Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Reminiscence Class

Going through my Fathers papers I found a document produced by the Charlton Athletic Reminiscence Class from 1988. Really good read from some passionate Addicks. Anyone know about this group? Is it still going?

Comments

• Options
    Yes it still meets every Thursday at The Valley. My great Aunt, aged 91, is a regular!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've still got the booklet full of photos and stories from the old chaps, published just before the return to The Valley (or maybe that is the 1988 document referred to?)

It's a thoroughly absorbing read of the old timers recollections. I guess most of them have passed away by now.

• Options
    I also have this. It was run by a bloke called Andy Solomon and I think at the time it was run in conjunction with Greenwich Council. I think the person who runs it now is called Pauline. I interviewed her once about the '57 Huddersfield game. Now she genuinely was there!
  • Options

I also have this. It was run by a bloke called Andy Solomon and I think at the time it was run in conjunction with Greenwich Council. I think the person who runs it now is called Pauline. I interviewed her once about the '57 Huddersfield game. Now she genuinely was there!

I was there and so was my grandson.
  • Options
    I was there to and thats a fact
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There are two booklets, a red one - the original - and a yellow one. I produced the second one for them.

Andy was the photographer assaulted by Simon Oelman, defeated chair of planning, at the Greenwich election count in 1990. He later moved to the Far East where he was working as a journalist last I heard.
  • Options

There are two booklets, a red one - the original - and a yellow one. I produced the second one for them.

Are they still available in some form Airman ?
  • Options
    The red booklet is the one I have.
  • Options
    Airman, is the yellow one a follow up or a reprint?