Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEXT SEASON'S TEAM

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Being full of confidence after watching the stream of yesterday's match (we are staying up!) what are the chances of the key players remaining with Charlton for season 2007 / 08?
I refer of course to S CARSON, D BENT, A SONG, ZZ, D Rommadahl,. It was thought that BENT would go - why would he want to now? Will Arsenal sell us SONG? Would he want to stay? Same with CARSON; ZZ loves the premiership so we should be able to buy him.
Thoughts?
My team for the remaining games:
Carson
Young Bougherra Diawarra Thatcher
Ambrose or Rommadahl , Song, Holland, Thomas
ZZ Bent

Comments

• Options
    I think we have the right to buy ZZ, so surely will? Makes you wonder why some players eg. Pouso cannot adapt if this guy from China seems to have done it so well.

Rommedahl and Carson will be gone.

Song might be a possibility, Arsenal might take anything they can get after his performance yesterday, so now might be the time to sort out a deal!
  • Options
    I'm not sure Carson will go back to Liverpool, another season out on loan or a transfer elsewhere surely await.

I imagine Song might be surplus to requirements at Arsenal.
  • Options
    I've always got the feeling Carson is the kind of player that really values the guarantee of first team football - whether he would get that at Arsenal or anywhere else he might've been linked to, i don't know, but is it that inconceivable that he might stay another season if we survive?
  • Options
    If we stay up, Carson, if given the choice, may well stay, but to be honest- on this season's performances, he may be Liverpool's No1 choice next year.

If we do stay up, without wanting to tempt fate, i expect Song and ZZ to both be here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: frankie wolfgang[/cite]I've always got the feeling Carson is the kind of player that really values the guarantee of first team football - whether he would get that at Arsenal or anywhere else he might've been linked to, i don't know, but is it that inconceivable that he might stay another season if we survive?
    According to Thomas Myrhe, Carson has guaranteed no.1 status in his contract.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    If that is accurate, would that have been at Carson's or Liverpool's request?
  • Options
    Liverpool's I should imagine.
  • Options
    That's what i thought re F Blocker and Frankie's posts above.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]According to Thomas Myrhe, Carson has guaranteed no.1 status in his contract.
    also though Carson said he hadn't expected to become a regular straight away