Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thailand

2»

Comments

• You forgot Bill Clinton
  • I couldn't see how to connect that into the story?
  • Curb_It said:

I recommend Krabi and Railay too , I saw Bill Clinton there . can get boats to Phi phi where Bill Clinton was staying from there i think and other places where Bill Clinton visited . Whenever I went I always went back there and so did Bill Clinton . Bill Clinton was Totally chilled.

Only did one full moon party with Bill Clinton on phangan but It was an experience. Was on Koh Samui for a New Year's Eve once where I danced with Bill Clinton , which was one of the best ever but I'm talking 1994 here and I hear its changed drastically. there's even a Burger King there now I hear which Bill Clinton opened. Sad.

• Nutter! Anyway it was Hong Kong that I met him. Don't you fffing listen?
  • hahahah was it really ....I thought it was Bangkok HA ! doh
  • True the Monsoon is only a few hours a day but it does naff up if your traveling about the place and flooding is a real issue.
  • Curb_It said:

Was on Koh Samui for a New Year's Eve once which was one of the best ever but I'm talking 1994 here and I hear its changed drastically. there's even a Burger King there now I hear. Sad.

And an airport.
    Can remember the 12 hour bus from Bangkok to Surat Thani, then the overloaded boat over to Samui.
    Happy days.

Oh, and if your going to pahngan, put an ommolette on your list.
  • Get the night train fron Bangers to Butterworth and the ferry to George Town, Penang--- eat from the train restaurant --Thai food on the go-- woks 100MPH --train a lot slower, but truely a great experience (hopefully not to sanitised)
  • There's an airport on Samui?? I never knew that. No wonder it got built up.

• Little thatched roof thing, with a little train that takes you and your luggage the50 yards from plane to terminal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

There's an airport on Samui?? I never knew that. No wonder it got built up.

And they give you free chicken sandwiches, popcorn and orange squash if you fly Air Asia. I ate my weight in bodyweight on the hangover I was suffering from in that airport. Great times.
  • Samui Airport is fantastic. This is the main terminal:

• edited June 2013

Get the night train fron Bangers to Butterworth and the ferry to George Town, Penang--- eat from the train restaurant --Thai food on the go-- woks 100MPH --train a lot slower, but truely a great experience (hopefully not to sanitised)

I dunno, I didn't really like Penang. Long way to get back from as well.

If you're into dance music then there are a couple of places on Koh Phangnan which you can only get to by rickshaw from Haad Rin, and sell more than alcohol. Those were the best nights I had, no cheese and no face paint anywhere.

• Curb_It said:

There's an airport on Samui?? I never knew that. No wonder it got built up.

And they give you free chicken sandwiches, popcorn and orange squash if you fly Air Asia. I ate my weight in bodyweight on the hangover I was suffering from in that airport. Great times.
    Bangkok Air, not Air Asia, where you have to pay for absolutely everything!
  • Thanks Guys, we are looking at going around Xmas time.