H) Lancashire Lad
    QPR (A) Viewfinder
    READING (H) Webbja77
    Reading (A) Fanny Fanackapan
    SHEFF WED (H) delroofer
    Sheff Wed (A) jaire
    WATFORD (H) bigstemerra
    Watford (A) Lancashire Lass
    WIGAN (H) Brunello
    Wigan (A) clb74
    YEOVIL (H) Valley11
    Yeovil (A) Henry Irving

• Options
    ..How's my luck.........
  • Options
    Nnnoooooo

already out and the fixtures havent even been announced yet
  • Options
    Today's the day we find out the winner. Annoyingly, I will be in a meeting all day and might struggle to find out the winner until much later in the day.
  • Options
    Oh ffs.

*stomps off to have a sulk*
  • Options
    Congrats Mendonca in Asda! Really happy with Bournemouth away!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Wind up? or are you ITK?
  • Options
    ITK but my mole can sometimes be a wind up! Brighton h boxing day and millwall sept 21st.... Last game Blackpool a
  • Options
    Blackpool a last game would be superb
  • Options
    Brighton away first game, Blackpool away last game. I think your mate is having a little leg pull personally
  • Options
    Ahhh what a skunk. I'll give him a slap and not post anything from his gob again! Sorry MIA
  • Options

Congrats Mendonca in Asda! Really happy with Bournemouth away!!!!

Well done

• Options

ITK but my mole can sometimes be a wind up! Brighton h boxing day and millwall sept 21st.... Last game Blackpool a

Fair play mate!
  • Options

Spot on, nice one
  • Options
    I apologise Sonic !
  • Options
    Managed to get online for a few moments....congratulations to Mendonca in Asdas, who wins £150, and, of course, to cafcinperth who takes the booby prize of £25. I'm on a tight schedule today, but I will be in contact with the winners tonight. (I've assumed that it really is Bournemouth away first game and Blackpool away last game!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Blimey!

Speechless for once!
  • Options
    Congrats Mendonca - and well done to those who organised this.
  • Options
    Seconded.
  • Options
    My dad said it was going to be Bournemouth away, so well done Mendonca my one couldn't be any further away last picked. Oh well
  • Options
    congrats MiA and cafcinperth, and a big thank you to Thai Malaysia (and his company), for not just organising, but stumping up the prize.

More good funds raised towards kitting out the Upbeats
  • Options

Brighton away first game, Blackpool away last game. I think your mate is having a little leg pull personally

That was never going to happen with my luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still in shock , Yep thank you Thai for organising this , it would be great to see a pic of the Upbeats in their new kit when it happens , a very worthy cause.
  • Options
    Is the chicken dinner an extra prize?!
  • Options

My dad said it was going to be Bournemouth away, so well done Mendonca my one couldn't be any further away last picked. Oh well

You've won the booby prize of £25 for the last fixture!
  • Options
    Oh cool I love boobies