Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League plans new loan limits.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Be interesting to see what happens - it doesn't suggest the loan system we used will be totally closed but just brought in line with the domestic system.

TBH I don't think we would need anywhere near 10 more loan signings if some of the current guys sign..probably unrealistic to expect them all to do so.

One of the biggest and loudest critics was Mr Holloway - oddly enough I didn't hear him complain after the final whistle at Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday..

;)
  • Options

Be interesting to see what happens - it doesn't suggest the loan system we used will be totally closed but just brought in line with the domestic system.

TBH I don't think we would need anywhere near 10 more loan signings if some of the current guys sign..probably unrealistic to expect them all to do so.

One of the biggest and loudest critics was Mr Holloway - oddly enough I didn't hear him complain after the final whistle at Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday..

;)

I presume Holloway had other things to talk about after the game! I quite agree with him though, it will be interesting what Watford do this summer.
  • Options
    Exactly - it didn't bother him.

What hopefully will happen is some of the loan players sign permanent deals like you foe Forestieri did and we are allowed to bring in other players with FA/FL approval.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So can Udinese just "sell" Watford these players for nothing? No need for loans!

Also read this the other day http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12962/8749531/Napoli-boss-Aurelio-De-Laurentiis-wants-to-buy-English-club

Napoli guy looking to do similar - hopefully he stays away from us already talking of bringing his own manager.
  • Options
    The problem at this level is always injuries, which is what I think the loan system should be about. It shouldn't be about having a squad of 'temporary staff' but a way of surviving without a massive squad. Many think we wouldn't need that many but we have been relatively lucky with injuries the last two years (and I know this is also down to training but there is an element of luck). If we had five or six major injuries in key positions would we be able to survive with what we have?
    And there have been teams in the past who have had all their first 11 out injured.
  • Options
    Cant blame the hornets for exploiting the rank drafting of the fa. They Stretched the rules but didnt Break the Letter of them.

If like to See a principles based Approach adopted. You can never codify every permutation, but you can hold those looking to sham the rules responsible. Just like we are hopefully moving towards tax, if you take action to avoid rules, that action can be stripped away
  • Options
    Tend to agree with Jac52, Udinese will just sell their players to Watford for peanuts and get around it that way I am sure. Plenty of loop holes always exist for teams that really want to push things
  • Options

Tend to agree with Jac52, Udinese will just sell their players to Watford for peanuts and get around it that way I am sure. Plenty of loop holes always exist for teams that really want to push things

Only if said players want to come of course - I am not one of those expecting all the current loan players to join in realistic terms and as said we'd only want players who really want to join...

• Options
    The new rules are still too lax .. 5 loanees in any match day squad? .. that is at least 3 too many
  • Options
    I just find what watford did was unfair and stupid. There really should have been a limit from the amount of loans a club can have from day one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    With football finances outside the Premier League what they are I must say that I'm not too surprised at the way Football League clubs use the loan system. Watford last year were at the extreme end and if anything the ludicrous situation Watford created will be a catalyst to change the system and reign it back into some sort of fairness and credibility. I would personally like to see a maximum of three loan players in a match day squad unless special dispensation is sought in cases where clubs have suffered with illness or extreme injuries that have depleted their options. I would also like to see it mandatory for one "home grown" player under the age of 21 to be on the bench.
  • Options
    i think that taking on loan players doesnt help a club in the long term taking on a few isnt as bad but doing a watford doesnt help and shows the clubs has a short term plan ie "Lets just get in to the EPL and hope for the best"