Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we actually going to sign any new players?

Continues to be very quiet regarding new signings - does this suggest we are going to be more reliant on youngsters next season or are there players we are after ?
Seems like a lot of clubs are in a similar position.

Comments

• Options
    Or its still early in the close season.
  • Options
    Give it time!

Players may have already agreed to join but are under contract elsewhere until the 30th June.

We will sign players dont you worry.
  • Options
    no. just Gower I'm afraid.
  • Options
    The transfer window isn't even open for 4 weeks, until then you won't see any transfers involving fees.
  • Options
    I think we were spoilt in the season that we won League One as it seemed like we signed a new player pretty much every week throughout the course of the season
  • Options
    Patience. I reckon we will bring in about 3 out of contract players and sign a couple more for small-ish fees but unlikely before July at least.
  • Options
    Crazy season has started on CL as usual. First week of june, we haven't signed 20 players for a combined £50million, so the doom mongers foretell our impending relegation with a record low number of points.

I hate summer.
  • Options
    Wait till the transfer window opens at least!
  • Options
    I'm not sure any club has signed more than one player yet
  • Options
    Heard we only signed Gower so we can get a fee for him when the window opens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyones in Vegas
  • Options
    Powell out!
  • Options

I'm not sure any club has signed more than one player yet

Brum have signed at least two. Randolph and Novak.

• Options
    I just find May and June boring
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I hear deals are being lined up for Hazard, Mata , Bale and Suarez, oh hang on that's Football Manager 2013.

Seriously I expect at least another 9 faces through the door by the time the window closes, otherwise we are not going to get over 100 points next season.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As far as I can tell, these are the Championship deals done (by club) since the end of the season:

Brum: 4
    Blackburn: 3
    Burnley: 2
    Derby: 2
    Bolton: 1
    Charlton: 1
    Ipswich: 1
    Millwall: 1
  • Options
    Patience is not just a card game.
  • Options
    So, according to Callumcafc's stats, the average number of transfers is 0.625 per club. We are, therefore, 60% more active in the transfer market than average.
  • Options

Patience is not just a card game.

Very true Henry, best thing we can do is take the month of June off , forget about Charlton , do some decorating and some gardening, watch some other sports, maybe even take up a new hobby....

Thought not , see you all tomorow.., :-0

• Options
    we are waiting to see how our pitch turns out first.

if it's a paddy field again then we will sign huge, talentless feckers for Gower to supply.

however, if it resembles a bowling green we will sign diddy men who are good at twisting and turning and who will make the best of the grass.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe we haven't signed anyone since this thread was started. Powell out, Lomas in!
  • Options
    IT'S EVEN ON WIKI AND THE OS :O http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Gower
  • Options

no. just Gower I'm afraid.

..and he's a cricket person
  • Options
    We have no money!!!!!
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Rob Hulse
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I know we all want to improve year on year, but I'm happy we bring in the right sort of players that are going to make us a stronger team / squad , I hope we have one or two youngsters who can handle the step up to the first team.

I don't want us to blow out on money we haven't got and pay for it in the future, steady progress rather than instant gratification.

We've had enough excitement in recent years, what have we learnt from it?
  • Options
    We probably have, the club are just choosing not to announce it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And gower is on holiday

i would hope so are other targets so that when we move on them they are relaxed and ready

Cant believe a few days into june and people are questioning the lack of signings
  • Options
    Can not wait for the pre season to start so we can see all of our new signing.